Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
myfuturecsi said:

...the others Nick, Warrick and Greg get pushed to the sidelines except for a few bits here and there.

This is exactly right. Warrick, besides getting married, hasn't had a story arc since quitting gambling. Greg kind of had one in S5 when he went into the field and became a CSI 1. But then he was forgotten about in S6. And poor Nick - the only time he gets attention in the show, there is something bad happening to him:
1) he is molested at age nine
2) a gun was pointed at his head
3) a crazy stalker was after him
4) then he was buried alive

Why can't these boys have well wriiten story arcs just like Grissom, Sara and Catherine?

anne_wolfe said:
Why can't these boys have well wriiten story arcs just like Grissom, Sara and Catherine?

Sara didn't get a good arc until season 5. I mean, it was sorta there, but we learned the most we ever have about her in that season. Post season 3, with the exception of "Butterflied," Grissom has seemed rather empty to me story-wise. Greg apparently gets a good storyline this season, and Warrick is supposed to get that whole "gambling comes back" storyline this season... That leaves Nicky, who I'm hoping will get something.

The only character that drives me nuts story-wise is Catherine. I always feel like I know SO much more about her than anyone else, and being the second person in the credits, technically Mr. Petersen's costar, I understand giving the actress something meaty to do, but I'm just over Catherine drama.

Season 6 was surprisingly Cath light, so I figured something was coming. This just seems super heavy. I mean, she wakes up after something is slipped in her drink... she wakes up in a hotel room. She gets Sara to help her without alerting the lab (this feels like season 3 Cath all over again on this aspect). Then, her father is murdered right in front of her, and she sits there, cradling his head as he dies.... it's a lot.

I'm nervous for this season as a whole, because I am worried CSI will try to keep up with Grey's. It's unnecessary. CSI is a great show, and I've heard Grey's Anatomy is as well, but they are very different programs...

Anyways, I'm keeping an open mind until I see it, and I'm really not angry at the Cath-drama or anything. I'm just pointing out that, of all the CSI's, she's had the most character time and the biggest story arcs...

^ Ditto on the Grey's thing. TPTB seem to forget the reason that got people hooked up on CSI in the first place. If the viewers want to watch soap opera-ish stuff, they'll just watch Grey's no matter how hard CSI tries to keep up with it. I think TPTB should look for the basic elements of the show which they seem to have lost for a long time and keep CSI as unique as it used to be.

As I said, the spoilers seem too much even for me as a Cath fan. That's a lot to deal with at once and they have to be very careful if they want to make it right. I hope some of them will be edited out, though.

I miss seasons 1 and 2.

OMG - I had doubts on watching CSI after the GSR revelation but know I know I won't. I'll only check to see if there's actually a case somewhere amongst the drama and if Nicky is visible at all.

Doon't the writers know you can have character development without drama? It actually works better than rape, kidnappings andwhatnot. Bye Bye Crime Scene Investigation and hello Crappy Soap Impetus *cris*

EricaSJ said:
I miss seasons 1 and 2.
I'm lucky, there are season 1 reruns in Hungary :)

Back to the spoilers, they really can't do it to Catherine. It would be pretty a lot. 1. She might get raped - which the worst thing could happen. 2. Sam might die - which cannot change for the better 3. Lindsey gets kidnapped - which could have a good ending. But the PTB is planning to put it into the first 3 episodes? That's impossible, it would be too much for the whole season, too :rolleyes: I'm glad they want to give more screen time to her, but please, not on this price! :( I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's just a nightmare, just like GSR :devil:

And hey, what about GSR? I don't think Sara will get pregnant, that's a stupid idea. TPTB gotta be careful with GSR, because Billy Petersen may leave by season 8.

And we're promised Yobling. This is the thing I don't believe the most. I don't want it to be like on season 5 or 6. I'm refering to that we got a bit Yobling on 5x02 - that was a real yobang. Then just soft flirty scenes. 6x01 - the heart-smothering confession from Catherine. Then nothing. I don't want it on season 7. Maybe all the bad things Catherine'll suffer from in the beginning of the 7th season will be the catalyst between her and Warrick. We will see, people, but Way to Go tought me not to believe spoilers too strongly.

