Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stayed silent and let me tell you, it was tough.

But it's to show how exactly Gay/Lesbian's feel in society. Their voices are never heard and by staying silent, it was able to give those of us the chance to reall understand and let those around us aware of it.

I hated how many people started laughing at some of us but then again, there were some who were very proud and want to do it next year.

Sometimes you can't change people but you can always help.

^ Oooh, blast those people who laugh. Kudos to you and your fellow friends for willing to take part in such protest.

A wise friend of mine once said, "If you had to make an impression, like a child's foot might make on a dusty floor, at least it would be a start"

The more such events in the world, the bigger the footprint will be and soon, everyone will learn to live together in harmony. But it's an arduous task. And takes much efforts. But we'll get there :).

Now I must explain Day of Silence to all the people who were like, "why are you silent today" "blhaha" (not like there weren't signs all over the school) I just wrote I would tell them tommorow because I didn't feel like wroting it all out.
No I have never heard of Emo the Monkey.

I heard this story from Mickey, my American trainer.

There's a group of monkey(I keep typing 'money'!) and one of them is called Emo. In those days, monkeys can't swim and they were afraid of water, even touching it.

One day they were playing by the river and Emo got curious about the water. He approached it and the rest of the monkey were wary and afraid. Emo edged closer to the water and finally touched it. Story cut short, Emo realized water ain't bad so he jumped into the river and learned how to swim in the water. The rest of the monkeys after seeing what Emo did, imitated him and that's how Emo showed the monkeys how to swim. One after another, the monkeys learned how to swim and from that time onwards, swimming became a natural ability of all monkeys throughout the generations.

Well the story was told in a better way of course. My point is that one person's action can cause a ripple. Just like Emo. If you believe in something and do it, it will create something called 'critical mass'. At one point, it will become self-perpetuating, like a ripple that gets bigger and bigger. One god example is this Day of Silence.

That is such a great way of saying it Zippy, by using the example of Emo.. I think Emo deserves a fic.. just like Crispy.. I'm rambling, nevermind.

My parents are gone now, so I can finally can give my GF a call.. isn't that horrible.. waiting for your parents to leave so you can finally tell someone you love her? Gawd, parents.. it's pay-back time for them when they see the bill :lol:

What a wonderful way to intepret things Erin. Using a monkey. Well, those creatures are naturally curious.

But careful, too big a wave can cause damage as much as a tsunami does!

ahahaha :lol: there're 2 sides to everything huh? Monkey story is by Mickey, c'est pas moi...and I hate it that I keep typing 'money'...I really need money...haha...

so my school did the day of silence. it was a bigger turn out then most expected which is great. no one gave us any trouble either and i mean there are a handfull of really homophobic people at my school...
all in all it went great.

I was so happy when the UK made 'civil cerimonies' it took the religious slant off the marrige thing by calling it that... and there wasn't a whole lot of protest and the media was very supportive. :)

hey everyone! I have never been in the Miscellaneous part of TalkCSI b4...so i thought i would come in today. Then this thread caught my attention. I am not a lesbian but i do have quite a few friends who are gay/lesbian. I am 100% supportive of them. i just want to see them happy. I think its sad that there are so many homophobic people out there, cuz they are missing out on such amazing friendships!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back