Say NO to Homophobia

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by beautifulview, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

if there's already a thread please lock :)

its all about acceptance. if you have something against people of different sexual orientation this is not the place for you.

as for the rest of you, i would like to say YAY FOR you for accepting everyone, regardless of SO. It is my belief we should accept everyone, and having a biased opinion of a "group" of people is something we don't need to let into the world.

Say NO to homophobia

2. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Debatable topic :) Nicely said beautifulview

I also believe in accepting everyone. I know they didn't choose to be the way they are. I do know some homosexuals and I love them to death. Personally, I'm a religous person, and sometimes I do try and talk to them about God and why He doesn't allow homosexuality. I do wish they would be able to think more about that, but I can never hate them for what they are. Its not their fault they were born with a tendency to like people of their own sex. But just as I would hate for people to judge me and be biased because I'm an Arab, I hate the thought of anyone judging someone because of their sexuality. Respect is a universal language that everyone should be able to speak. Respect people's differences, you'd want the same done for you.

3. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

I have a friend who is a homosexual. She had confided in me when she was facing a dilemma and she didn't know how to controll the feelings she had for this other girl. I was quite shocked because she have always seemed straight to me. But she seemed lost and confused so I told her to consider her decision deeply and don't do anything rash. The next day, she told me she and the girl are girlfriends. Did I say something wrong?? Eversince then, I have often preached her on religion and encouraged her to make a U-turn. Now, she have been praying regularly but her SO is still inclined to those of her same gender. I feel quite responsible for that :(.

4. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Having participated in the theatre quite a bit I've had many homosexual friends. I've never understood why people have a problem with homosexual people. We don't define people by their straight-ness, so why should we define people by their homosexuality? Not to mention I tend to look at it from a biological point of view. True homosexuality occurs in males and, since males are the ones with the need to procreate, this seems to suggest that it's nature's form of population control. Homosexuality in women isn't true homosexuality, it's merely an effect of the fact that women are asexual...meaning they don't have the inherent need to procreate, thus the act of sex is not for procreation, but for pleasure, and thus allowing for the possibility to be stimulated by either sex.

Also? I was taught that God loves everybody.

5. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

Yes, He does dosen't he! :lol:

Actually, homophobia is not uncommon where I live. Some really look down on such people but some don't really care. I've seen people of the same gender react openly in public. As for me, I look at everyone equally. Their different sexual orientation does not mean they're not human beings with feelings.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I live in very old fashioned (very old fashioed Lutherian) town middle of nowhere. Here's mostly just families that have lived here for decades. So it's pretty hard to be here if you are homosexual. I k now one farmer and he is living with his partner and they are great!

Anyways... I have nothing against 'em, but I don't want to hear any little details of their relationships (well... same goes with straight couples). Perhaps there's little old-fashioed person in me because they way I'm raised but I have no problem otherwise.

7. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I never met anyone who is a homophobe actually.. *wipes forehead* I accept people for who they are and not for their tastes. And I'm happy all my friends (who know about me being bi) do the same with me; they encourage that piece of me by talking about it openly, slightly teasing me (but hey I tease them back ;)), keeping it a secret for when I want to keep it a secret.

I have many friends who are either Bi or Homosexual and I squeeeeee them to death :D

I do not choose gender, I prefer personality.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^You should meet my dad. :lol:

In end of 2005, we bought a cow (or actually it was still a heifer) and the man who sold it, was obviously gay. My dad was going on about it, they had been swimming at same time so he said "yeah, I noticed in sauna that I'd better watch out this man" where I said annoyed "yeah, better not to pick up the soap next time... and ya know, gay men don't attack on straight man, ya know" So when we went to pick up the moo, I told dad just to shut up (dad was drivign a car where Moo was transported and me and mom were in other car) and leave right away when we've got the moo and we'll do the talking with mom.
    So please, you are free to visit my dad.

