Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

Thanks for the picture calleighspeedle. :) - Perhaps you could tell us a bit about Rory's acting in the movie? I'd like to know how he did with the material. That is if you wouldn't mind? :D (Leaving out spoilers, of course. :p)

^ Ashley, I know what you mean. He wasn't the largest character or the most important one, but he was an intregal part of the cast, even if he was only a secondary character. Plus, he gave us a great idea of what soldiers were like in that time. You know, kind of scruffy, tough, not as open-minded as people are today, etc.

And well, he's just all man. :devil:

yeah, thats what i was trying to explain, you did it way better than i did.

and i want to hear about it too when you get a chance to see it, just from reviews and stuff that i've read it looks like its going to be a really fascinating movie.

If i had the chance to be interviewed by Rory........erm i can honestly say..i think i would end up getting arrested, cos i highly doubt i would be able to contain myself from grabbing him and erm well you can guess what else would happen!

and Harts War is fantastic...just finsihed watching it about half hour ago! he looks so dirty and rough...which i do like!

and i cannot wait till the 15 Jan for Right at your door being released :) ....hmmm that and a scanner darkly are gonna be an early birthday pressies to myself i think..and on my actual birthday i am hoping for Rory to be at my front door for me!

and someone mentioned Rory and the cat in Harts war...yes i too am jealous of the cat!

here's some stills from the film for you all...
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW8.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW15.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW30.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW31.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW40.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW48.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW50.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW52.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW53.jpg
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r18/RoryHeaven/Harts%20War/HW54.jpg

also happy belated birthday Gini sorry its late.

And im up for helping with a project for Rory! :)

Rory's acting in "Right At Your Door" was a fantastic way to show off his acting abilities. He handled the nature of the movie very well considering the sensitivity of it. He played his character in a very believable and sensitive way and you could sense it through the the tragic nature of the story.

In my personal opinion it is the best thing I have seen Rory in besides CSI Miami, I hope he will pick roles similar to this in the future because he has a real talent behind him and this movie shows it.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/calleighspeedle/2_300dpi.jpg

thanks for all the pics! harts war is one of my fave rory movies, he so adorable in it. you know what i always hate tho? everytime hes about to strip down and they cut to colin farrell, that sucks.

thanks for the review of right at your door, god i can't tell you how excited i am to see it. and i love your new avatar calleighspeedle!

Thanks for the pictures SpeedDemon and calleighspeedle (and for the review too!).

I too, cannot wait for Right At Your Door to be released. From the clips that I've been able to see, it looks to be an amazing film. My only concern is how well it might do at the box office, considering, the sensitive nature of the movie.

Oh, and Ashely, I noticed that too about Hart's War. It's like come on, Mr. Director - don't you know that Rory is the next best thing after sliced bread? :devil:

After sliced bread? You put Rory after sliced bread? How dare you. :lol: Just kidding.
I really want to see Right at Your Door too. Not only is Rory in it, but it sounds like a genuinely good movie.

:lol: that made me spit out my water DragonflyDreamer

but aywhoodle i know what was that director thinking depriving us of watching rory strip his clothes off. so not right.
i agree it seems pretty interestying despite the fact it has rory, i'm just really looking forward to him doing something so dark and not what we've seen from him before.

I think it's great that Rory has done such a wide variety of characters/genres. I mean, look at Empire Records compared to Black and White or Dazed and Confused compared to Right at Your Door. And then there's A Scanner Darkly, which I don't think is comprable to anything (although, I haven't seen it, so...)
I think it just goes to show what a talented actor he is. He can handle any role. All he needs now is to play a daddy :devil:

Hmm... page 24... perhaps time to start thinking about thinking of new thread names?

That's exactly it. Rory is such a versatile actor and this movie will showcase his talents tremendously.

It's such a shame that there isn't a release date just yet. According to Lionsgate Publicity, Right at Your Door is listed as "coming soon", which is bad for someone like me who has no patience.

