Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Funny. I was thinking D.B. Woodside from "24."

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I even thought of Del Boy from Only Fools And Horses

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Didn't he play the principal on Buffy? The one that Faith eventually got involved with?

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

He hijacked a plane between Portland and Seattle and parachuted out the back with $200,000 in cash (ransom) back in 1971. They've found some of the cash on the shores of some lake (don't remember the name) but to this day they've never found him or his remains.

I got hooked on that sort of stuff when I was a kid. They even made a movie about it. :)

Susan

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

DB Cooper was the first person I thought of too! No body but they may have found some of the missing money recently. Buried in a nap sack.

6. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Great name :D The CBS Press website says Morgan is a "Los Angeles exile", it would make sense for the LAPD to force her to resign following the Haskell Scandal (even though she didn't do anything wrong, but, it does say she can't play politic) and Ecklie to give her a job with the LVPD.

It looks like Catherine is really being demoted, rather than co-supervising, I was really hoping she remained in charge of her team until she left towards the end of the season.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, okay. Was he the one they were talking about in that movie with Matt Lilliard from Scream (I think he was in that one)? They were looking for some kind of treasure and I think there was something about parachuting. I knew nothing about that case until that movie and then my dad told me that was a real story.

There's still a small chance that she decides to step down on her own. I'm hoping for that over her being demoted.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Back up the train here....

First off, I thought Ted's character was from Portland, not Seattle. Two very different cities with different crime labs. And what's with making him a Northwest cliche with the hippie parents? FYI CSI writers, not everyone in the Northwest are vegan hippies. Just sayin'!

I'm waiting for the coffee, weather and traffic jokes to roll from him every time he opens his mouth. I can see his first line being, "doesn't anyone know how to make a good cup of coffee in Vegas?" or something to that effect. :rolleyes:

Second, and most upsetting, what's with the former supervisor status? I'm hoping Catherine steps down so she doesn't drag everyone else with her into the IAB mess that's gonna happen. She and Brass are going to get into it that's for sure.
    I do hope the give a damn good explanation as to why she is the former supervisor!

Anyone else notice the premiere date: October 6th. I thought CSI Premiered September 29th? or is that another mistake? :confused:

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

The series premiered October 6, 2000...

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

They probably switched cities so people won't expect a Wendy reference. Everyone, even Liz Vassey on Twitter, mentioned that Wendy would've worked with Danson's character.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I thought of D.B. Sweeney the actor when they mentioned his name.

It is interesting, that description of the team. Now I just saw they need a new cast group photo for this year. New night, new cast members, need new photo.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Hmmmm....not crazy about "DB" as a name either, and of course I first thought of dead body. Maybe that's his nickname tho....like he has a reputation for finding DBs everywhere he goes or something, so they call him DB. :lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

Ooh, like Booth calls Brennan "Bones"? That would be interesting.

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yep, the first thing I thought of was the actor D.B. Sweeny, but I also remember the old movie called The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper :lol:
    Since that came out in 1981, I guess I'm showing my age also. :alienblush:

I'm totally willing to give Ted a chance, because even though I was a fan of Cheers (the original Shelly Long days), I know he can play a dramatic role as well. It kind of makes me curious to watch Damages. I can totally see him as the stoner in the other show though :lol:

As for Cath being called the former Supervisor, I hope they make it where she's just sick and tired of being in charge and playing the political game, and would rather go back to the *way things were*, thus choosing to be just a CSI.

This still makes me unsure of where that leaves Nick though, since there was no mention of him as the current or former Asst. Sup. in that summary. :(

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Ugh, I'm not at all happy about former supervisor Catherine, but if it leads to some good old angsty, irritable, hardheaded Catherine, then I suppose I'm a little teensy optimistic. I can see her butting heads with DB and Brass, leading to constant frustration and her eventually leaving.

I blame Ray for this. If it wasn't for his stupidity, then things would be like they were. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.