Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaliQ

ChaliQ Victim

Sara coming back for 5 shows

How come Sara Siddle is coming back after having Grissom give up everything to be with her? Did she just abandon him in the jungles of South America or is he dead bitten by a mysterious insect that the "Bugman" never saw before? Will Grissom come back too if Sara can't save the ratings crash?

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

3. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like Nicky's gonna get like the "key" position that he actually did have back in Season 4. Does anyone remember exactly what that position entailed? I'm not sure I remember them being specific about it other than it was a promotion and it was as a key CSI....

4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Hear hear! I second that sentiment.

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

From the article: The new season will have other changes; Lauren Lee Smith has left the show, and Mendelsohn said there is no casting going on at present to replace her character (though it sounded as that could change down the road). Because the lab is understaffed, Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) will be back to work with her former colleagues for the first five episodes of the season.

The underlined tidbit caught my attention. If they didn't feel they could flesh out Riley, why would they want to bring in someone else new :confused:. Of course, it could just mean that either Sara is coming back for good later on or someone like Wendy will be given an opportunity.

Also from the article: Both Langston and Nick Stokes (George Eads) will receive promotions from lab chief Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) in the first episode of the season. "The interesting thing is, Catherine's decision to promote Nick, even though it's well deserved, is facilitated by the arrival of Sara Sidle. [Catherine then] sees the world according to Sara Sidle and realizes something about leadership and about the team.

:wtf:

6. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I'm going to be so mad if they add another person to CSI. Like it or not, the series is almost over and they should really be concentrating on characters they've already created instead of making new ones to "freshen" the series up. I really hope the "could change down the road" was simply a small rumor and won't come true in the course of the rest of the show. I agree with PraetorCorvinus and just hope it means Sara's coming back for good or one of the lab rats stepping up.

As much as I like that Sara is "helping" out the team, I don't understand why Catherine needs the little kick from Sara to promote Nick. I really hope it's just something little like a second opinion, though I don't see why they would need that. I also still don't understand why Catherine needs Sara's help at all.

7. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Maybe it's not Sara saying to Catherine, "oh you need to do such and such for the team". Maybe it's more of something she says in a round about way that gets Catherine to thinking. Maybe Sara says something to Nick like "you were always the most steadiest of all us CSI's. You're really the rock". And Catherine overhears this and decides to reward Nick for that.

I'm not saying that Catherine didn't feel that way also about Nick, but sometimes to hear someone say it out loud can spark you into action...

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Lab Chief Catherine Willows. Wouldn't that put her in Ecklie's old job and not supervisor?

Sara and Warrick were quite willing to follow Nick (Greg I got the feeling did it because the others did) in Redrum so I can understand her arrival leading him to getting promoted.

I also gotta say I love the "world according to Sara Sidle" line. :rommie:

Susan

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

So, does 'lab chief' mean 'supervisor' or 'director'? Honestly, I hope it is director. Catherine would be good at this. She has worked her way up and understands the politics. It would give her some great opportunities to fight for the lab and go toe-to-toe with the big boys. I think Catherine is at her best when she is at odds with someone.
    Plus, that would allow for Nick's promotion to supervisor and Langston to further integrate into the team with a 'take charge' attitude. Otherwise, I think we would have too many CSI's at the top.

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I just skimmed right over the lab chief part. I would think that she would be running the lab and that Nicky would be promoted to Graveyard Supervisor...

Wow that is too cool if that's the case...

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I totally didn't see the Lab Chief line (and I had it right there in my post :lol:). I wouldn't mind seeing Cath in Ecklie's old spot and Nick as supervisor. Yet, how much can a lab director do in an episode besides file papers and play politics? If she is indeed taking that spot, then maybe Marg is stepping back from the show. If she does, then that's it for me :(.

12. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Catherine is far too hands on to be relegated to just a pencil pusher for lack of better terminology. It's possible that she is lab director but not in any way that Ecklie was. It could be that she oversees everything but it also free to actively participate in investigations. I'm not sure how that would work out but anything is possible.

Unless of course Marg is looking to cut back on her schedule and wants lesser screentime. But we'll have to wait and see.....

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think she would be able to still take part in case if she is lab director. I got the feeling back in King Baby (season 5) that Ecklie didn't take part in cases just because he didn't like going to court. (Later in the season he did have a case of his own but I don't remember what ep it was)

Susan

14. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I agree with you on this. They shouldn't add anyone else to the cast (unless they plan on bringing Sofia back, and she's a cop). Make Wendy a CSI!

I don't mind Cath as the Lab director (in fact, I think that's where she belongs), as long as she's not relegated to desk work and recurring appearances.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It was in the episode 'Iced' and the body disappeared from the morgue....

As for Nick being promoted, great! I think the only thing he can be promoted to is supervisor. Remember grave had two supervisors before (Grissom & Catherine) so why not now.

As for LF's wardrobe being a ratings solution...??? CM has no clue and this would make me laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. (the fact tptb actually believe this)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.