"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. edog

edog Lab Technician

hehe. I must say, you have made my day. What a tangled web this would be, don't you think?

2. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

I do! Of course, I tend to give the writers WAY too much credit, and end up let down half the time! I think they need to hire some of the people from this website to write for them!

3. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

No, Hottie_Cath, you're correct. The mutiny happens in Redrum, not Sweet Jane. Keppy and Cath put together a fake crime scene to flush out a killer [making the killer think there is a copycat stealing his thunder]. She hides it from the Young Turks and they suspect something is up with Keppy [is he Internal Affairs? Is Cath in on it?].

And as bad as it sounds, no one has entertained the idea that Catherine is keeping them out of the loop to protect her team. If this plan fails and the you-know-what hits the fan, maybe she wants to make sure it hits her, not the Young Turks.

4. sweetpea00

sweetpea00 Civilian

Hmm, very interesting. I DEFINITELY can't wait for thursday!

5. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Well, like Sarahvma said:

The situation just sucks, regardless of why she does it. I wish they had found another way to amp up the drama while Grissom was gone.

6. nukejane12

nukejane12 Dead on Arrival

7. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

I'm not too sure about Keppler. I'll just have to wait and see what I think of him, especially his plans with Catherine. She might have a perfectly legitimate reason for lying, but Nick may be right and they can't really trust her this time. I'm so confused! This episode can't come fast enough!

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't think Nick is on it, if he does. He will let his friends know about it. They don't trust Keppler, now they don't trust Catherine. When Grissom come back, I wondering how he going to react about when his teams out of control. We all know Sara will tell him.

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

if catherine was just keeping some information from the team for a harmless reason then i think he will be upset that his team was so fast in turning their backs on catherine

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

It really isn't going to matter what catherine does. People who hate her is going to find any reason. I think I am going to see the episode before I pass judgement on the situation.

I have seen some previews on CTV, and I really don't like Keppler. He has no emotions at all. I can't wait till Grissom comes back.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That could be the case, however, her dismissive attitude probably gives them the impression otherwise.

These guys have grown in the past seven years and are no longer the surrogate children of Catherine and Gill. They are professionals in their own right now.

Keep in mind, Catherine has totally ticked them off over the years.

In season one, she literally snatched the Holly Gibbs murder case out of Nick's hands.

In season two when Nick got personal about a case she threatened to kick him off.

In season four, she took a crime scene away from Sara and Nick and made it her own.

And she was not a very good supervisor in season five and at one point Nick just shrugged her off and said, 'whatever' when she got snippy with him over some minor comment he made on leadership styles.

So the relationship has not been great because Catherine hasn't always been a great leader. She might be a great CSI, but not a great leade

Grissom plays favourites with Warrick and Sara, Catherine just stomps all over them.

And so they may interpret her actions wrong, but she doesn't give them any reason to think otherwise.

12. DetectiveCurtis

DetectiveCurtis Lab Technician

You know I was watching one of the clips on CBS.com, the one where Kepler and Catherine are in the garrage. I think Hodges might be right. Maybe Kepler is IA. I mean who wears a suit in Las Vegas to a crime scene?

13. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I'll give Keppler a chance (like I do with any new comer) however if he makes a play for Sarah I will totally have to give serious thought to his true intentions.

Until he gives me a reason (though the promo itself is reason enough) I'm going to say he's a good guy.

Thanks hhunter I was wondering who did that song. :)

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Just to put my two cents here. In Overload, Catherine was concerned because it hit too close to home for Nick and he was acting pretty emotionally. After he had told Catherine about his childhood, she understood and even said she was sorry. In After the Show, the murderer asked for Catherine. He wanted to talk to her, or he wouldn't talk at all. Plus it was Grissom who decided to have Catherine take over the case. Catherine didn't "take it away and make it her own." IMO Nick wasn't happy about his case being given away, but he understood that Grissom had his reason and he worked with Catherine pretty well.

As for Catherine not being a good supervisor... Yeah, she probably wasn't the best supervisor in season 5, but I can imagine her frustration when people compared her with Grissom non-stop. As she once said, she is NOT Grissom. You can't ask her to be just like him (um...the lab certainly didn't need yet another socially deficient supervisor). A lot of people just see how she and Sara fought in Nesting Dolls or how Nick shrugged her off in Big Middle, but do you see how she covered the boys in Who Shot Sherlock and how she stood up for Warrick in No Humans Involved despite being strict to him when they were in private?

Each character has their own flaws, even Grissom does. If we really want to talk about it here, then not only Catherine but all the CSIs have given their partners reasons not to trust them.

And back to the topic, any Cath!Drama is always welcome by me. I'm trying to stay neutral regarding the spoilers and I can't wait to see how it will play out.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Erica, you're absolutely right that it was Grissom who made the decision to give the case completely to Catherine, however Catherine then went and used Greg (even Grissom raised an eyebrow at this) rather than Nick and Sara to assist her.

He compared it to switching lawyers in the OJ case, and didn't seem to think it was a good idea at all.

Add to that that when she did finally let Sara help, she tossed her out of the room when the pictures came on, and made it clear that it was less about the victim's privacy and more about her simply wanting to work alone.

So yes, Grissom gave Catherine the case, but then Catherine turned around and purposefully excluded Nick and Sara, who had asked to work it.

I think that's what I, at least, took issue with.

And what raises a flag with upcoming episodes like these where it seems as though Catherine really isn't suited to a position of power as I believe she abuses it.