My sister is bi and at the moment she is seeing a woman. My mom knows about it but dad doesn't. It would be end of the world to my dad. My sis is good example. I told her whatever makes her happy, I'm fine with it but I don't want to hear her rant about her relationships. (which means I hate to pick up her from a bar because she always starts with that when she is drunk)

9. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Most of my male friends are gay. It's either because of my profession or I attract gay men :lol: That probably also explains why the chances of me being single is higher than not. But I love them to bits. Cool, creative and sensitive people. We talk about everything, and I mean everything. And the fun part is to go men-watching. We'd sit and observe guys and give silly remarks/comments. :p

10. Macayla

Macayla Captain

I have gay friends and I love them, I think they are great and I don't get that people have problems with it

11. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

My friends are like that :lol: And they praise themselves to be lucky that I don't rant about that kinda stuff. I keep those things to myself.. I know how horrible it can be to hear about other people sexlifes.. I have 5 older sisters! Trust me, I know.

My friends nudge me when a beautiful woman walks by, they're like: "Hey, I want you to go out with her! She's hot!" Me: "You sure you're not bi or lesbian?" :lol:

Two of my close friends are homosexuals and we used to go to this gaybar, when one of 'm worked.. and I'm telling you, it's the best ever! They're so cute! I actually said to one of the gay guys: "man, if you weren't gay, phewwww!!" I mean, with those guys I can just flirt for fun with both parties knowing it's nothing serious! :)

12. CSIsMANIAC

CSIsMANIAC Captain

:lol: :lol: Funny stories. Yup, I've got no grudge against homosexuals. I have a friend who used to go to my school. She used to work at this place and her boss is a gay. Each time he goes out for lunch or something, she would chat to me on MSN and tell me he's probably somewhere doing another guy. It's kindda harsh. Not all gay men want sex....right?? :lol:

13. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I've been out as bisexual for 11 years now. I got a hard time from certain circles of my friends (obviously those people are no longer my friends) who declared I should choose one way or the other and that I was being greedy, etc.

When I went to university, I became involved in my campus LGBT society and by my second year I was running it as chairperson. Although I was voted in, several people left (gay men) because they didn't want a bi representing them. Sometimes the biphobia is stronger in the gay community than in the straight one.

Here in Belfast, we only really have one official gay club, with another two or three that do "gay nights" Like in every city, there are the "scene" people, who club on a regular basis and the "non-scene" ones (like me) who don't have the energy. If you went by the numbers in the clubs, you’d swear there were only 20 lesbians in Belfast (most of them under the age of 20). But we all come together each summer for Pride, which has been getting bigger and bigger each year.

When I first marched, 6 or 7 years ago, there were only a couple hundred of us, and the Free P's (Free Presbyterians, which are the most vocal anti-gay protestors here) came right into the middle of the march, handing out leaflets telling us that we're al going to hell. Now there are too many of us, so they stand with a bull horn outside City Hall as we pass and chant passages from the Bible. Makes me glad I'm no longer a Christian to be honest. (And yes, I know these people are not representative of all Christians, and they are not the reason I left the Catholic church)

Homophobia is endemic in every society, no matter how open-minded or civilized it might seem to be. How many people have heard someone call another person “gay” in the form of an insult, whether it is joking or not? How many have done it themselves? How many times have you read in the paper a rumor that your favorite actor/actress is gay and you’ve reacted strongly, thinking “How dare they say that about …” How would you react if someone thought you were gay?

Yes, we need to change the big problems in society – the gay bashing, the discrimination – but we also need to change the little attitudes as well. The ones that people, who say they’re fine with people being gay, still have. Until we do, our society will never be an accepting one.

14. Palm

Palm Coroner

I'm fine with it. I have about 3 friends that are homosexual and their all perfectly normal. I still talk to them like their everyday people. But I don't see why people treat them as different. It's .. dumb =\

So I agree! Down with discrimination!

15. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I just read this and thought I'd share:

From AOL:Entertainment News

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.