Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

lol, you mean Peter Facinelli?
    who may I add...is a sex god!

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Taken from the beginning of the thread:
    Please keep this in mind when posting. There have been a lot of short posts in here and posts where people aren't even reviewing a movie. So just remember this is the review thread, so it's not that hard to post at least 2 lines, right? :) Thanks.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I just saw "Fast and Furious" and while this is REALLY not my type of film, I really enjoyed the first one when it came out, so I thought, "Ah, what the hell." It turns out it was a good call.

Yeah, this movie isn't deep and existential, but I'm pretty sure anyone who's going to a film like this is just expecting some quality action and not too tedious a plot. They pulled it off on both counts. The action was there from the get go, the characters were on par with what we saw in the first one (I don't count 2 and 3- sorry to anyone who liked those; they were just not my bag baby, although I admit I didn't even see number 3), and it wasn't totally predictable- I'm usually pretty good at reading the direction of the plot, but they threw a couple extra curves in there just to make the drive more interesting. (Like my driving metaphor? :lol: )

Anyhoo, if you really just enjoy a well presented and well executed action yarn, then this movie is for you- especially if you liked the first one. Some movies are just all the more thrilling on the big screen, and this is one of them.

Side note- they showed a trailer for the next Transformers movies and HOLY CRAP that's gonna be somethin'! :D

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

- I Love You Man= it was funny, it had its moments but it wasn't like "Knocked Up" funny. love Paul Rudd though he was adorable in the movie. not a huge fan of Jason Seigl (sp) he was ok. Rashida Jones was adorable as well i liked her parts in the movie.

- Arch of Triumph= old movie with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer. it's set in Paris before WWII breaks out. it was a bit confusing and a little too long for me but it was interesting. both actors were better together in "Gaslight" than in this movie.

- Rear Window= it's a good Hitchcock movie not the greatest but it was interesting. it wasn't very suspensful to me but it had a good story. Grace Kelly was fabulous she looked so beautiful.

- To Catch a Thief= very very well done movie with a good story. the whole time i was watching this movie all i thought was how bad i want to go to the south of France haha.

- Vertigo= ok but a little confusing and a bit too long for me. this is one of the many movie i have to watch over again.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Gran Torino:

Okay... Clint Eastwood, yes dude is a legend but still I don't feel excited about his films... but I saw trailer of this film when I went to see Watchmen and the first line just caught me and I wanted to go to see it right away!

And IMHO, it was a great film - kind of... not too much of action, his character actually wasn't that bad what everyone seemed to think and the ending - well didn't except - even it also gave one "DOH!" moment :lol:

...oh yes.. another movie was Watchmen :p I guess someone who has never read the comics - movie is bit weird - for me it was damn slow and eventually very little happened - and it was almost three hours! But still kind of fascianating (sp?) in its own way. BUt as I said, probably not for those, who haven't paid attention to its origins

6. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

One of my favorite movies that I watch time and time again is Normal Adolescent behavior. It's about a group of friends who are in a monogamous relationship. It was first shown at the Tribeca Film Festival and then had several showings on the Lifetime movie Network. It's one of those movies were you either love it or you hate it. I absolutely love it with a passion!!!:)

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

"Im Juli" (In July). i watched this in my German class. it was alright some parts were really funny. i liked it somewhat just because we didn't have to do anything in class!!

8. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Monsters vs Aliens
    Such a funny movie! I really enjoyed it and laughed so much. The characters were cute and written in an interesting way. B.O.B., of course, was my favorite. When I first saw a preview for it, I didn't know it would be in 3D. The effects were nice, although afterwards my eyes hurt a little.

Bee Movie
    Had never seen it before and never will again! WTH?! :cardie:

Bees are able to talk to humans? Then they find out that humans use their honey...what else to do but sue them? And the bees WIN??? Ridiculous! Okay I understand that the bees are shocked about the way the bees on the honey farms are treated but come on.
    It only had very few scenes that made me laugh.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Adventureland-FUNNY, FUNNY movie. For those of you with a Saturday Night Live type of humor, than I think you will also find it funny. Kristen Stewart annoys the HELL out of me. Her acting techniques drove me up the wall! But other than that, there really isn't much else to say...:) 8 out of 10.

