Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...Still scared...but not a bad idea...I guess I should go through my journals and pick the best one :p. Kidding, I only have a couple...I'll write a whole new one :D...but I just really hope this isn't going to be like an awquard silence feeling...and well she's on vacation in Victoria but were gonna meet up when I'm in Vancouver...should I tell her then or wait 'til were both back home?

You should definitely tell her when you two are together. It might be easier over the phone or whatever, but it would be more personal when you're together.

As for the awkward silence feeling... *shrugs* You can never really tell. You just have to throw yourself out there, and hope that what you want to happen, happpens. The moments we truly live are when we do things in the spirit of love.

oh oh oh BRILLIANT plan! A lot less honest than everyone else's plan but hey if it were me it is what I would do because I am a bloody coward. Okay the things you need:

1a) a cell phone with text messaging
2a) she needs a cell phone with text messaging
1b) aim
2b) she needs aim

things it would be good to have:

1) a friend who is willing to help you and play along
2) a trip or vacation home you can be at while excecuting my brilliant plan.

The Plan: So what you do is get together with your friend there (or if you for some reason can't find anyone to play along say your cousin is over or something) and send her a text message saying how you feel. Two things could then happen:

a) she reacts well and you become a cute couple and post about how well my plan worked, or
b) she doesn't like you like that and you can say it was your friend (or imaginary cousin) being an ass. No harm to your friendship.

I am a genius, I should get a medal. Their way is more romantic but mine is foolproof.

Thanks, Jayne and Sissi. She does know that I'm bi, and she doesn't really care, but like... there was this one time when we were watching this movie, and we were sitting on a couch, and this zombie jumped out and scared the living sh*t out of us, and she grabbed my hand... that sounds really stupid, but it sent shocks up my arm!! And then she realized about five minutes later that she was still holding my hand and she let go. And I tried the leg bumpy thing already, and she didn't do anything... I think she figured it was actually an accident, because when I did it I was reaching for my soda. Tee hee. She gave me a pair of her pants that didn't fit anymore... and now we're in a band... <squeal>. So what should I do next? Is there some specific formula for trying to get one of your best friends to date you? <eep!>
Homophobes have their right to feel how they feel, but I still consider homophobia stupid and immature and just generally extremely irritating.
You know what I just realized? There are few things better than a room full of gays. We're all so fun!
That reminds me... This one time, I was walking down the hall, and some a-hole shouted that I was gay, and I shouted back "Only halfway!" And somebody else said "Hey, me too! Let's hook up!" :lol: The look on everybody's faces was hilarious.

Ha...thanks you guys. I don't know what I'll do exactly...but I'll figure it out when the time comes.

And reading Crysthala's story reminded me of something.

One time this teacher thought I was gay and asked if I was. Then later on when I was at home with my roommate (she's the girl I like...long story what happened with the last roommate) but she was there and I was getting mad saying that a teacher shouldn't ask that and then my friend/roommate was like "umm she's right though..." and I was like "ONLY HALF" ha, my other roommate looked at me so funny...cause she didn't know until after she heard that conversation. :p

weeeeeeell today i told my mom about my bisexualness and she said "F*ck you." And laughed. I didnt think it was funny, but She said "You arent." I was so offended. She doesnt seem to understand that I have a girlfriend that I love so much. That loves me back, and that I would do anything for. Before I have to resort to desperate measures, and bring my girl over holding my hand, any advice for the now struggling me?

Ok so this isn’t completely related to this thread, but I didn’t know where else to put it. My friend runs the debating club at our school and one of the topics she has come up with is “Do same sex environments encourage homosexuality?”
My immediate reaction is no, because no matter who you are surrounded by, you either feel something or you don’t. It is not controlled by who you spend time with, because emotions and feelings are more complicated than that. However thinking about it, if you do spend a lot of time around people of the same sex, you might develop feelings that you would not have realised if you were in a mixed sex environment. That doesn’t mean that you become gay, because of the situation, rather that you realised it because of the situation. Of course no one can make you gay or straight, it’s just the way you are.

Anyway, what are your opinions?
If your gay and in a same sex school or work place, does it make it easier or harder to be open with the people around you?

I don't think being in a same-sex environment encourages homosexuality. I mean, it's not as if the environment is screaming "Hey, over here, be gay!" *frowns* I think the only thing that could possibly happen is that a person would be more open to homosexuality because they've been around it so often, but it definitely wouldn't lead to someone becoming gay. That's just ridiculous.

I agree...being in the same-sex enviornment doesn't encourage being gay...it's a feeling...and no matter who you're around you feel for a person or not.

I agree as well, don't believe it's encouraging to become gay just because you're in a same-sex environment. Like my good friend had said: "it's a mental disorder" :rolleyes: :lol: it's not like when you smell the scent of girls around you all the time you automatically become attracted to it.. it's a feeling indeed. I don't know but it kind of reminds me of the fact that many people think that when you're gay you automatically fancy EVERYone of the same sex.. gawd, ugh, I wouldn't imagine having some sexual relationship with my best female friends *shudders at thought* great, now I have visuals in my head :rolleyes: Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.... ohhh nice.. Cath & Sara :devil:

screamingpoet said:
Cath and Sara? I'm more inclined to Cath and Lady Heather. Just because Lady Heather is all kinds of pretty. Mmm.
Really? I can't see Cath and Lady Heather. Now, Sara and Lady Heather.. yum.

:devil:

Is this the ship section? Nah, just kidding. But Sara and Lady would be nice. :) And I agree with Jayne :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back