Stella/Melina #6: Rambo Stella. Bring it on!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Aug 11, 2008.

?

Stella/Melina #5: ??!?!?!?!?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2008.
  1. Rambo Stella, Bring it On!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Rambo Stella...Don't mess with me!

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Rambo Stella, Watch out guys!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 'Cause we all love Rambo Stella

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  5. Can you reach the Stellarina Grade?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stellarinas?!You know where to find us....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Could you be a Stellarina..?

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Dear Andromeda:

I absolutely agree with you :D I think she had an extremely strong will for surviving. We don't know exactly what things she knew when she was a child about herself, under what conditions she was left in St Basil (or St Francis as it was told at the beginning). We only know in spite of her childhood she did survive and she could stay in this side of law.
    I read a mini bio on Charles Chaplin. And Charles said: "Without my brother i would have become into a thief and maybe ended in a common grave" when both had to spend some time in an orphanage
    But Stella, even having nobody, she managed to survive until she found her best friend, someone who later needed more of her protection and loving care :)
    Also i agree when you say it must be that experience that sharpened her instincts. I remember in S1 she distrusted of that teen girl who at the end was who made her college mate to die when she sold drugs. Probably she would have distrsuted of St Mary then:lol:

Certainly i won't never understand why she felt attracted to him. She reacted as she had found the other half of her soul (??????) just the very first minute she was with him. Probably she met him before he was introduced to us and probably she felt in that way because he was an artist and Stella has an unsolved passion for Arts (Hello Stell! you had a certain friend who plays the bass perfectly! He is close dear! :D )
    I liked very much S3 about certain things that happened to Stella because it was remarked a lot her hidden sides as the one she pretends to keep from anyone. It was showed how she dealt with her own dark side, and all is tied to her childhood and how she reacts when she feels a threat. It's not casual her behaviour in Open and Shut, not dealing with her fears at first but later she did with some effort and a lot of courage.
    Also when she thought she had aids, she tried to manage that on her own but again her anchor was Mac. He was there always for her once she decided to let him.
    A special case is Mindy. She didn't tell anyone (not even Mac) she let her escape.Probably because in front of Mindy she wasn't a cop, she was just her little sister Stella who finally understood and forgave her for leaving her behind. She finally closed a circle that night (and in my opinion must be one of the best Melina's scenes of many we had :D )
    great! so now she needs to marry a workaholic guy:lol:.
    PLENI--->
    gezzzzzz i want to know why she become a CSI! I mean, we knew she was going to be persistent because of her will and she was going to be at the top but why she would leave dance lessons when she dreamt of being a dancer since she was a kid!

Jadders--> dear! i will post to you two things: welcome pics and spoiler pics pics at the same time:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

I would have dressed her with a robe and she would be a real Greek Goddess among those:lol:

[​IMG]

Many hugs to all

Debbs:bolian:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. jaderss

jaderss Victim

awww thank you so much debbs! :hugegrin:

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

You're welcome Jadders! :D

I have been thinking next Wednesday it's a very special day for Melina and for us,of course, think about a nice message to leave her here. That would be a very nice surprise if she ever visits the forum (i don't think she has time enough but i can't loose my hope :D

More lovely piccies! (I must confess i detested Joannie in Providence. i wanted to smacked her just for being so obnoxious sometimes towards Sydney)

[​IMG]

Melina in a show i don't remember which one but it was one where Gary also participated and he cooked! (I have been in the website but i can't find the link!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. athens

athens Coroner

^I've never seen those pictures before!Thanks for sharing.
    I really like the Greek style picture.She would fint in right away if she had a dress and her hair were puller up:lol:

Do you know if they put Frankie in the story to be a bad guy from the beggining or it happened in the process?..I didn't find him bad on the contrary in the episode where he helped with the case and when he was seen or mentioned I thought he was a good guy.I remember that when I first found this site it was around the time there were official spoilers about Stella being in danger..

