Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

My friends and I made a movie night some days ago and we watched 3 movies:
    1) The Others. Nicole Kidman is so good there and I must confess that I was a little bit scared... I'm still scared. Every undefined noise cringes me. Yes, I'm a little scaredy-cat... :lol:
    2) Creep. This should be a horror movie, but it is totally bad.There's nothing else to say aside from: No need to watch!!!
    3) The Frighteners. It was a little bit funny but it made me tired. And look at Creep: No need to watch!!!

I think for the next time we should look for better ones. :lol:

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm going through the Harry Potter movies since i am for the first time reading the books (it has taken me this long to start reading the books i know). so far i have seen the first two since i have read the first two.

"Summer Stock"- Gene Kelly and Judy Garland are in the movie. i loved this movie it was so cute. Gene Kelly was so freakin handsome! best part of the movie is when Judy Garland sings "Get Happy."

"Angels and Demons"- awesome movie! i loved it. as an art history major i knew a lot of the statues and paintings that were shown or talked about. i was thrilled to see Caravaggio's painting "The Cruxcifiction of St. Peter" in one of the shots. i freaked out when some of the frescoes in the Vatican fell near the end!!

"Zigfeld Follies"- good movie but very long and all over the place. best part was when Fred Astair and Gene Kelly danced together in "The Babbit and the Bromide."

"Yesman"- i saw this in the movies but just got it on dvd. this movie cracks me up. love seeing Bradley Cooper, Sasha Alexander, Zooey Deschanel and Molly Sims in it.

best songs from this movie are "Sally Simpson", Elton John singing "Pinball Wizard" and Tina Turner singing "Acid Queen." i have "Sally Simpson" as my ringtone i love Pete Townsend singing this song.

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i just recently watched "my bloody valentine", and compared to the other slasher flicks that have come out recently this one was pretty decent. i wish i could have seen it in 3d! you can pick out most of what would be 3d when you watch it normally, and they would have been pretty cool to see.

the gruesome bits were pretty good without being too over the top, there were some cheesy ones that i knew were for 3d effects so i will forgive them those. a lot of people complain about horror movies being predictable, and i always suck at figuring out the ending, but this one had me changing my mind so many times! so that was fun.

if you enjoy the genre i would definitely recommend, worth at least a rental. the only thing that sucks is i bet you have to buy it to get the 3d glasses unless you have a pair (pink and green ones) from some other movie.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ You know I have just now finished watching this flick and all I can say is... meh. Maybe it was a lot better in 3-D?

Despite my all encompassing love of all things Jensen Ackles (and my love of a good horror flick), even his presence in this film could not distract me from how bad the writing was on this remake. I mean, the original was good and cheesey, and very fitting for the time. This one was just a lame vehicle to get a 3-D movie out there, I'm thinking.

I'm going to have to say that, unless you're a die-hard Jensen Ackles fan (or Kerr Smith, who gave probably the best performance in the whole mess) I'd take a pass on this one. Or unless you can actually watch it in 3-D... maybe that would make it worthwhile after all.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

First off, I'm not a Science geek. This CSI board is as 'geeky' as I get.
    BUT....
    I saw Star Trek the other night. I have to say, I really liked it. Really, really liked it.
    I'm saying this because I, being of the original Star Trek generation had serious reservations about it. First I'm not a science geek like I said earlier. And I'm not a huge fan of J.J. Abrams. I never did get into Lost. It was too 'out there' for me. :eek:

This version of Star Trek reeled me it. Like everyone else said, it was well acted and well written. The dialogue kept it interesting and it was visually appealing. I guess those are my selling points since I saw a midnight showing and I was worried I would be bored. :rolleyes:

Ginna I agree with everything you said about Spock. Who ever he was they did a FANTASTIC and I can't underscore that enough, job of casting him and his portrayal of young Spock blew me away.

