Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

:D Welcome to thread #8 my fellow Speed freaks!

A big thanks to Carlz31 for our new thread title, for those who may not yet know the 'Substance D' part is taken from Rory's movie, 'A Scanner Darkly'.

Also, here's the link to thread #7, 'Speed Is The Name Of The Game'

And now...the Thread Opening Pic...taken from 'Golden Parachute'.

Please take all appropriate precautions to avoid injury from fainting and whatnot before continuing.

[​IMG]

Happy Posting guys! :D

(edited by mod to the change thread number)

2. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

Re: Speed/Rory #8: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Spe

*faints*

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Speed/Rory #8: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed?'

Ah yes, the 'Substance D' title. How could I forget? :D *loves new title* Thanks Carly!

Excellent thread opener pic Jen :) Hee, the layered shirt is always a great way to start a thread. :devil:

It's still a shame he didn't wear very many. Actually, I think he only wore it once and that was 'Golden Parachute'. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that. :p

*picks up Lyn off the floor*

4. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

A layered shirt is a great way to start just about anything, in my book :devil: But speed_cochrane, surely you should be complaining that he wore too many shirts? In general. Mainly wearing shirts. Needs to do that less.

5. Finch

Too many shirts? Oh I don't know. I kind of like him fully clothed. But every now and then... :devil:

*cough*

So as we were discussing earlier, we were going to reccomend and review Rory movies. Or 'Featured Rory Movie'. As Jen stated earlier, it would be a good idea to firstly list the Rory movies we've seen, and then pick the one almost everyone has seen as our first 'featured' film.

Hopefully this will tempt people who haven't seen said movie into renting or buying it. - Keeping spoilers out of the discussions of course. ;) It would also get a great discussion going on Rory's talents, and what we'd like to see for his future roles.

That being said, if most of us like the idea, we can start fairly soon. :D

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I've only seen one of Rory's movies, which is 'Empire Records'. I love that film and Lucas. :D I may not be able to contribute very much to discussion regarding his other roles, but I can at least bring a favourite Miami pic for the new thread. :)

[​IMG]

7. Finch

Ooh, that's an excellent picture Lucy :D He's very stubbly in that one. *gasp* And he's wearing a lab coat. Thanks for the picture. :) (I always love it when you post pictures. Hee)

Oh well, even if you can't contribute too much, you can still read what we all thought of his various roles and then go out there and get some of the movies. :D (Not trying to push you or anything :p :lol: )

8. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

WOW a new thread again!!! well here are a few pics to start us off. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

YAY new thread! *dances*

Jen!!!! , thanks for that warning. That pic was just...awesome!

I'll post my thread warming pic soon!

And no worries Lucy! I've only seen....3 of Rory's movies. Speaking of...I kinda wanna watch The Prime Gig...."Whoa hamburger helper" And that little dance scene. Be still my heart! He's so cute!

Oh wait no i've seen 4. I forget Hart's War. Geesh, what kind of Rory fan am I!? How could I forget Rory and the little kitty? I was sooo jealous of that cat. Got to snuggle with Rory.

10. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Re: Speed/Rory #8: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

Yay! new thread *dances* I'm loving the thread warming pics, though I can't post mine just yet because I'm still at school, so I'll post it when I get home :)

and I'm loving the thread title too :lol: and thankyou all for your kind words :)

don't worry Lucy, I've only seen 3 and a half of Rorys movies, so I'll only be able to participate in the discussion for the movies that I've seen, but it will be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks about them...

though I'm a little disappointed because I was going to see A Scanner Darkly the day it came out which is when my exams were supposed to finish, but I found out that my exams finish one day earlier and I have to go to school for the final two days...but I should be bale to go see it the night it comes out, if I'm allowed of course ;)

11. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

12. Finch

I guess I'm pretty fortunate that I've seen seven or eight of his movies. However, I'm still trying to track down a few more that seem to be MIA from Blockbuster. ;)

Carly, I'm sure you'll get to see it eventually. It's really worth waiting for though. :)

calleighspeedle, thanks for posting that wallpaper. :D *Ahem, snags* I am really looking forward to this film. I don't think I've been this excited about any other movie that Rory has been a part of.

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

When I see the movie (which is in 2 weeks time) I will let you know how good it is.

I also like your Icon from "Lost Son".

14. Finch

Thanks, Lost2MuchSpeed made it. :)

I'm especially excited to read your review of the movie. Now, don't go ahead and forget any details (non-spoilerish of course) whilst watching Rory on the big screen. :lol: And try not to pass out on us because of the hotness and wake up when the end credits start rolling. :p

All joking aside, if you want to get into details about the movie after you see it, feel free to PM me about it. :D

15. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Congrats on the new thread!! :D

As for what Rory movies I've seen...actually, it'd be quicker to list the ones I haven't seen ;) I've seen them all except:
    Right At Your Door
    A Scanner Darkly (but I plan on going tomorrow- yay!! :D)
    The Adventures of Sebastian Cole
    Dogtown
    Fathers & Sons

...and I guess, A Kiss Before Dying, even though he's only in it for a split second :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.