Stella's character is a mixture of a tough person,who fights for what she believes and wants with all her heart and at the same time is very compassionate and friendly with the people she loves and cares about.And that's one of the reasons I find her character to be so interesting.We don't really know a lot about her childhood and what made her be the person she is now on the show but I would definitely like to see more on that topic.

5. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Debbie, thank you so much. 5.21 left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth and I needed something to cheer me up.

Athens, I don't really know, but I liked him too! He seemed such a genuinely nice guy. I was happy that Stella had found someone and was thus becoming more of a person and less of a pissed off robot. He made her show a bit of her softer side. Who would have thought he'd turn out to be such a psycho!

6. athens

athens Coroner

Exactly.When they bring other characters in her life we get to see more of her own character and personality .Even in All Access we found out that she really is a person that can break,not a superwoman.It still is incredibly awful what Frankie did to Stella and I would prefer to see her more human side in a different kind of storyline however we discovered certain things about her character from her and Frankie.

7. Plenilunio

Yup, we don't need to see her break down after being brutally assaulted and killing Frankie in the process to realize she's a human being despite what season 1 suggested. Luckily, she's slowly become something else, someone with a great heart, who deeply cares about the people around her. And all of it without stopping being the kick-ass tough chick she was back in s1. I'm not really keen on action movies, but Stella going Rambo is awesome!

That's one of the reasons I can't wait to see her and Mac fight!

8. athens

athens Coroner

I think we all love Rambo Stella!!:D:D

I can't wait for the episode either.I don't want to be dissapointed but I 'm looking forward to her scene with Mac and generally how the whole team will react if/when they find out what is going on.Everyone has a good relationship with Stella.She is a mother,sister,friend figure I think

9. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hiya all and thanks to everybody who posted these really "nice" piccies ( oh, well, just a little underestimating :lol:)

Plenilunio, I wouldn´t have thought either, that Frankie would turn out to be such a freak, and they really never seemed to give the slightest hints. Afterwards I tried to think if there had been little hidden signs that something´s fishy with him, but I wasn´t aware of any. He seemed to do Stella good, she was always in great beams and that, whenever she met him, or when he sent her flowers or called her. Unlike with Drew who was so obviously playing a false game.

Ghawazee, I wonder if Stella has inherited part of her strong will from her parents, that she not only trained herself to survive, no matter what comes her way, but that it´s also a genetic thing. Maybe that´s another thing that always kept her alive, that though she never knew her parents she might have thought of them or imagined them as wonderful, strong persons and that she therefore always wanted to become a strong person and go her own way, so they would have been proud of her, had they still lived. I think, the crux in Stella´s life is that she knows her parents didn´t give her away, because they didn´t want her, but she grew up in foster homes because her parents had died early. So even though she had to go through life alone most of the time, there must have always been a sort of comfort that once she was a beloved child of her parents.
    I agree, there were quite some endearing scenes in S3, especially the ones with Mindy in "Cold Reveal", when she put her emotions over the law. I think even if she had told Mac about letting Mindy go, maybe he would have understood and not have been angry with her, because by now nobody knows Stella and her motives better than Mac, doesn´t he? ;).
    It was kinda open-ending-thing and I wonder if we´ll see Mindy some day again.

About her not-pursuing dance-career: Didn´t Stella mention to Mindy then how they watched "The Red Shoes"- dance drama together?
    Maybe Stella was scared that a career as a dancer wouldn´t work out in the end and that´s why she rather went for a "safe" career. But I think another motivation to become a cop and then a CSI is her strong sense for justice. She might have experienced or witnessed a lot of bad things at the foster home, so that it gave her the will to always be a person to look for justice.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  10. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

One of the things I love about Stella is she does not act hysterical. She is strong and rambo-like as you guys state above. I am glad she doesn't exhibit stereotypical female rubbish like cry and over-react. As with the frankie situation, it demonstrated how tough she is.

