Say NO to Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
That can be so frustrating. Many parents are gonna go through the classic denial-"I want grandchildren " thing. Possibly, they don't really want to deal with the issue. Of course, one argument you can use is "Hey, at least I'm less likely to come home pregnant", or something to that effect.

Obviously, it's gonna take a while for them to get used to the idea. Try not to worry too much about it. Give them some time and eventually they'll have to deal with it.

^^ my mum even tried to prevent me from staying at my gf by saying that there were no trains going back at a certain day.. hah, my dad.. he said.. well you can take the bike to the other station (which is an hour cycling from here) and catch your train there haha!! But actually there are trains going at that day.. :mad: so she just made it up. So mum's still not happy with it, but dad is getting used to it and such, so that's good.

Of course, one argument you can use is "Hey, at least I'm less likely to come home pregnant", or something to that effect.
Yup :D My dad said: "well, have fun and uhm.. be safe!" :lol: I was like: :confused:

JayneEmilysRealm said:
Does anyone else have problems with the fact that their parents are more or less in denial??

I know exactly what you mean! I told my mom about my little late night revelation, and she just abruptly went on the defensive: "No, you're too young to know!", etc. I kept trying to talk but the second I opened my mouth she went, "NO! You're too young!"

And she's pretty convinced that I'm straight, so..

^^ Ann, that's exactly what my mum said when I told her several years ago... "you're too young, and it's just a phase!" :rolleyes: But now, since I'm several years older, she can't really use that same lame excuse anymore, so now it's "it's always the same with you.. you always wanted to be different than other people!" :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong to be different. I think parents should be proud of their children who want to be different and not follow the crowd. Being the same with others can be boring. So I say, you go Jayne! :lol:.

I'm different too. In so many ways. People say I'm weird. Others say I'm a freak. I think I'm just this way cos it feels most comfortable. Don't give a proton to what they think. [I just read my Chemistry book for fun so don't mind me :lol:!] Do what you wanna do in your own special way.[and I mean the other 'do' not THAT 'do' :lol:] If people don't like it, then fine. People think you're amusing, get their number. :lol: :lol:

[Yes, apparently, I'm in a laughing mood. Hehe]

hallo everyone! I just read this disturbing article, well atleast part of it. You can click here to read it: click me! When will it ever stop. Will it?

^^ OMFG!! You have got to be kidding me.. people are insane.. :mad: I have to say 'bravo' for that guys two children who decided to have their own lives.. that takes guts I'm sure!

I had trouble finishing that article, that is offensive on so many levels. My mom was telling me I was being grump for the next 10 minues after I read it because stupid people put me in a bad mood.

Jon Stewart covered an issue tonight about our President (Bush) refusing the gay couples' children into the Whitehouse Easter Egg Hunt until after he had left. I will see if I can find a link to the clip.

^^ OMG! I can't believe things like this happen in this world. Thanks so much for posting (both articles) because we (dah Dutch) don't hear anything about it, so we actually can only guess what's going on in the rest of the world regarding gay-topics, well, except for the gay-parada of course :D

I can't believe people can actually deny entry (or later entry) for kids of gay parents.. their just KIDS :mad: That just really pisses me off!

Mmm, I want Easter Egg Rolls. Those are very troubling articles. Gay families can't get into the White House. Ya know, I want to join The Family pride Coalition. Help people who are gay to build a family of their own. Sounds fun and sure to be rewarding to see people happy.

I'm beginning to doubt that straights and gays can ever live in harmony in some parts of the world. I was reading about that guy who got lured and beaten up. That is just sad. Makes one wonder about todays' society and all the discrimation people face. I consider myself lucky. But sitting here and pouring out pity and solicitude is not going to do anything really. Hmm.

It kind of starts to craic me up all the attempt my mum is trying to make to stop me from going to my GF. She came up to me yesterday and said:
Mum: "Soooo this guy from Prague called regarding the appartment we're buying and we have to sign the contract either the second week of May or on the 5th of May. So I told him we're coming on the 5th."
Me: "Cool."
Mum: "Yeah.. well there's a slight problem, because then you're coming back from **"
Me: "Yeah.. don't see a problem."
Mum: "No? Well I'd like to be home when you get back from her."
Me: "Then, why did you pick the 5th? You knew I was coming back from her! You could've chosen to go the week after! And besides, I've got a key to the house, I'm a grown-up, mum."
Mum: "Are you sure you want to go through with this whole thing?"
Me: *gives mum 'talk-to-the-hand-look*

And what's this 'this whole thing' thing she meant?? :rolleyes:

Ohhh and then.. sorry I just need to get it all off my chest! :p So I told you guys how my parents had reacted.. that mum wasn't too happy and dad had said 'have fun!' and then some evenings later I walked into the kitchen and they were there having dinner and mum started again: "blabla I dunno.. not really pleased with the whole idea.. blablabla!" So I look at dad like "back me up please?" and he's like: "Well, don't look at me.. I support your mum!" WTF?? Did she brainwash him or something :eek: Dudes, I totally thought I had about the most modern parents one could wish for!!

guys! im sad for my cousin. My uncle (her dad) isnt speaking to her because she came out to him and he doesnt wanna belive that she's a lesbian. And he doesnt want anyone else in the family to know. No one knows that I know and I dont wanna tell anyone cuz I think that my cousin needs to be the one tell them.
So she was in tears at the last family gathering because her own father refused to speak to her. Its just sad that he cant accept her. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back