Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I am going to scream right now! Half my "friends" are secretly talking behind my back and calling me all these hurtful things and stuff. They're saying how I'm a queer and I don't deserve to live and it's making me want to kill them! I thought these people were supposed to be my friends...not backstabbing bitches.

And the worst part is if I was straight and not bi they'd still like me. My one friend is giving me a lecture on how god is going to send me to hell and you know what...if god doesn't like me because I am bi...then so be it. Because it's something I can't change because this is who I am...and I can't change it.

And their treating me like I'm some freak. Gawd...I'm still human! And soon if they don't stop I'm gonna start being creepy...

So anybody else being treated/ was treated differently because they like the same gender by their "friends"

If they don't accept you for who you are, then they're not worth being around. Unfortunately, people are like that. If you don't want to lose them, try making them watch Saved.
Seriously though, I think one of the best movies to speak out against homophobia and stuff is Saved. I will once again quote.

Pastor Skip: Patrick, this is not a gray area.
Patrick: Dad, it's all a gray area.
Pastor Skip: THE BIBLE IS BLACK AND WHITE!

Mary: So everything that doesn't fit into some stupid idea of what you think God wants you just try to hide or fix or get rid of? It's just all too much to live up to. No one fits in one hundred percent of the time. Not even you.
Pastor Skip: I know that, Mary.
Dean: I know in my heart that Jesus still loves me.
Mary: Why would God make us all so different if he wanted us to be the same?

Mary: [voice over] I mean, really, when you think about it. What would Jesus do? I don't know. But in the meantime we'll be trying to figure it out

Don't worry Catherine Willows, if your friends don't come around I am sure you will meet new friends who aren't so close minded. And we are all here, don't forget about us :).

CatherineWillows said:
Okay, I am going to scream right now! Half my "friends" are secretly talking behind my back and calling me all these hurtful things and stuff. They're saying how I'm a queer and I don't deserve to live and it's making me want to kill them! I thought these people were supposed to be my friends...not backstabbing bitches.

And the worst part is if I was straight and not bi they'd still like me. My one friend is giving me a lecture on how god is going to send me to hell and you know what...if god doesn't like me because I am bi...then so be it. Because it's something I can't change because this is who I am...and I can't change it.

And their treating me like I'm some freak. Gawd...I'm still human! And soon if they don't stop I'm gonna start being creepy...

So anybody else being treated/ was treated differently because they like the same gender by their "friends"

God...you know when i read stories like that i just wanna scream! it just drive me crazy and this because of two reasons:

1) they told you you will go to hell cause you are gay and they treated you like youa re a freak....are they somekind of stupid? i mean if there is somebody who will go to hell, it wouldn't be you, for sure but more the person who didn't treat you right, just like them...God is love right? so why would he punish you for being gay? he made you this way, he can't definetly punish you for that....If they think he can or he should, it means that they think God isn't tolerant.... :rolleyes: but he is :) so they are wrong and you are right (please tell me it was clear lol )

2)your "friends": Now you can see how bad they are...real friends wouldn't let you down because of your sexuality, actually does it really matter if you like girls and boys? does it change you? are you different of what you were before? NO NO AND NO .....Actually i feel really sad for them, you know why? because they let go a really really good person and i think you deserve so much better than them.

What i want to tell you is that even if you are hurt by their behaviour, don't let them let you down cause you are so much better than them ;)

As for your question, i had few friends who let me down cause my best friend was gay, and few months later they came back to me but i told them i don't want them to be my friends again and that my "gay bf" was the best friend i EVER had :D

Good luck Catherine

CatherineWillows, they don't deserve to be your "friends". You're an amazing person, and you're completely human. I mean, I don't believe in God, but God loves every person on earth, and if he didn't love you, you'd be in hell now. If he hated bisexuals or gay people, he wouldn't have created them.

It's bullsh*t what your "friends" are saying. Are there any other gay people in your environment? Then go to them and be their friends. They understand what you're like, how you feel and they won't talk behind your back. Good luck, and get rid of these friends. :)

Thanks you guys for the input type thingy (I don't know what to call it) and after I told them all that they should go f*ck off and go to hell I recounted all the friends I still have. I came up with 7 :p. But well, at least they love me for who I am and don't care. And I'm also making new friends!

And well, I've already become friends with almost all the people who are gay/bi in my area (there arn't many) and that brings me to the total of my 7 friends again. But yay, I have 7 friends who love me! And many more people on here who love me for who I am :D.

Don't forget about your friends in this board. :D

And I just want to add this: God loves everyone, no exception taken. ;)

catherinewillows i'm sending you good thoughts. friends who would talk about you like that are not really friends. and i aggree with dolphin, in a sense. real friends accept you whenever, as we certainly do.

i know i havent been around for a while but hi! vacation in florida, fun stuff.

cath sara AND lh? *faints from hottness*

on notes from Real World, what is everyone's personal country's stance on gay marriage? USA (me) i'm not too sure about, i hear so many things, and there's so much bigotry where i am.

eta ;how are we on page 19 with only 700-something posts?

eta ;how are we on page 19 with only 700-something posts?

long posts guess :confused:.

From what I can tell the USA as a whole doesn't approve of gay marriage. Georgia and NY just passed a ban on gay marriage. Yeah the US sucks which is why we are all moving to Holland :lol:

I say no to homophobia. *nods* I absolutely refuse to say things like, "That's gay," or "Don't be such a homo," like practically everyone in my school says, because there's nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian or anything other than straight. I just give them a hard look and if they're reallly making me angry I'll give them a lecture.

I hosted for my school a "Silent Friday" a while ago, where if you supported gay rights, you would be silent all day. Plus you got a awesome rainbow sticker to stick on your shirt. :)

Sounds fun...count me in on moving to Holland :p.

I'm not sure whether gay marriage is legal in Canada...I don't pay attention to the news...the one time I tried to watch it I feel asleep after 10 minutes.

My grandpa says we can borrow his plane to fly there. Does anyone know how to fly a plane? :lol:

I hosted for my school a "Silent Friday" a while ago, where if you supported gay rights, you would be silent all day. Plus you got a awesome rainbow sticker to stick on your shirt.

sounds like Day of Silence, we had that about a month before school let out. I think it was nationwide but I am not sure. The school handed out black balloons but they ran out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back