Fast and Furious - Pretty good! I've watched all four movies in the franchise, and I would ahve to say that this was my favorite! Action packed and met my expectations. It had an all new feel to it, yet it felt like the original with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, and Jordana Brewster. Suspense filled and a must see. A 9 out of 10 from this happy movie goer!

10. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

The Hide - this is a British thriller, and it's wonderfully low-key in terms of characters and setting, but incredibly tense. It's about two men who meet in a birdwatching hide. The entire cast is two characters Alex MacQueen and Phil Campbell. MacQueen plays Roy Tunt, a very Britsh, bird-watcher type complete with V-neck sweater, big glasses, packed lunch and flask, and typically Britsh politeness. Campbell plays a slightly chavvy 'geezer' type who appears named Dave, who appears, unexplained, at Roy's hide. Roy's none too pleased at the intrusion, but he does the 'British' thing and invites the guy in and shares his food and tea with him. As the movie progresses, we become aware that something is distinctly 'off' about both men, both have something to hide. As they talk, exchanging life stories we discover both have secrets. Outside, helicopters fly over every now and then, and it becomes clear that they are not just Search and Rescue helicopters, especially when we overhear on Roy's portable walkie talkie/radio that the police are hunting for a killer on the run. One of the men in the Hide is a killer....but which one?
    Okay, so I'd guessed it was Roy. But when he reveals that he killed his wife and her lover (an AA man, I loved that!) and then took them to the chicken paste factory where he used to work and put them through the paste-making machine, and then put them into the sandwiches he gave to Dave....THAT shocked me. The moment when Dave asks Roy where the bodies are, and Roy turns on a lantern and turns to him and says, simply, 'The sandwiches' is pure class. Also, MacQueen brilliantly acts out Roy's transformation from kind-of-pathetic-Roy into -completely-nutso-killer-Roy brilliantly.

11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

17 Again - To be honest, I expected this to be a stupid, cheesy, kid's movie. I only went because I was babysitting my younger cousins and nothing else was appropriate (save Monsters vs Aliens, but they didn't want to see that.)

However, I was pleasantly surprised. While 17 Again is appropriate for kids (probably not younger than 10 though), it is also quite funny and clever, and enjoyable for adults as well. I was surprised how much I was laughing throughout it. I had never seen Zac Efron in a movie but was told he wasn't a very good actor. I thought he did a really great job. I happily recommend this movie to you if you're looking for some laughs.

12. athens

athens Coroner

The last one was Taken.A couple of friends reccommended it and I'm glad I watched it.It was a good movie,with an interesting plotline you wanted to follow and you didn't get bored or tired during the movie.The main character was a bit too strong and powerful however it is a movie,so...

Next one will probably be Monsters vs Aliens.

13. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

The last film I saw was the Haunting in Connecitcut. It was a terrible horror film. The plot was so tedious and boring! For the first hour you see like quick flashes in corners of the houses. *Oh look its an mirror, closes it and see's a dead body for a split second* Then they had this priest (played by Elias Koteas who guest starred in CSI NY) who did a good job but still the movie was poor. Ugh the whole movie was just monotonous.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Oh man. A friend lent me Step Brothers and holy crap! I have been giggling for a couple hours here. Even after it was over.

Was it stupid? Absolutely. Ridiculous and unbelievable? You KNOW it! And I could not stop laughing. :lol:

If you like Will Ferrell and all his craziness, then you should probably check this one out for some more good, stupid fun.

15. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I saw I Love You, Man last night and all I have to say is...that's 2 hours of my life I will never get back. Ugh...I was one long F-bomb dropping borefest for me. I was with a friend or I probably would have left. :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.