Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D, When We Have Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speed/Rory #13: 'Who Needs Substance D When We Have Spe

happy birthday!!

ahh i love the line too. and i just thought it was the cutest thing at the begining of the ep when he walks in the bathroom and he avoids looking at the little girl. that was just aww worthy.

I agree that "Broken" was a great episode. And Ashley I think Rory definitely is worthy of an aww in the scene with the little girl - which is why he really needs to do something that involves him as a daddy holding a baby. Or holding a cat again. *waits for her Hart's War dvd*

Many,many wonderful birthday wishes to you, Geni! Have a great one!:D

ETA: My Hart's War dvd came - coincidence? I think not. Too bad I broke a nail trying to open it though. Ouch - but it's for Rory and the kitty. So it's worth it. *goes to watch movie*

Ah man, now I know how you guys over there on the other side of the world feel...A Scanner Darkly was limited release and didn't come out in the cinema near my house :( I was planning to see it yesterday, but now I'll have to wait. Though one of the cinemas it came out in is one that my mum always goes to shop, so I might be able to go with her...

If not, I'll just wait for the DVD ;)

i know! rory as a daddy would be the most adorable thing ever. we should really jot all this down and send it to his agent, you think they'd listen ha

and Geni i hope you don't mind that i went and made you a rory centric birthday story, so here it goes and happy bithday again!

rory:so, you know today is geni's birthday. i'm having some trouble figuring out what to get her. you have any ideas
khandi:what kinds of things does she like?
rory: well, besides me i don't really know.
rory: *opens energy drink* this could be a strenuous day i best prepare myself
david:*does typical sunglasses turn to the side hip thingy* i bet......she....would really enjoy......something.....floral.
rory: *thinking* god i hate when he does that.
rory:what do you think joe. your the man. tell me what to do
joe: you could give her your kitten. girls love kittens man.
adam: thats a good idea man, i read on your thread they all love your cat. it would be perfect.rory: *stares* you both want me to give her my cat? we've already bonded i can't just go giving away my cat all willy nilly
rory: *walks aways to 'the only want me for my pimp juice'*
rory: you see that girl over there *points* its her birthday and i'm in a jam. any idea on what to get her?
dude in pic: do you know who you are? you're rory cochrane...i love you man
rory:*awkward grin*
rory:*goes to talkcsi and the speed/rory thread* interesting...me in a movie with a baby? could work.
rory* thinking* all these ladies chained to me and feeding me. rory like.
rory:chocolates are good. all ladies love chocolates. do you think i can buy these from you?
lady: no...they aren't for sale
rory:*takes chocolates and runs* GO REX! get in teh car before she catches up.
david:here rory..... you can use this ....to wrap your.. *puts on shades* ... gift.
rory:thats ok caruso, i got it all figured out already.
rory: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i hope you enjoy your day, and your special 'made by rory' dinner
....and dessert :devil:

*falls over* Oh my. fo_poozle, that was too funny :lol: Man, I can't wait for my birthday :p
I especially like this line:
dude in pic: do you know who you are? you're rory cochrane...i love you man

and just so you know, this link: rory: *thinking* god i hate when he does that. doesn't work. You've got http// in there twice.

:lol: Ashley that was hilarious! I especially loved the 'desert' pic. :devil: :lol: Thanks!

And Kas, thanks for the pic, and everyone else for the birthday wishes. :)

Also, congrats on getting Harts War, Kas! It's a great movie, so I hope you enjoy your copy. :)

your very welcome :D
and thanks for the heads up i fixed the link i can be such a babaganoosh sometimes :p

and harts war is such a great movie, even if rory wasn't in it it would still be good. plus now you can enjoy the rory kitty time

fo_poozle...I love your avatar! ;)

Happy Birthday again, Geni! :D

Kas...we look forward to hearing your thoughts on Hart's War. :D

I come bearing a review for Hart's War! :D Ok, so I ended up watching it twice because that was some movie (And also because I kept getting interrupted towards the end of the movie)!

and harts war is such a great movie, even if rory wasn't in it it would still be good.

Ashley you make a good point and I would have to agree with you. First off the actors all did an incredible job with the characters they were given and they accurately portrayed a lot of the major themes that were centric in the film (I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it).

The plot had everything and more than I expected. I was literally on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the next scene.

Now...onto Rory. He's such an incredible and talented actor. I think he did a superb job in this movie. All of his projects/roles are different and you can tell that not only does he take a unique approach to all of them but brings each character to justice. Plus, how adorable was he with the cat? I've never once in my life been jealous of a feline until now.

Ok, so this was long enough, haha. :lol: My final point would be that when I finished watching the movie, I looked it up and was surprised by the negative reviews. I would definitely recommend this movie, even if it was only for Rory and the kitty. :D

Welcome to the realm of being jealous of a cat. Odd sort of place, isn't it? :lol:
Glad you enjoyed the movie, but was there ever really any doubt?

Thanks! I think I'll find myself comfortable along the company of other people who are jealous of a cat too. And no, I had no doubt I'd enjoy the movie...I'm just really surprised that I did more than I would've originally thought.

I think it's very interesting that most movies that have Rory in them, get very negatively critiqued by critics. Examples would be 'Love and a .45', 'Hart's War', 'A Scanner Darkly', 'Black and White'. But I thought all of these movies deserved a lot of praise for what it's worth.

I know we have that saying 'to each his own' but unlike critics, I go see a movie to just watch it. I don't judge a movie before it's shown to me. Sure, I've seen a lot of movies that deserved to be burried until kilos of rock, but I can still find something that made the movie worth watching. *sigh* Ah well, best not to dwell on it. :p

As for Hart's War, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie Sincerely. :) I also enjoyed it, and there was so much that the actors and writers should be proud of. The acting is just terrific in this movie, and as you said, it accurately portrays events. (WW2, POW camps, etc)

I actually thought Rory had a terribly small role in the movie (since it's a box office movie) and it turns out, he has a pretty big part to play. He might be a secondary character, but you always see him in a lot of the scenes, and he really gives that feeling of a rough and tough 'soldier'. :D

I honestly cannot wait for that movie to come out in the States. Thanks for the information though calleighspeedle; it looks great and the plot behind it is very interesting considering the time we live in.

Geni, I'd have to agree with you that Rory definitely was a major secondary character. He succeeded as a mighty tough soldier - and he wasn't too bad on the eyes either. :devil:

I got my copy off Half.com for $5.00 and it was the best five bucks I've ever spent. :D

oh i can not wait for that to come out here either. that movie is going to be so good.
and thanks for the pic calleighspeedle

and i completely agree with you Geni about the reviews, i think that all the time when i go see movies, i just think the critics are bitter and just like to be mean sometimes ha. but honestly i don't really understand why harts war was so negatively approached i love that movie i could (and have) watched it a million times. and i really liked the fact that rory wasn't necassarily a big part of the movie but he was a big part of the what the sense of the camp was, of that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back