Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always said that hate is such a strong word, and that I can't hate anyone -- I just strongly dislike them. But I really do hate homophobia. I mean, seriously -- what's the point? I understand the whole "we fear what we do not understand" thing, but why not become educated about what you don't understand so you no longer fear it? Ugh. It just makes me angry.

And I hate (see, it just really gets to me, I use that word a lot in connection with homophobia) people who say people choose to be gay. Why would anyone choose to go through all that? The fear, the doubt, etc. It's just not worth it if you choose it. Personally, I think it's genetic. I have three gay people in my family (possibly more, my mom doesn't really like to talk about the others and my grandma thinks it's shameful.)

Oh dear lord, you should read the conversation with my friend Brandon when I told him. Ai yi yi.

Me: oh man wanna know the most awkward thing, ever?
Me: well, not ever, but close
Brandon: sur
Me: mom: "What do you think about homosexuality?"
Me: not COMPLETELY random, but anyway
Me: me "I dunno"
Me: mom: "Have you ever thought you might be?"
Me: me: "yes"
Me: and then there was a big huge awkward silence for about 10 minutes till I turned the radio on
Brandon: hahahahahaha
Brandon: jeeze leah...wat r u becoming?
Brandon: haha
Me: ironically, when I told her, we were in a church parking lot.-shifty eyes-
Brandon: does she kno ur joking
Brandon: ?
Me: I'm not..
Brandon: !!!!!!!!!!
Me: I thought you knew that
Brandon: shut up
Me: lol
Brandon: don scare me like dis
Me: I'm seriously bi, but I thought I'd told youu
Me: <3
Brandon: shut up!
Me: lol
Me: wait.
Me: do you still think I'm joking?
Brandon: yup
Me: I'm not.
Me: for really real, I like girls
Brandon: shut up
Brandon: not funnie!
Me: I'm not trying to be funny
Me: but it cracks me up that you're like "NO WAY"
Me: I'm telling you the truth
Me: sheesh
Brandon: LIAR
Me: LMAO! I'm not lying
Brandon: prove it
Me: How, exactly?
Me: lmaoooo
Brandon: u would kno how lol
Brandon: if u were telling da truth u liar
Me: lmao!
Me: how do you prove your sexuality?
Me: okay.
Me: I think this girl in my choir class is REALLY hot. I don't remember her name
Me: that's the closest I am to trying to prove it
Me: unless you want some math proofs or something, LOL
Brandon: psh...ya right
Brandon: dats nothing
Brandon: giv me a pic of u with a girl
Me: I've never been with a girl!
Me: and I highly doubt I'd take pictures of it
Me: unless you want a picture of me and victoira.
Me: INA NON-SEXUAL SITUATION!!!!!
Me: !!
Brandon: u r not lesbian!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: I am b-i-s-e-x-u-a-l
Me: el oh el
Brandon: el eye ay are
Me: ess tee youu pee eye dee
Brandon: shut up!
Me: haha
Brandon: u r n o t l e s b i a n
Me: no I'm not
Me: I'm bisexual
Me: lmao
Brandon: lol
Brandon: u swear on ur life??
Me: I swear
Brandon: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brandon: OMG
Brandon: i still don't believe u

He took it harder than my mom did. :lol:

I've always said that hate is such a strong word, and that I can't hate anyone -- I just strongly dislike them. But I really do hate homophobia. I mean, seriously -- what's the point? I understand the whole "we fear what we do not understand" thing, but why not become educated about what you don't understand so you no longer fear it? Ugh. It just makes me angry.

And I hate (see, it just really gets to me, I use that word a lot in connection with homophobia) people who say people choose to be gay. Why would anyone choose to go through all that? The fear, the doubt, etc. It's just not worth it if you choose it. Personally, I think it's genetic. I have three gay people in my family (possibly more, my mom doesn't really like to talk about the others and my grandma thinks it's shameful.)
Agreed, it isn't something you can change...unless your planning to live a lie your whole entiere life...which doesn't sound overly fun.

I was dating this girl Kelly for a while, and when I told my friend Wendell, he got confused. I think he liked me. "But...but why?" XD

When my friend Mike told me he was gay, I was all, "Aw, man, that means I can't have a crush on you! :( "

screamingpoet said:
When my friend Mike told me he was gay, I was all, "Aw, man, that means I can't have a crush on you! :( "

reminds me of when Velma was dating Sam:

Us: um Velma you know is is going to be gay right?
Velma: Yeah, I am just enjoying it while it lasts.
:lol:

One of my exboyfriends ended up being gay. I suppose I should've known when he called me 'Jack' instead of 'Jackie.' *sigh*

I don't like the proposed Constitutional Ban on same-sex marriage, either. That's utterly ridiculous. I mean, the Constitution espouses freedom and equality, and yet the ban would take those rights away? Umm, yeah. *rolls eyes* Way to go, George W.

screamingpoet said:
One of my exboyfriends ended up being gay. I suppose I should've known when he called me 'Jack' instead of 'Jackie.' *sigh*

I don't like the proposed Constitutional Ban on same-sex marriage, either. That's utterly ridiculous. I mean, the Constitution espouses freedom and equality, and yet the ban would take those rights away? Umm, yeah. *rolls eyes* Way to go, George W.
Hasn't it always been that way, what with slavery and women's suffrage and stuff?
I want to go live in Europe. America sucks.
Oh look, it's the fourth of July tomorrow. Sucks. Fireworks suck.

...I'm so bitter.

...I'm so bitter.

we hadn't noticed :p.

I think I will stay in America because as you said with slavery and woman's sufferage and stuff, they got what they wanted in the end. I know it is just a matter of time until same-sex marriage is allowed. I don't want to give up on the the USA just yet.

It's been a family tradition to go to fireworks on the fourth of July. This year, it seems as if the firworks have lost their magic. I used to love them, now I just don't even care.

I'd love to live in England. My friend Brian lived there for a few years, he said they're loads more tolerant about everything over there.

screamingpoet said:
One of my exboyfriends ended up being gay.

My exbf can say the same about me.. :lol: He was like, without knowing: "I probably turned you into a lesbian." He has nooo idea :p

Yeah, you should all come live in Holland.. I'll kick the homophobes out and then there's room for lots of happy gay and gay-loving people, and we'll have gay-parades every single weekend :)

Ha, liking the plan! And how do you tell someone that's like your best friend that you love her? Cause I don't want to freak her out...but she's bi...and I am but AH! I don't know...this is confusing me....

Yes lets all move to Holland. Or we could just kick all the homophobic people off the planet and make them live on Neptune. Then I could become the QUEEN-PRINCESS-RULER-PIRATE -Indisputable- Unoverthrowable- AWESOMEST- Owner of this planet. I already have some of my my royal decrees written :lol:.

Cath- maybe you should write out how you feel at first? You know, what you want to say. I know I'm terrible at telling people how I feel straight out; I always have to write about it first. But you should let her know, definitely.

Just start at the beginning and everything else will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back