11. Plenilunio

athens,
    I wish they exploited that connection. If only someone dared go to Mac's office right after she's gone to yell at him "GTFO, man! Go to Greece and don't bother to come back unless you bring her with you, m'kay?". Too bad only Stella has the guts to do that... well, and maybe Flack *her Fiesta side grins* :devil:

Andromeda, the first time I saw "All Access", it was when it was aired in Spain. I watched with my parents and they were as gobsmacked as I was when we found out what kind of a psycho Frankie is. If TPTB intended him to be like that from the very beginning, they did a great job concealing it. Drew's game was way more obvious. I wish they had picked someone with less of an evil face. He had "don't trust me, I'm trouble" tattooed on his forehead. So subtle...

Mari, ITA. I'm sick of bimbos who bawl when they break a nail. Stella has a soft, vulnerable side, but it is perfectly balanced with her Rambo side. She is strong and determined, but she's ceased to be a steel robot unable to feel except in front of Mac. Can you tell she's my favorite?

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hey gals!!!!!!!!!! :D

Athens said-->
    And Pleni gave us her opinion
    and finally Andromeda told--->
    I never liked him and it's precisely for what Andromeda's just said: those little signs.
    There were signs Stella should have payed attention but she didn't. Do you remember when she received flowers from Frankie? Do you remember the card? well, THAT card set all my alarms! I will try to find a pic. It was scary! The way it was written, the violence behind his words (Sorry, i can't remember very well but it said something like "WHY YOU DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE". Probably i am wrong but he used upper caps, all his caligraphy (i am not talking about if he had pretty caligraphy or not) but how he wrote that card, how he remarked any single word, how all his letters were different. I think a graphologist could explain this better. Many enterprises hire experts in caligraphy to study personalities of futures workers.
    And that single card yelled "I am going to kill her. Keep her far from me":eek: Thta's my first reason

Later he had other attitudes like when they were having sex :angryrazz:and again Frankie reacted with violence. Of course frustration in those cases is not good but he didn't react well. Or even what he said to Stella regarding imagination when they went to that party and a girl was killed with an arrow
    But my biggest reason i am Smacked and i want to puke everytime they are with somebody else on screen:guffaw:

dear Andromeda--->
    well it sounds a lot like "Annie" book and that story was set in NYC!!!!!!! But i feel you are right: i have never seen bitterness on her regarding her parents. Yes, she was sad and upset because she was part of the "system" but i have never felt she had bad feelings towards her parents. Besides there should be some way she knew she was half Italian, half Greek at some point!
    That Mac i don't know. This Mac yes! And i would like to have Mindy a lot. I like their reactions and interactions despite of they had just ONE scene and it was very minimalist (I believe simple things are sometimes the best things!). Still i wonder how Stella would react if Mindy is found and sent to jail or even possible legal consequences on Stella. Also i would like to see Mac's behaviour if that was the case. Many times Stella has saved his life and being there for him. He will be tehre for her in Greece but i want more :D

mmmmmmmm i think it could take your second option. I believe she was a whitness of something really bad and that impressed her so much it made change her life. When she showed to Mac and Flack a little of her dance in S2 it looked like someone who had very present her dance lessons ,not a sweet memory from her past childhood. So i think she was already a young and independent woman ready for becoming a dancer when she changed her fate. I just would like to know why!
    Also it would be very interesting to see her in flashbacks when she worked for the very first time with her current "lab family". Mac mentioned their very first case together was related to a vic called Tracy Davies. I would like why Mac and Stella remembered that case and why she sounded so affected

Mari--->
    Probably i am a b*th but i would like to see Stella completely broken and crying out loud just once. However i think it would be a little OOC. And thinking about it i believe crying in silence could express much better a deep pain

Athens-->
    beautiful words my dear :) There are so many layers we don't know. I just hope we have the chance to get those storylines

Pleni-->
    I am dying for something like this! I would like ALL her friends express the same concern she had for them so many times. i would like they can show their affection for her is reciprocal! (well they did showed it but i want something bigger and more dramatic. They are too sure nothing will happen to her. It would be great if they think something COULD happen to her

BTW i critisize the fireman for being a complete stupid but i got confused and i thought 23th was on this Wednesday. I discovered it's this Thrusday :D

Many hugs and take care

Debbs :)

ps: Gals i assume all of you have seen the newest spoiler pics????

