Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, beautifulview :)

I actually had a rather heated conversation with my parents today in the car. I asked them again what they would do if I was gay. Right off the bat they say they'd be okay with it, and then my mom said I was too young to know. Okay, fair enough. She told me I don't have enough experience and haven't had enough interaction with either sex to know yet. And she told me that it wasn't a denial thing, that she was really telling me the truth.

She then said that when it's the time, I'll know.

...but she can't tell me I'm not if only I know when the time comes :rolleyes:

you're right, and who is she to tell you who you can and can't love! (i mean that nicely of corse :)) i'm glad they're ok with it, alot of parents are like... "eh" in the begining.

oh, and you mentioned a sibling, is he/she younger or older than you?

^ lucky. being the oldest is so annoying (I realize this is totally off topic) She steals my CD, she scratches my CD, I take it back, she screams, I get in trouble. That just happened and it is so annoying then she also makes me rewind CSI if I am 10 min to the end and start over so she can watch. She also steals my clothes and doesn't give them back. Can you tell I am in a pissy mood right now? lol. Sorry that was off topic.

I have nothing against people with different orientations. :) I don't understand how someone could be prejudiced against gay/bi people when they're only human, just like any straight person.

i agree with you keich! imo, it affects nobody except those who have a problem with it.

lets get a topic started, what about... How Many Times a Day do you Hear the word "gay" used in an ill-mannered way?

I used to hear that a lot way back in highschool. I had three gay classmates, and the other boys constantly teased them.

beautifulview said:
lets get a topic started, what about... How Many Times a Day do you Hear the word "gay" used in an ill-mannered way?
How about a thousand? Sadly, that's probably not an exaageration.

LOL, I was telling my mom the other day how I wish I were taller, like 5'9'' or 5'10''. She said "No! That's too tall. It'll be hard to find a boyfriend taller than you." and I started to say something and she laughed and said "Well, I guess that's not a problem." :lol:

I heard a LOT of it today! It was so aweful, me ears were burning. And there was this one guy, who came up and started blowing kisses to all the dudes. All the gals were heartbroken! Well, he was good-looking from what I've heard from the ladies.

trent_bowie said:
You hear it more among the younger kids than anything. I get really annoyed when a grown-up says it.

Very true. Younger kids are so used to hearing it that they go right along and use it in that context too, without even thinking about. They don't think it's hurtful or offensive just a way of describing things. I don't think I have heard an adult say it.

In my school, gay people are accepted. But some of my fellow students are annoyed by them. Especially with the comfort room issue, it's because the gay guys use the girl's CR. IMO, they should just use the boy's Cr coz they are boys. It's creepy to have gay boys in our CR, coz they still ARE boys.

csi_fanatic87 said:
trent_bowie said:
You hear it more among the younger kids than anything. I get really annoyed when a grown-up says it.

Very true. Younger kids are so used to hearing it that they go right along and use it in that context too, without even thinking about. They don't think it's hurtful or offensive just a way of describing things. I don't think I have heard an adult say it.

well little kids expecially between 3rd and 5th grade (depending on siblings' ages) pick up on a lot of things that they don't understand. From what I have observed it isn't even a way of describing things, more a way to sound cool :cool:. I remember Ellie (little sis) in about 4th grade started throwing it around everywhere (got her to stop eventually) and now I am bracing myself for the whoel thing all over again with my little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back