Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

It makes sense, but I don't think that Marg wants to do/has any other projects at the moment. According to IMDB, the only project other than CSI that she has lately is Conan: Red Nails, and that is in post-production. I know last year was rough on her cause of personal problems, but it seems she is getting settled, so hopefully she'll have a role fitting for the female lead of the show and not get shoved behind Langston, GSR, and Lord only knows what else.

2. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

Don't forget guys, a lot of these spoilers might actually be true, but could end up getting cut in post production and editing. It happens a lot, so even if we don't end up seeing it on screen, doesn't mean it was not in the script.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

According to TV Critic, Nina Tassler stated that George's back played a role in ratings decline:

George's Back

Now I have a problem with that claim because George didn't tell anyone about his back problems till almost the end of the season, so I can't see that being a problem. He kept it to himself, even Robert David Hall said as much, so I don't know why they are bringing up George's back problems unless they are eluding to his lack of screentime.

For the record, George didn't want anyone to know about his back problems. He was very quiet about it until the pain got to be too much, then he opened up to TPTB.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm reading that little tidbit as meaning that because of his back issues they couldn't do some of the episodes with him that they had planned to do (maybe the "Stokes on Duty" episodes?). Maybe that's why we ended up with some not so interesting episodes....last minute re-writes? And those episodes weren't well received, resulting in a ratings decline.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

And George has brought some good ratings for the show such as Gum Drops, Grave Danger, Turn, Turn, Turn (yeah I know Taylor was in it)-but Gum Drops and Grave Danger were some of the highest rated shows-he's very popular:thumbsup:

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just read in the news section that Catherine gives Nick a well-deserved promotion (finally!!).

And here's the giant atomic bomb I've been dreading: we learn that Sara and Grissom are finally married! ARGH!! Too much GSR overload! We won't be seeing them both on screen come the start of Season 10 but still, GSR will overshadow everything else. This really disappoints me big time!

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

More then likely he did indeed want to keep his personal problems to himself, and I can't really blame him for that. But perhaps by keeping the issue of severe back troubles hush hush until it literally effected his work was more so meant keeping it on the down low from the media more so then from the producers and his co-workers.

Now that is just a thought!

Obviously a healthier George Eads this season will indeed mean a more pleasant viewing experience. :p

8. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

IMHO, NT's using George's back problems as a (rather lame) excuse for GE's lack of screentime. It's not like they couldn't have found a way around it, and it's not like Marg, Eric, LLS, etc... hurt their backs too. I mean, she also said Ray's wardrobe played a role in ratings decline.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Okay what fans did they talk to that said they wanted to see him in a more authoritative role??? Obviously none of us or majority of the people I know who watch the show. I do not want to see him giving orders to the others. Sounds like they will turn me off more.

What kind of promotion can Nick get? Should be interesting.

I notice once again no mention of Greg or Eric anywhere. They send the poor guy to do promotional work (Monacco) and yet they give him little respect otherwise. :(

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Geroge's back problems were posted her a ways back so I don't think that has anything to do with him on CSI. He's taken care of it, and all of the team are popular. Just because there are GSR fans, doesn't mean that those fans don't adore and admire the other team members. I for one do:bolian: Greggie, Nick, Brass, Doc, & the new guy Dr. Langston, he's great and the whole team accepted hm and seemed happy he was with them, + the lab rats. Icky Ecklie so coniving and great in his role, and obnoxious Hodges, also good in the role he portrays. These characters have risen to the heights of their careers with this #1 show, and they all have their own special qualities and roles on this crime drama. A fabulous ensemble forever:beer:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I noticed that you forgot to mention Catherine, an essential member to the team.

Guess you don't adore and admire them all. :rolleyes:

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

The way I'm reading Tassler's announcements is that tptb misinterpreted the backlash against Langston. Perhaps they thought that when we were saying "he's only a level 1, he shouldn't be doing what he's doing!" that we had a problem with him as a level one. Now they're going to give Ray a more 'authoritive' role...and quietly drop the newbie arc. After all, that is apparently what we fans want (Oh! and a new wardrobe as well):rolleyes: But that's just me.

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I suppose that for when/if Marg leaves the show, we'll need a new supervisor, so he'll automatically surpass Nick and Greg for the promotion. :thumbsup:

(That was sarcasm, folks, by the way)

14. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I'm really confused by all these things saying Sara and Grissom are married. Is it just a (horrible) rumour or has it 100% been confirmed?? Anyone who knows for certain and can tell me will get a virtual cookie lol!

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, if that's the case then they're in for quite a shock when after they give him a more authoritive role (and probably yet even more screentime :scream:) the ratings tank even further than they did last season. :lol: They may do okay for the five eps Sara's back, but after that it's probably gonna be :makes sounds of air going out of balloon: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.