Alyssa said:
anne_wolfe said:

The only character that drives me nuts story-wise is Catherine. I always feel like I know SO much more about her than anyone else, and being the second person in the credits, technically Mr. Petersen's costar, I understand giving the actress something meaty to do, but I'm just over Catherine drama.

I'm with 100 per cent on that one! I am over, over, over Catherine drama and really, really want to see more from Warrick, Nick and Greg, especially Nick.

Now I heard a rumour that George Eads had something to do with the muted post-traumatic burial storyline, but I hope he realizes that some of us want to see some residual effects from it. Nothing over the top mind you, but come on who here can go through something like that and not have it change you fundamentally as a human. Although he definately isn't the same happy-go-lucky fellow from Season One, his keeping it together is still a little unreal. 'Daddy's Little Girl' was a major cop out, it was not even the A storyine! Some fan fiction writers did a much better job with that story then did the TPTB.

Anyways, I'm just tired of the same Catherine drama because it's been done, and done, and done over and over again. Yes she is the co-star, but c'mon folks. It's called sharing!!!

coolcatz said:
after the finale i swear i don't see how people can complain this is too soapish.
LOL! :D I totally agree! After the writers showed the soap-ish Way to Go they got lots of positive feedback (well that's what the writers and execs said). So I think those feedbacks were the ones that prompted them to go into the soap opera route a bit further in season 7. :rolleyes: But I am sure that I wasn't one of those who sent TPTB positive feedback..

Re: About Nick getting to blame himself: I don't think he will blame himself.. yet. The spoilers say that Cath asks Sara keep the incident to themselves. So unless Sara tells on Cath/something goes terribly wrong, Nick or anyone else in the lab, won't know.

Ok to go back on topic:
Another spoiler about the two-parter episode is that it will delve a bit into Grissom's psyche, we will know a bit about why he ended up doing what he did in Season 6.

GRISSOM: If you want to analyze me, don't chisel. Just do it. Who am I, Doctor Parker?
DR. DEITRICH PARKER: Who do you think you are? Im just kidding. I'll tell you... You're Socratic by nature. A born teacher. You taught at Michigan, Berkeley, University of Queensland, Australia, which took you on a bug specimen collecting tour of south Asia. You arrived in Vegas about fourteen years ago. As you were working your way up to supervisor, you published two papers a year in various journals. You became supervisor eight years ago and you've only lost one employee since then. Here's what you haven't done. In ten years you haven't published a paper. You haven't traveled...And your students are now teachers in their own right. (beat) What are you doing? (beat) The answer is not much. You've gotten complacent. And you know what happens when curious minds go complacent? They get bored. Adult bored minds do one of a few things. You chose to have an affair with someone in your lab. (Grissom shifts) Maybe it's love, maybe it's not. I'm not judging that. But boredom was its catalyst. (hits like a slap) Thus the deliciousness of keeping it a secret. Titilation. I only know because you refuse to make eye contact with her in a crowded room of people. (then) My analysis? Unless it feeds the hungry ghost inside, you'll need more.

Hottie_Cath said:

Re: About Nick getting to blame himself: I don't think he will blame himself.. yet. The spoilers say that Cath asks Sara keep the incident to themselves. So unless Sara tells on Cath/something goes terribly wrong, Nick or anyone else in the lab, won't know.

I know that the spoilers say that Sara and Catherine don't say anything about Catherine's rape. But at some point, they are going to at least tell Brass. The women will be using the DNA lab to try and identify the rapist. If they do find out who it is, they can't just go to Brass and say "Arrest this person." They're going to have to say why this man needs to be arrested. Then it only be a matter of time before the rest of team knows what happened; that's when Nick will blame himself.

Alyssa said:

That is what I was trying to say. We seem to know more about some characters than we do about others. I'm very happy that Greg is finally getting some major story time, but what about Warrick and Nick? Is Warrick's gambling problem going to be a large part of this season or is it just going to get mentioned once?

