"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

finally got to see this episode after a taping incident last week missed it.
    anyhoo,the episode for me wasnt the great. i was about as interested in the case as i was for spellbound last year. i think every once and a while, the writers get a story that should be great but they just cant pull it off.
    through the whole episode nothing happened that really interested me, there werent any surprises or twists. i felt going after the dentist was just some random choice, and it was a little unsatisfying how easily they got him and they dont really give you a reason for his behaviour. serial killer episodes should be interesting and keep you on edge, this one barely held my attention.
    but i dont understand why everyone is jumping all over keppler. theres nothing wrong with him, we dont even know much about him yet. he was brought in to stir things up and create controversy which will be happening this week.
    a fresh face can be a good thing and i think i will enjoy the rest of his episodes (if they are better than this one) was hoping for some of the other characters to get some screentime with grissom away but oh well, cant have everything i suppose.

2. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

They are probably so focused on doing really great epis for sweeps week that they are doing these "fillers" for now...yeah, that's what I'll tell myself! :D

3. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

I might get blasted for this, but I find Keppler more enjoyable to watch than Grissom. Maybe it's just I'm so used to Grissom that there are no surprises left from him anymore, and after today's ep, I'm kinda waiting to see Grissom leave just for some fresh blood on the core team. Keppler seems like a great additional character for these few episodes. I like how he does have a gut instinct, and he's not all "evidence evidence evidence" because while I like the science side of CSI, I understand it's a drama first and foremost, and I'm willing to give it dramatic license.

As for the episode itself, I loved it. I wish CSI and CSI:NY did more of these types of cases, single case episodes.