Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Ooh, I really want to see that now! :)

I saw Drag Me To Hell on Sunday. I have to say, it was hilarious. It looked half way decent in the commercial. I had no idea it was going to be one of those funny horror movies. The entire movie theatre was laughing SO hard. The script wasn't that good and the ending was painfully predictable. I wouldn't see it unless you're looking for a good laugh. There was a talking goat. Need I say more?

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I'm not surprised, after seeing Raimi's Army of Darkness- that's one of my all time favourite comedy/horror movies. I bet I'd enjoy Drag Me To Hell.

Bad marketing though, huh? It looks like it's just supposed to be a horror movie from the commercials. If he was going the Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness route, you think they would have presented it that way?

3. BabaOReilly

Oh man. I just saw The Hangover and holy crap, did I ever laugh my ass off. I can see that being one I buy when it comes out on DVD. Just a lot of bizarre hilarity, and most of it totally tweaked humour. My friend and I seriously laughed non-stop. If your sense of humour is a little left of centre, you should definitely check out this film. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that Bradley Cooper is incredibly freaking hot, too. :)

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I saw The Hangover Friday night and Saturday during the matinee, and it was entirely worth it. Funniest f*cking film I have ever seen. And you have to stay for the end credits! :lol: Because if you don't, you won't get your money's worth. :devil:

Also saw Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 last night (3 out of 4 stars) and Night at the Museum 2 earlier in the week (1 out of 4 stars)

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Hi, I have just found this thread and I thought I would join in. Last weekend I watched:

Bronson: A biopic about 'the most violent prisioner in Britain', Charlie was convicted of armed robbery in 1974 and given a 7 year sentence, he has now spent over 30 years in solitary confinement due to his behaviour. Excellent film although quite arty in its style, Tom Hardy who plays Bronson is just brilliant in this and his performance makes the film.

Hunger: another biopic this time about IRA prisonner Bobby Sands and his hungerstrike, slightly strange film as there is not much dialogue to it, having said that the imagery is enough to convay the story. Brutal and a little difficult to watch at times, but the lead actor - Micheal Fassbender is excellent.

Both films are harsh but definately worth viewing for adults - both films contain full frontal male nudity (does that make me sound like a perv? I'm not honest!)

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I saw The Proposal and I thought it was hilairious! Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock complimented each other perfectly! I thougt it was great, but not as funny sa the Hangover which I saw earlier this week, but still great none the less. Overall, one of the funniest movies I've seen. When I saw the promos, I thought "They probably showed all the funny parts in the promo." NOT EVEN CLOSE! The sense of humor in this movie catches you off guard and makes you laugh til your sides hurt. 4.5/5.

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

The Hangover- omfg i have not seen a funnier movie in theaters since "Knocked Up"! i was crying from laughing most of the time. Bradley Cooper was delicious in this movie i was so happy to see him (been a fan of his since "Alias"). i laughed so hard when Alan was messing with the baby when they were eating haha. the whole movie from start to finish was brilliant. i cannot wait for this to come out on dvd.

Bringing Up Baby- Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn are in the movie. i was laughing through out this whole movie as well. it's from 1938 and still hilairous. KH plays a person who is totally out of her mind and winds up driving CG out of his mind. if anyone likes Cary Grant in "Arsenic and Old Lace" you will love him in this movie.

Friday the 13th (new one)- i thought this movie was so freakin bad. it was just stupid. my friend is obsessed with the movies and him and my brother had to watch it together. i liked seeing Jared Padaleki from "Supernatural" and Ryan Hansen from "Veronica Mars" as characters but that was it. and the movie was supposed to take place in New Jersey..... anyone who saw this please do not think that was really NJ, yes there are some country places like that here but not a lot.

8. BabaOReilly

Just watched "Inkheart". It was nothing that special, but a nice little Fantasy story nonetheless, if you're like me and you like that sort of thing. The concept was cool. I have a soft spot for Brendan Fraser too. ;)

Helen Mirren was awesome- I hadn't been expecting to see her, so it was a nice surprise- as was Paul Bettany. And the girl who played the daughter was good too. The scenery was pretty, the creatures were decent... all around, not a bad film at all.

9. MakeTracksCowboy

The Proposal= cute, funny and totally predictable. love Sandra Bullock she's always amazing. Betty White was the best part of the whole movie. Ryan Reynolds with no clothes on..... best scene of the movie!!

10. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Crash -

Wow...this movie really shows you what stereotypes do to people. There were so many times in the movie where I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. Definitely watch it if you haven't.

11. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi the last movie i watch was Bedtime Stories it Starred Adam Sandler , Russell Brand and Courtney Cox .

It is a really sweet and funny family Movie :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The Brothers Bloom- 4 out of 4 stars

What an excellent con artist film. The film has a few flaws, such as casting Adrien Brody and Mark Ruffalo as brothers, but the movie's two true gems are Rachel Weisz and Rinko Kikuchi, who both deliver beautiful performances.

The ending is amazing. I won't say much, but when you think you start adding up the numbers, you will find you are sadly mistaken.

13. MakeTracksCowboy

i bought a dvd set with Katharine Hepburn movies, two of the movies i just watched out of the set were "Adam's Rib" and "Woman of the Year", both movies starring with Spencer Tracey.

"Adam's Rib" is a good movie very racey for being made in 1948. Hepburn and Tracey are lawyers as well as husband and wife. they are lawyers in the same case and all this tension happeneds between them. if anyone is a "Singin in the Rain" fan this is a good movie to see Jean Hagen before she was Lina Lamont and Judy Holiday who was the inspiration for the character of Lina.

"Woman of the Year" was ok. Hepburn is a busy society woman who works at a newpaper the same one as Tracey who writes for the sports column. despite their differences they both fall in love but problems start to happen. the ending is pretty good kinda the same as "Adam's Rib."

14. BabaOReilly

Transformers 2: The Fallen. OK, not as good as the first one, but I mean, the element of surprise with the Transformers is gone, so it'd be hard to surprise that much again. And the storyline was a little weak... but I still loved it! :lol: So much action it was insane. For a 2 and a half hour movie, it go go gooooooooes! All your favourite characters are back plus a couple new ones, and Sam's parents amused the hell out of me, as always.

In short, lots of action, angst, epic music, and so on and so forth. If you loved the first one, you're going to at least like this one without a doubt. I gave the first one about a 9.5 out of 10. This one I'd say is around 7.5- 8.

15. BabaOReilly

And now for something completely different.

I just watched the old musical, "Anchors Aweigh" with Frank Sinatra and the original triple threat, Gene Kelly. I've always loved that man- could dance like nobody's business, sing pretty dang well and put Sinatra to shame in the acting department, that's for sure. Aside from the fact that I find the women's singing of that era a trifle... um... shrill would probably be the best way to describe it. :lol:

Anyway, a fun movie, with this bizarre acid trip sequence in the middle where Gene dances with a cartoon mouse (which Family guy totally stole and inserted Stewie into during one episode! Hah!) and tons of singing and dancing. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat Gene. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.