The romance between him and Uhura threw me too. I thought for sure they'd do the typical thing and pair her up with Jim. I was suprised how well the 'romance' worked and wasn't overpowering and was actually kind of HOT. (did I just say that? ;) )

Not many films as of late I would see again, but this on I would definately pay the $10 to see again. :hugegrin:

6. BabaOReilly

OK, just saw Terminator: Salvation on Friday, and seeing how I was really just expecting a big action movie with a dark side, I was not disappointed. :lol:

The characters aren't that well explored, with the exception of Marcus, the main guy. Then again, pretty much everyone who would be interested in seeing this movie would already know about Kyle Reese and John Connor, so other then a little contextual set-up, you don't really need much. And as for character development, well... I guess McG could have done a little more on that side, but oh well. He didn't.

Anyway, it wasn't exactly a deep film, but the cinematography was impressive, as were the machines and the action. This is basically a big rock'em sock'em robots movie! :lol: OK, maybe not, but if you like an action movie with a little more story than average (and not the other way around) then I think you'll like this one.

7. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Night at the Museum 2 --I have to say that it seemed to be just like the first. Maybe a slight bit better because the references to the characters but not spectatular. Was a little disapointed. This weekend seeing UP in 3D! very excited for that one.

8. MakeTracksCowboy

- Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian= this was so freaking cute!! i love every minute of this movie. Amy Adams was so damn adorable, me and friend went crazy saying how much we wanna hug her through out the movie lol. i loved seeing the paintings in the National Gallery moving around b/c i wish paintings could do that in real life (art history major here). i want to go see this again so bad.

- Drag Me to Hell= the trailer for this is seriously misleading.... well to me at least. the movie looked awesome and i was totally not impressed at all. i was laughing my ass off through out the movie it wasn't even scary. maybe it's b/c i've never seen the Evil Dead movies or something but i was just impressed with the movie as a whole.

- Fanboys= love this movie!! i'm sure there are loads of Star Wars nerds lurking aorund here all of you will love this movie. i've watched all the Star Wars movies over the years, i'm not obsessed with them but my brothers and my friend are and they totally related to the movie. it was made more awesome by the fact that Kristen Bell was a Star Wars nerd who was so sarcastic and dressed up as Princess Lea when Jobba the Hut had captured her.

- The Apartment= this was ok. the story kinda made me mad but all in all it wasn't too bad.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Up

This is not a kid's movie, this is a great movie that combines comedy, tragedy, and hope.

The characters, an old man, a left out dog, a chubby boy all made this movie hillarious and adventerous. It was a great!

10. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Already watched it 3 times. Closely to the games but kinda boring. Not much horror at all. But it was okay. I so like Leon. :adore: Only reason why I watched it. :D

11. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

x-men files:wolverine:

two hours of hugh jackman in a tanktop enough said:drool: :guffaw:
    but seriously very good film, lots of good stunts,very exciting and good storyline.:)

12. MakeTracksCowboy

Land of the Lost: this movie was hilarious. Will Ferrell is so freakin funny. Ana Friel from "Pushing Daisies" was so damn cute and was really cool. it's stupid funny and a very good laugh.

13. BabaOReilly

Just saw "UP" and I loved it. I cried twice and smiled and laughed the rest of the time. The 3D was once again outstanding and the animation was fantastic. The South American scenery animation blew me away.

This is a very sweet movie, and I actually think it's more for adults than kids. Definitely worth checking out in 3D if you can.

14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Watched Terminator Salvation. The film was good. The special effects were flawless and very good. It's a great action movie, stays true to it's prequels and is fun to watch. Just don't expect too much plot-vise or character development-vise ;)

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I just saw the movie The Hangover and I thought it was hilarious! Obviously deserves the R Rating it got for crude language and all that, but overall, it is one of the funniest movies I have EVER seen. I'm gonna have to go see it a second time because people were laughing so hard that you missed dialouge. The actors are great at what they do! I would definitely recommend it for people to see as long as they don't get easily offended! 4.75/5 from me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.