Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Oh dear. Another bad case. The problem can only be solved if her Dad is willing to sit down and talk. All you can do is support her and assure her that she's not alone. She's got one less person to worry about. Maybe you can be with her when she gets the chance to talk to her dad. Must be pretty nasty this situation. I'm sure some of the people here can give you advise.

^^ I'm so sorry to hear that! Yes, I would take Casper's advice, just be there for her; it's the best and only thing you can do at the moment. Her father will have to accept it. My dad once said: "the worst thing is if one of your children or one of your family members cuts you off and does not want to talk to you." I took that as my cue and told him.

^^^ oh dear! I feel so sorry for her, her father must be a really mean poohead! Just make sure you are there for her and reasure her that everything will turn out all right.

iluvEricSzmanda said:
guys! im sad for my cousin. My uncle (her dad) isnt speaking to her because she came out to him and he doesnt wanna belive that she's a lesbian. And he doesnt want anyone else in the family to know. No one knows that I know and I dont wanna tell anyone cuz I think that my cousin needs to be the one tell them.
So she was in tears at the last family gathering because her own father refused to speak to her. Its just sad that he cant accept her. :(

That really sucks. Nothing hurts worse than when your own father turns his back on you. All I can say is stand by your cousin no matter what. At least she has you to depend on.

And Jayne, it looks like you have a long struggle ahead of you, my dear. It looks like your parents is trying to throw a monkey wrench into your relationship. I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this new wrinkle. Advising you to move out sounds tempting, but doing that would be rash and possibly damage your relationship with your parents. However, it might be a good idea to let your girlfriend know what's going on and work around it. By the way what do HER parents think?

Hang in there, darlings and stay true to yourselves. It WILL get better...

Laetri said:
I had trouble finishing that article, that is offensive on so many levels. My mom was telling me I was being grump for the next 10 minues after I read it because stupid people put me in a bad mood.

Jon Stewart covered an issue tonight about our President (Bush) refusing the gay couples' children into the Whitehouse Easter Egg Hunt until after he had left. I will see if I can find a link to the clip.

omg! i was watching that! Jon Stewart is soo funny. The killer easter bunnies behind Laura Bush..

lilbug said:
Laetri said:
I had trouble finishing that article, that is offensive on so many levels. My mom was telling me I was being grump for the next 10 minues after I read it because stupid people put me in a bad mood.

Jon Stewart covered an issue tonight about our President (Bush) refusing the gay couples' children into the Whitehouse Easter Egg Hunt until after he had left. I will see if I can find a link to the clip.

omg! i was watching that! Jon Stewart is soo funny. The killer easter bunnies behind Laura Bush..

I still love Samantha Bee's (I am so glad she is back) need for gramatically correct hatrid.

lol. i heart jon. so funny!

iluvericszmazda my condolences to you and your cousion. i'm afraid there are people in the world like that and sometimes the best way do deal with it is just to let it be. time will be the best thing for it.

quick note, i'm so happy this thread is doing so well! i never expected people to be so open, but i'm so thrilled you are all posting here! *hugs everyone*

trent_bowie said:
And Jayne, it looks like you have a long struggle ahead of you, my dear. It looks like your parents is trying to throw a monkey wrench into your relationship. I'm at a loss as to how to resolve this new wrinkle. Advising you to move out sounds tempting, but doing that would be rash and possibly damage your relationship with your parents. However, it might be a good idea to let your girlfriend know what's going on and work around it. By the way what do HER parents think?

Well, I love my parents to death.. it's not that we're in a fight or something. They've always been there for me, made sure I could go to college and university, whenever I was in trouble they came to my rescue. They've always been very supportive and I wouldn't be the girl I am today without them. However.. :lol: now that I actually need them to support me most, they're not there.. and yes, that sucks! I've lived on my own for two years, during college, then moved back home because I couldn't make it financially. I'm 23 and dad said to me: "I can't prevent you from going, otherwise you'll grab your bags and you're gone!" So they know exactly how I am and don't want to lose me :p I have several months of university to go, start a job in August and then I'll move out.

My GF knows about my troubles and she's the one who's always there for me when my parents give it a new attempt. But I always think that I bother her with my problems and such, though I told her and she said that my problems are her problems too.. "they're OUR problems". I'm going to meet her parents soon and they're okay with it.

Thankies Trent for being here in this thread.. you're going on my 'cool-persons-list' :p Support and understanding means a lot!

Laetri said:
lilbug said:
Laetri said:

I still love Samantha Bee's (I am so glad she is back) need for gramatically correct hatrid.

I haven't watched Jon Stewart that much though. I only saw that one.. Hilarious!

I believe in accepting everyone for who they are, not for who they like. That would be like me only liking everyone who likes my ship on here only. I think its horrible that peeps have to hate others becuase they are gay.

annaCSI, welcome! always good to see new faces...er...avatars!

and i agree with you, if we only liked people who had similar interests as ours, the world would be too sad

and i agree with you, if we only liked people who had similar interests as ours, the world would be too sad

and incredibly boring, you would never be introduced to new things.

^^ And if all of a sudden, all girls started fancying girls too.. man.. I would have to fight harder and search longer for my girl.. well, I found my girl already, but you get the point.

So it would be boring.. hell yes.. and it would also be a disadvantage!! :lol:

I use this thread as vent for all the things that happen to me related to the subject.. just need to scribble it down, don't want to bother anyone with it.. :p

Yesterday our new neighbours came over.. they have two daughters my age, and one of them used to have a boyfriend who was literally fully tatooed and had loads of piercings. Now my dad says: "If Jayne comes home with a BOYFRIEND, then I would first search HIM with a metal detector!" :mad: I gave him a very pissed look at walked back inside.. he's so in denial.. he knows I have a GF who has piercings :mad:

I use this thread as vent for all the things that happen to me related to the subject.. just need to scribble it down, don't want to bother anyone with it..

Your not bothering anyone, don't worry about it. I vent too, just not here because my anger is not pertinent to homophobia, more about life so it is just in the 'Things I Hate' thread.

Ooh, I went out the other day and a girl in a green shirt caught my eye. She had spiky hair and well, she was holding hands with a girl. I thought, why go through all that trouble? Why not just go out as herself? Then I thought again, maybe she IS being herself. So I stopped thinking for a while. Then, bumped into the same couple in this gift shop and she casted me this very weird stare. Like she was expecting me to say something about her holding hands with another girl. I don't have a problem with it. Why would I? Go ahead and hold her hand. :lol: Nobody's stopping you! :lol:

Hmm, I thought she is pretty though. *hangs head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back