Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took part in the day of silence as well, it was somthing I felt really really good about doing. And people who are Homophobic, i don't really get it, i mean everyone has feelings, why would you judge someone on that.

That being said, i am really confused right now..I mean I sort of knew i had feelings for girls but i always ignored them because where i live, and my families veiws, being gay or bi is not an option. But recently its been really hard to ignore these feelings..i have know idea what to do...one of my best friends (who is gay) she has really helped me, but I just don't know..I have this mayjor crush on this girl and i really dont know what to do. And the fact that I can't tell anyone and even if i did ever have a realationship with a girl i still couldn't tell anyone, which basically makes my mind up for me, I can't like girls..end of story...but It just doesn't feel right...so basicaly i wish I lived in a more open comunity..or family for that matter...

sorry I had to get that out..

I know a lot of people who are homophobic and I tell them how narrow minded they are all the time, but they just don't get it and I don't understand how people can't respect other peoples veiws.

CatherineWillows said:
I'm not sure whether gay marriage is legal in Canada...I don't pay attention to the news...the one time I tried to watch it I feel asleep after 10 minutes.

it sure is, every province. they passed the law a few years ago ;) not sure for how long though, not that harpers in power and the conservatives were very against it. because, well, theyre conservative. but im not sure he can take it back now that its been made a law. i heard on the radio in a national poll 68% of canadians support it, so i dont see it going away any time soon.
the gay pride parade in my city is coming up soon. last year was so much fun. when a group of protestors tried to cause some problems everyone in the crownd just started cheering louder and having more fun. and the drag queens on the floats blew kisses to the protetestors. it was great :D

eta: im really sorry to hear you feel that way Sarasgirl its sad to think there are people like that still out there. especially when they still wont accept the wishes of their own family. i dont know about being in that situation, but the only persons whos opinion should matter is your own. but i do realize its not that easy. i wonder how long it will take for this kind of crap to just go away.

SarasGirl said:
I can't like girls..end of story...but It just doesn't feel right...

sorry I had to get that out..
First of all, welcome SarasGirl to the most friendly thread on this board, ever! Hmmm *thinks* I realise now that this one may be one of the few boards that no one has ever entered to say: 'I disgree' :D Wow, that actually makes me so gay.. I mean, happy :rolleyes: :p

I'm just going to ignore the 'sorry' word ;) Don't like it, we're here to listen to each other, to vent about a very important subject in life.

Can I ask you what age you are SG? And you can't like girls? I tried to ignore it for a while when I was still looking around - deciding whether I was bi or gay or maybe even straight with some odd intentions towards girls :p But at the end I realised I was totally gay.. and admitting to that, to myself, my friends and part of my family has been the most important and best decision I've ever made; it made me even more 'myself'.. it made me feel right, like I was finally someone who I was supposed to be, I was complete in a way. However, I do live in Holland, which makes it perhaps a lot easier.

3 weeks till my date :D Gawd, I can't wait :rolleyes:

Ah, cool to hear about your date Jayne.

And I remember trying to figure it out...I actually figured it out quickly but told myself that I wasn't. Until my friend was like "stop lying to yourself, you know the way you feel, don't deny it" so after that I decided I was bi and actually accepted that I liked my one friend.

I'm over her now and have moved on to another friend...better chances though...cause she's bi...and the other friend was straight.

And I miss that friend so much (she's in Victoria in case you didn't know...but I'm pretty sure you do). I've been crying like almost every night because I miss her SO much. Without her it's been blah around here. She's the good part of my day...I just miss her. :( and well, gotta tell her I like her.

I wish you luck SarasGirl. I really do...it's hard to accept it (or it was for me), and even harder when everyone around you is against it. In the end I just gave up denying it...because I couldn't.

But well, it's your family...and not being able to tell them is going to hurt if you decide you are gay or bi.

ok here it is! you know how just before you get your period and after as well you are really confused as to who you are attracted to? welll i still am! i dont know if i like girls or guys...its confusing...i need help!

Well...for me it was one girl that I loved. I couldn't get her out of my head, my thoughts, my dreams...she was always with me somewhere. And it's when I realized that I am bi...because if I can't get her out of my head...then...

And guess what you guys?
I talked to Allie (my friend that I've been scared to tell her I liked her)...it wasn't the way I wanted to tell her but it worked. I sent her a weird speech thing of how I felt and she liked me the same way back :). I then danced around my living froom for 5 mintues. After that we talked about a serious realtionship not just friends and well...were in a serious realtionship :). Thanks everybody who helped me, because I sure wouldn't of done it if it wasn't for the advice you guys gave me :D

SarasGirl said:
That being said, i am really confused right now..I mean I sort of knew i had feelings for girls but i always ignored them because where i live, and my families veiws, being gay or bi is not an option. But recently its been really hard to ignore these feelings..i have know idea what to do...one of my best friends (who is gay) she has really helped me, but I just don't know..I have this mayjor crush on this girl and i really dont know what to do. And the fact that I can't tell anyone and even if i did ever have a realationship with a girl i still couldn't tell anyone, which basically makes my mind up for me, I can't like girls..end of story...

You have to find your true feelings. You can't hide, because it only will make you unhappy. And about your community, take one step of a time... ;)

beautifulview said:
on notes from Real World, what is everyone's personal country's stance on gay marriage?
There's gay marriage in Spain since last year,same rights than heterosexual marriage.

i just got into a relation ship with my roommate Levon CatherineWillows !!!!!!!! if any one has a problem with it i'm not listening.

welcome to sarasgirl and i hope you come here regluarly, we really are (as jayne said) a very nice and friendly bunch. hopefuly your parents will understand if and when you do decide to tell them. if they pull the "God disapproves of gays" card (i'm not sure if you are religious), remember, they are not your judge, but God is.

and on a happier note, catherinewillows i'm so glad your Allie has the same feelings for you! i'm so happy you found someone, never let her go :)

Good for you girls, Allie and Levon :D :D *throws pink confetti in air*

I'm telling my mum about my crush today.. she's acting like a teenager and wants to know.. she was almost interrogating me last evening, but I kept it all to myself and then she was like: "awww but Jayney, I want to know!!" Me: "I'm not telling!" Mum: "But there is something going on love-wise right?" Me: "Uhm.. look at the way I act!" Mum: "Well, maybe you're just pulling my leg and think it's funny to see your mum suffer like this, not knowing what is going on!" Me: "Look into my eyes, what do you see?" Mum: "Owww sparkles!" Me: "Indeed and I'll tell you tomorrow." Mum: *whining* "Awww why!!?" Me: *walks away* When it comes to affairs of the heart she's always the first who wants to know.

<rainbow confetti> We should throw a party. I brought cookies and fruit punch. Yay!
That's the way, Imperfect. Rock on. In the immortal words of Amy Lee from "My Immortal," "Don't try to fix me; I'm not broken."
I have started using the phrase "gay like Michael Jackson" to disapprove of certain aspects of life. One of which is people who use religion to try and persuade people what they're doing is wrong. If that's the way they feel, so be it, but they shouldn't try to press that on anybody else. Every human, American or Chinese or Spanish or I don't know what, was born with the right to freedom of religion, and nothing can change that. I don't give a damn what some book says, what you believe is what you believe. As the Wiccans say, "If it harm none, do what ye will." Hmm, I don't think love hurts anyone, no matter who it is you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back