If not here you have :D :D

It's gonna be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

13. Plenilunio

Deb, if only having beautiful handwriting meant you're a great person and writing chicken scratch meant you're dangerous. Sure, each and every stroke with the pen means something, but beauty has nothing to do with it. As for the use of capital letters, some people do that too, not to shout, but maybe because their low case letters are more difficult to read.

As for his reaction when they were interrupted while making love, I understand his frustration. He was left hanging! He probably had plans and even if Stella was on call, he didn't think she would be phoned right in the middle of lovemaking.

I am not saying Frankie was an angel or anything. I support Smacked too and Fiesta to a lesser extent, but above all things, I want my characters to be happy in a reasonable way. I mean, give her the fireman, I'll get pissed off and curse you till the end of time. But if you find Stella a caring, understanding, intelligent, educated, handsome man she can love, Mac or Flack will still be my first and second choice, but I'll be happy for her.

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, all :),

wow, for once Mr. Lenkov is making me happy, just read his interview: ".....we´ve got big plans with Stella...", that´s what I wanna hear- and quite probably no more fire-nit, so sorry for him :lol:.

Back to Stella´s former boyfriend-disaster: Plenilunio, I agree with you considering the handwriting on Frankie´s card, though graphologists claim, they can tell a person´s character from their handwriting, as Ghawazee already pointed out, and I think there is some truth in it, but that handwriting of Frankie was way too unspecific with its capital letters to reveal anything sinister. But I also agree with Ghawazee in terms of what he wrote down, though at that time this line "Why didn´t you pick up the phone" didn´t hint anything suspicious at all, but they were the same words he said to Stella when he was stalking her in the parking garage at her home. So this sentence was a sort of post-story hint :lol:.
    Ghawazee, you probably have got finer tuned senses to see danger where we couldn´t see any sign of it ;). Anyway, not that I liked that guy too much, but he seemed to make Stella happy.

Yeah, looks like Stella keeps her half Greek, half Italian heritage in honour, and true, someone must have told her something about her parents, that´s why she was eager to learn Greek and Italian. She has no personal memory of her parents, but obviously she was told only good things about them.
    I´d love Mindy to come back, too, for the one or other episode, maybe she could be involved in a case Stella is working on, and it would bring Stella in a big dilemma of what to do, etc., there´s a lot of stories that could be written around them.
    I wonder how many more extravaganzas of Stella Mac would tolerate after her behind-his-back actions in the Greek coin story, there might come a point where he is fed up with her actions, no matter how close they are and how much Stella has done for Mac in reverse. So even after ep. 24 we should not expect peace, love and harmony forever between the two :lol:.

Stella´s story is long not told- still so much to discover about her pre-CSI life, e.g. why she really became a cop and not a dancer, I hope, too, she will one day reveal this. I remember that dance scene from S2 and I loved it, because it was definitely a Stella and Melina moment and I wouldn´t be surprised to learn that it was Melina´s idea to add this artistic interest to Stella´s vita ;). Though Stella is more pragmatic while Melina pursued her artistic career.

Honestly, I wouldn´t want to see Stella in a situation where she´s completely broken, it was painful enough to see her breaking down in sobs after she had shot Frankie.

Athens, couldn´t agree more about your assessment of Stella´s character :).

Ghawazee, thanks for the spoiler pics :drool:.

Hugs to you all :)

15. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Okay, I probably won't get here before Thursday, so I'm going to say this now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELINA! :)

Just gotta say from the pictures, Melina's episode looks awesome. I love the dress she's wearing :luvlove: It's cool that she's getting to write an episode.

That's all I've gotta say. Bye now!

Axel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.