Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
just reading the spoilers here and i having a heart attack. is this going to happen. catherine raped (i nearly in tears with these spoilers) i know margs real life hubby was due to make an appearence again so he could have something to do catherine druging. and greg my greggy. i really hope nothing bad happens. as for nick. i think if this catherine thing happens he will feel guilty for leaving her. i also see catherine will confide in sara about this which i think will be a development for both characters as they have had their troubles in the past. :eek:

lilbug said:
Wow, i find all these spoilers quite amusing well almost. I do not find Catherine's maybe rape amusing. What are the writers doing? I could be wrong but for some reason I sense a downward spiral for CSI. And it's not because of the GSR scene in "Way to Go".
if the spoilers become reality...it will def be the cathdrama that makes the show jump the shark....way to go was extremely mild compared to the cath rape/lindsey kidnapping/sam death stuff......tptb need to stop reaching for a grey's feel and go back to how csi was in season 1 and 2....

drummergurll said:
lilbug said:
Wow, i find all these spoilers quite amusing well almost. I do not find Catherine's maybe rape amusing. What are the writers doing? I could be wrong but for some reason I sense a downward spiral for CSI. And it's not because of the GSR scene in "Way to Go".
if the spoilers become reality...it will def be the cathdrama that makes the show jump the shark....way to go was extremely mild compared to the cath rape/lindsey kidnapping/sam death stuff......tptb need to stop reaching for a grey's feel and go back to how csi was in season 1 and 2....
my thoughts exactly :p :p

Someone alredy said something that I totally agree:

Catherine is my favorite csi of all. I don`t want to see her misereable, I want to see her happy and chirful like we love her to be!

I think the writers are going way too far with this, but we all need to remember they are just SPOILERS. We won't know whats really going to happen until the episodes air.

Yeah.. now that I really think about it, I don't there is going to be all those things happening to Catherine. That would be completely crazy. What it sounds like to me happened, was somebody heard her interview where she said that her character was going to go thru a lot.. blah blah blah.. dramatic ending.. blah blah blah. And then they thought of everything that could go wrong with Catherine, and then told people thats what is going to happen.

My honest opinion is, either way, I don't like Catherine drama, I get very sick of it, and I think the writers realize that people could be getting sick of it and.. true, they are still going through with it, but it would be completely unreasonable for them to kidnap her child and rape, and dad dies.. just... very unlikely.

I agree with all of you, if this spoiler were to play out, it would be waaaaaaaaay too much. I think that it'll turn out that Catherine won't have been raped, although I could be wrong, because they might use it as a kind of "the moral of the story is... it can happen to anyone" kind of thing.

I'm all for character development, but I really wish it would play out in a more "find-things-out-about-their-background" kind of way. Like learning more about their families, or interests outside of work. Oh wait. I forgot, half of them don't HAVE interests outside of work.

And the thing that makes CSI special, and certain episodes REALLY memorable is not necessarily bad things happening to CSIs. Once in a while, it's a great thing when we get some sort of trauma for them, but when you do it too often, it just lessens the overall effect. Think back to some of people's favorite episodes like Rashomama and Fur and Loathing. These were interesting and unusual cases with lots of twists and turns and scenarios that you don't see everyday. Grave Danger was good like that too - it had the obvious Nick drama, but the actual case itself was very unique. This is the essence of CSI, and I really wish TPTB would remember that.

Mariel their talking about the kickoff on the S/7 two-parter- and what's going to happen with Cath and her hotel scene- but we don't really know what's going to happen till it airs- ;) hope that helps-here once again is an article that was in NEWSDAY about the beginning eppy

CLICK HERE TO READ

From Page/Post One:
but remember the only true way to know is when the ep airs. -- Always remember that spoilers are subject to changes and should only be considered as a guide to what could be happening in that episode, and not what will happen.

I read these on the Ausiello Report

Paul Guilfoyle says when the show returns, his Captain Brass will be fully recovered from his gunshot wound.

Marg says the two-part season-premiere "extravaganza" deals with a crime backstage at a Cirque du Soleil show, and "something very significant happens to my character involving me being in jeopardy and my family being in jeopardy. It starts off with George and I at a watering hole after that crime, and somebody slipping something in my beverage without me being aware of it."

Whoa.. the two-parter is episodes 1 and 2, right? Well, then I still don't get how they will be able to do the "dead people talking" storyline and also have something crazy happen to Catherine. Unless the dead people don't really show up much in the show. They just kind of pop up here and there. But.. I don't know. So, Toe Tags is supposed to be a part of Cath's dramatic two-parter?

OMG! I'm so confused now! I love the idea of giving more screentime to cath and starting the new season episodes with her, but not that way!!! The PTBs destroy her, i mean she maybe gets raped, lindsey gets kidnapped and sam will die? It's gonna be just too much to her. I don't wanna see her suffer.

I just hope that if she does suffer, either Nick or Warrick is there to give lots of hugs and emotional support and other things better reserved for the ship thread :devil:

^me too lol. a little of tye cath!drama they were talking about would have been ok, but between cath getting raped, lindsey kidnapped, sam dying, and whatever else happens, its too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back