Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Ohh I walked through town the other day and I saw this really cute young gay-couple holding hands (they must've been my age I think).. and I was like squeeeing from the inside.. and nobody said anything nasty or gave them looks or anything.. awwww happy world I live in :D

I happen to live in a neighbourhood with the highest number of single people (like me) in the city. And yes, a lot of the residents are GBLT. The coffee shop around the corner is owned by two gay men, as well as the Mexican cusuine restuarant (always packed) across the street. Quite a few houses around here proudly wave the rainbow flag.

I thought this was interesting.

One of my closest friends, Katie, is passing out small flyers which basically mention that tomorrow is a "Day of Silence" and it's a protest. What happens is that tomorrow, during classes, those who want to fight for the right of Gay's and Lesbian's to have marriages and be free in society, to not speak at all. To experience what they go through everyday with getting their voices out.

It's something I am taking participation in and I would love to share my experience tomorrow when I complete it. :)

That's interesting. I'm not currently in school, unfortunately, but I would support it. It's an interesting idea.

That sounds a great idea. It would be something that I would support however since im not at school I don't think that its something that I could take part in.

Oh wow.. YAY.. cool.. yeah keep us posted! Hmm, that is why I read so many articles about gay-marriages in yesterday's newspaper.. I even took it home with me (we get free newspapers in the train) to post some of it here.. let's see..

The mayor of Amsterdam, Job Cohen, sent a letter to the governments of many major capital cities of Europe, where gay emancipation is under pressure. In the document, which he co-wrote with district chairwoman Anne Lize van der Stoel, Cohen calls on to introduce gay marriage where it has not been introduced yet, this is what the district announced yesterday.
In the letter, the signers speak their worries about the reducing tollerance towards homosexuals, such as not granting permission for gay demonstrations

Source: "Zorgen Cohen om homo's in Europa". Spits. 25.04.2006; 4.

Okay, I've read the 'Day of Silence' site.. and wow! Honestly, next year, I am so going to introduce it to the school I will be teaching at!! Hopefully I'll get it done :D That would be perfect!

Been awake for 22 minutes and haven't talked yet! I love the idea. I have a handy dandy chalkboard to write everything on.I actually didn't know exactly what it was about until a second ago, my friend in the GSA told me about it yesterday and I was like, "super coolio" (it is SO hard to to say what I type)

:lol: yeah, all of a sudden I want to move to A'dam.. while I ALWAYS said I hated the city! Cohen rocks though! And let's face it, A'dam is gay-capital of the world.

omg, my GSA forgot it! this is UNbelievable, i'm not in GSA, busy wednesdays, but still! this sounds like something that everyone should know!

i just talked to my freind marvy, and he says we're doingit next week instead. well thats great. *sarcasticly*

i'm mad at the GSA now :grumble:

Well besides a hysterical rant that lasted about 10 seconds (today has been truly terrible, so much due in classes and not even being able to talk made me very stressed) everything has been wordless. The big flaw is in most classes it started a discussion on homophobia and I couldn't participate because I was being silent. Still am, anyone else here shutting up for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back