Okay, now I have to give in my two cents to the spoilers and TPTB.
First, I want to say that I love all charaters and the spoilers about Cath and Nick dancing together are great and I can't wait to see this scene, but I hate the Cath!drama and I'm kinda glad that Sam Brown will die, because that saves us other boring storylines with him and Cath in the future. Sorry, to all of you who like him, but I'm tired of all the Sam and Cath drama. :mad:
I understand that Cath also needs some stories, but why can't give TPTB her something interesting which is also case related, like the episodes Gum Drops with Nick or Nesting Dolls with Sara. I really liked these episodes because of the emotions the actors could show and it was still CSI and not like in Catherine's case CSI:The Weeping Willows show . I think that was one of the worst episode I have seen.
Please, Cath shouldn't always be the one who gets these crazy guys who try to kill her, it's a little boring!

I'm happy that finally Warrick and Greg get some storylines, but what will they do with Nicky this season?
I know that he had a lot of screentime last season, but what did we get in this screentime? Right, Nothing!
Hello, TPTB did you forget Nick's kidnapping and that this experience could be a little traumatic to someone who got buried alive and left to die? :mad:
This whole not-dealing with the Grave Danger storyline makes me so angry, that I'm not even angry anymore about the GSR thing. But this can change very fast. :lol:

^ I don't know, the last time Sam showed up (KKBB), it wasn't Cath!Drama at all. In fact, it became a part of a really great episode. I think if TPTB handle it well, Cath/Sam can be a great storyline since Sam kind of represents the dark side of Las Vegas. If they kill Sam off, I'm afraid it will just bring more drama because obviously Cath will have to deal with the aftermath following his death. I don't know about other Cath fans, but I don't think I'll like that because hello, I want to see her happy, not miserable. Non Cath fans aren't going to like it, either, because other characters probably won't get their deserved screentime.

I love Gum Drops, but I strongly dislike Nesting Dolls. I pretty much hate it when TPTB try to reveal the backgrounds of the CSIs through conflicts between colleagues like what happened in that episode. But that's just me. *shrugs*

Now don't ever mention the Grave Danger thing. :lol: I was quite upset after watching Daddy's Little Girl and started to wonder what George had done to make TPTB treat Nick like that. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, though. TPTB promised Nick ang Greg storylines in season 7, so we can start look forward to them. Oh I forgot TPTB aren't so trustworthy nowadays. :D

I think I just don't like Sam Browm, I tried to like him but it didn't work. It's the same thing with Horatio Cane, I hate him, but that's another thing. :lol:
What I mean with the Cath!drama, is that TPTB always put Sam or Lindsey in the storyline and I can't understand that. It looks like that they have no idea what else to do with her. The same thing with Nick; he was molested, he had this crazy Stalker and then he got kidnapped. This were all great opportunities for some character development, but TPTB decided to act like nothing had happened. :(

Oh yeah, the Grave danger thing , I left a nice comment in the CBS feedback form and ask them if the writers hate Nick, because they try to forget everything which happened to him. :D
About TPTB and promises,... mmmh I don't know, I would really like to believe them, but it's very hard. I mean the last season shows us that they have no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am kind of burned out on the Cath drama myself, but that is the essence of drama--putting people in stressful or dangeorus situations that test their mettle or resilience, so I am in the wait and see camp. Let Marg do her thing and see how they play it out. Really glad to see Greg might be getting an actual storyline, and as for Nicky?
I really hope they give him something good this year, cause frankly I developed PTSD worse than his from watching the writers del with his Grave Danger storyline! :D

Right now, I'm very torn about the spoilers. On one hand, I really hope Greg, Nick and Warrick to have more screen time. But on the other hand, TPTB has promised the fans things in the past and didn't deliver.

Hey all!

Since I'm a newbie in this thread, I don't really follow. Could someone please tell me about the spoilers you are talking about at the moment? Thanks in advance.

Wow, i find all these spoilers quite amusing well almost. I do not find Catherine's maybe rape amusing. What are the writers doing? I could be wrong but for some reason I sense a downward spiral for CSI. And it's not because of the GSR scene in "Way to Go".

Since Grey's Anatomy is going against CSI then i agree the writer's should have good storylines. That doesn't mean making the show personal to the max. I see all this stuff about Catherine drama is making me leary. What CSI needs is good strong cases and a hint of their personal lives. A good example is 'Gum Drops'. It had a great intriguing case and it had nice personal background too. The upcoming Premiere sounds okay but just a little too much drama in my opinion. And btw are the premiere spoilers about Catherine in the same case as 'Toe Tags'?

yeah i'm ranting and rumbling, sorry if it doesn't make sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back