Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #8: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

I just watched Lost Son.... :(

Did Rory just not want to do the show anymore? Or did they decide that they needed to "hit close to home" sort of storyline?

He wanted out...not sure where the interviews are the mods pointed me to. Anyone know?

*posts a Speed-honor song she played tonight after the show* The artists aren't real well known unless you're a Due South fan but I like the lyrics for this case.

Other Side of Life-Paul Gross/David Keeley
There is no time for the innocence of rhyme
it just falls between the tired lines
but if you think that love is worth the price
I know a legend who lived beyond time
Cause never was a man so full of life
now he’s gone, he stepped into the light
and I’m going to wait and find the love on the other
The Other Side of Life
If you can see how love will set you free
you have a hunger for all the world to see
and on that day, when it’s time to say goodbye
I hope you find that one precious line
Chorus
fate has a way of keeping us in line
and out of control it’s just a fact of life
for what it’s worth I still feel you on this Earth
and in time you’ll have your rebirth

*also thinks of the Hero one by...crud who was it? that she posted on the Aiden thread in NY*

aww...'Lost Son'. I missed it the first time it aired, I wasn't quite into Miami or any of the CSI's just yet, so when I finally did see it, I knew what was coming. It didn't make it any better though, I started crying from the moment they entered the jewelry store, right through the end, and even after. :( I've only seen the episode twice, and really have no desire to see it again.

Speedslady...here's the links to the interviews that MacsGirlMel mentioned.

These are interviews Rory did with this site in which he mentions his reasons for leaving the show.

Interview #1: September 22, 2004

Interview #2: August 14, 2006

Oh...also, does anyone have any suggestions for thread titles? ;)

ThumpyG42 said:
aww...'Lost Son'. I missed it the first time it aired, I wasn't quite into Miami or any of the CSI's just yet, so when I finally did see it, I knew what was coming. It didn't make it any better though, I started crying from the moment they entered the jewelry store, right through the end, and even after. :( I've only seen the episode twice, and really have no desire to see it again.

Speedslady...here's the links to the interviews that MacsGirlMel mentioned.

These are interviews Rory did with this site in which he mentions his reasons for leaving the show.

Interview #1: September 22, 2004

Interview #2: August 14, 2006

Oh...also, does anyone have any suggestions for thread titles? ;)

I cried all through the episode. Some people are meant to work tv series and others aren't, I totally get that. I know it's a lot more work than mini-series or even movies.

I miss Speed, I just love that adorable smile. And those beautiful brown eyes.

The first time I saw it, I knew what was coming aswell, so as soon as the Miami music started before the epsiode actually started I started crying...no, I'm not ashamed to admit it...it was so sad...my mum came home just as it finsihed and said "Oh...is he dead? Awww, poor Carly" and I was just sitting there...
I still have the episode on video somewhere, but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. I may watch the commentary if I get the season 3 DVD, but I doubt it. Though the episode doesn't make me cry anymore, I jsut makes me yell "FREAKIN' ANN DONAHUE!" or just shake my head saying 'tsk tsk tsk'

ThumpyJen, the only thread titles I remember being mentioned were
'Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Protection Society' and
'Speed/Rory #14: I SO Wanna Be Snickelfritz" :lol:
(btw, neither of these are my suggestions, but they're the only ones I remember)

Oh! that reminds me, for Christmas, one of my friends is getting me this really cool, squishy pillow thing, and knowing them, they're going to make me name it (don't ask...I don't even know why) and thye asked me what, and I just said "Oh, I have some ideas" and they said "Does it have something to do with Speed?" and I said "No...well, sort of I guess" and I'm just going to let them stew...not that they'll get it anyway...

In case anyone was wondering, I'm gonna name it Snickelfritz :D...I just saw that name and I couldn't resist...I found it so hilarious...I think when I see Harts War, when the kitty first comes into screen, I'll probably scream out "SNICKELFRITZ!" and then no-one will ever talk to me again ;) or at least while the movie is on :p

It really is amazing how attached we get to these characters.

If anyone in my family came back to see me crying they would have shook their heads and said to get a life. LOL

Oh...also, does anyone have any suggestions for thread titles?
'Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Protection Society' and
'Speed/Rory #14: I SO Wanna Be Snickelfritz"
I like both of those ones, and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Oh, and Jen, congrats on the orange :D

Interesting, even Rory thought Speed's exit was kinda lame. I agree they could've been more creative. Too bad they don't give the actors much say about that kind of thing.

What's snickelfritz? BTW I like that first one,the Speedism one)

If you've ever seen Hart's War, Snickelfritz is the name that Geni (Speed_cochrane) gave to the cat that Rory's character is always cuddling with. We're all jealous of that cat, hence wanting to be Snicelfritz.

whoops, my bad...I believe that the first one was actually supposed to be:
'Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society'...

And I seriosuly cannot wait to see Harts War...hehe, Snickelfritz...that still cracks me up :lol:

i always thought it was lame how they killed him off to. i mean its fricken miami, he could have been eaten by a gator and then blown up in a mine in the middle of a swamp or some crap.
and as for thread names go i like 'Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society'

*i had it as protection society too ha and i had soem extra words in there for no apparent reason

It was a rubbish way to write him out, he wasnt even shot by someone who was part of the story line!!!
Just got my copy of Harts War from Amazon today, looking forward to seeing Snickelfritz
I like the thread name 'Speed/Rory #14: Speedism Preservation Society'

Oh ok, thanks :)

I like the corrected thread name even better :)

*nods* at least NY was a little creative with Aiden and firing then the car fire...we've seen Speed-type deaths way too often on cop shows.

exactly, but you know i'm partial to not liking anything when it has to do with killing a character rory is playing ha. but they could have just did way more with it than they did. especially since we had already seen the whole 'ohh tim doesn't clean his gun' bit before.

i ,liked how they dealt with aidens death too, she actually left still keeping her dignity in tact.

That was a whole nother can of worms on the NY forum but I won't bring it up here, this is Miami.

I wondered briefly if they could've done something like having him injured too badly to come back. IF they could avoid the old soap plot device of "put 'em on ice unitl who knows how long"...guess it'd be tricky though.

How would any of you have written him out if you'd been in charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back