Big screen + Rory = Kas choking on her popcorn/purchasing tickets to multiple airings. :)

SincerelyInDenial said
My only concern is how well it might do at the box office, considering, the sensitive nature of the movie.

It's weird that some people choose to see a movie based on if it's controversial or not. I mean, at the end of the day, it's still a movie. (And I don't direct this toward you Kas, but those who won't see a movie just because it might spark some controversy)

Yeah sure, 'Right At Your Door' is about terrorism, and then the back theme of a couple reaping the effects from the lack of government preperation, but come on...If we all wanted to see something happy and fluffy, we'd watch cartoons. No doubt RAYD recieved some terrible reviews because well, it's expected. I don't listen to that garbage anymore.

Why can't they just see the movie to see the movie. :rolleyes:

I also have no doubt Rory did fantastically with that film, and hopefully we'll be seeing a more of his roles later on.

fo_poozle said
i'm just really looking forward to him doing something so dark and not what we've seen from him before.

Agreed. I'd like to see him play the bad guy for once. Maybe something creepy and twisted, like a homocidal maniac. :lol: I think he'd do really well with that. (Erm, this has nothing to do with the fact I write those Creeper Speed fics...*cough*)

DragonflyDreamer said
I think it just goes to show what a talented actor he is. He can handle any role. All he needs now is to play a daddy :devil:

He's very talented, and looking at the roles he's done, he really can play any part. It's amazing, and actors like that don't come along very often. I have to give the guy kudos for leaving CSI:Miami. He wasn't happy, and he started to not care whether he was doing a good job or not. (As said in the first interview he did with CSIFiles) I think if that happens, leaving the environment he was in is the best thing to do, not only for his career, but for his own personal satisfaction. - If he wants to be an Independant Film actor, great! If he wants to go back to TV, excellent! Ultimately he's making his own choices, and he's doing a great job.

...And I want him to play a daddy. :lol: (And well, okay I still want him back on CSIM... But that's just me. :p)

This is the 925th post I see, so I suppose it would be alright to start thinking of a new thread name soon. :)

The one I really liked from a while ago, which was suggested was:

'The Speedism Preservation Society'

That was basically in reference to Speed's witty lines and sarcastic comments. Hee.

SincerelyInDenial said
Right at Your Door is listed as "coming soon", which is bad for someone like me who has no patience.

:lol: I feel your pain, I really do. I can barely wait for anything nowadays, so this is really working it's way on my patience. *sigh* I'll sleep better at night knowing that I'll eventually see it though.

speed_cochrane said:
...And I want him to play a daddy. :lol: (And well, okay I still want him back on CSIM... But that's just me. :p)
Actually, I don't think it is just you. I mean, there weren't 5 threads of Speed therapy for nothing! Oh man, if Speed came back to CSIM, I'd never say a bad word about the show again. Unless they kill him again. Cause that would just tick me right off :lol:

Too bad they can't pull a Highlander and just say he's an immortal lol.(if anyone wants me to elaborate on that in PM, let me know lol)

Lost Son is airing tomorrow on A and E...I think it's the second ep, 8eastern? Anyway, I'm anxious to see it.

I try to avoid lost son most of the time. Although, I do find myself watching it sometimes. I dont' get A&E though, so it's not an issure for me. But thanks for letting us know :)
He may not be an immortal, but he could either be in witness protction, or working undercover. There are so many possibilities :D

aww lost son makes me sad i always cry when i watch it. and its also the reason i don't own season 3 of miami, i just can't take the pain of no speed :(
if he came back to csim even just for like a second, that would totally make my year, or the week atleast ha. but i agree with you guys i think its very admirable that he took the chance of stepping away from something so successful because he personally wasn't feeling challenged enough. it takes a lot of guts to do something like that, and the fact thats he didn't just choose to stay with it because it was a job and one of the most watched shows on tv shows some great parts of his character.

if he played a homicidal maniac that would be the coolest thing next to him playing a dad. i think he would do so well in a psychological thriller, you know something not so gory but all mental. those are the best kinda scary movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back