Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

the last movie I saw was 'UP' in 3D and I highly recommend it. The 3D affects were amazing, the movie was funny, touching and sad but mostly funny.

2. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I saw Transformers 2 would recommend it special effects were amazing, the plot wasn't the best but was generally good and quite funny actually never seen the first one so can't compare it but I did like it :)

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Great action movie, with some awesome special effects, a must see for any fan of the series. :) Obviously the storyline is somewhat predictable, and at the end it does start to drag on, but none the less, still a very good movie. I would recommend it.

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i love this movie!! i got a Gene Kelly/Frank Sinatra movie pack for Christmas with this movie in it. Gene Kelly is amazing as always with his dancing. i never saw Frank Sinatra in a movie until this one and he was fantastic as well. i read in a book that Gene Kelly used to get a little upset with Frank Sinatra b/c he would almost never reherse before shooting a dancing scene, his dancing is still great even if he didn't reherse.

i will agree with you that Katherine Grayson is very shrill haha. her singing annoyed me in this movie and when i saw her in the Zigfeld Follies movie.

the Gene Kelly/Jerry the Mouse scene is awesome even to this day. yes i saw when Family Guy ripped it off but before that i had never seen the scene. when i watched the real one it blew me away. Gene Kelly really pushed for this scene and got his way in the end.

i love classic movies as some can tell by my past posts. i'm studying film so i watch a lot of the classics.... that and my great grandma loves them and always talks about them so i watch them so we have something to talk about when we see each other.

movies i have watched recently:

Philadelphia Story- movie with Katharien Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart. good movie it was cool to see all these classic actors together. the end was predictable and there are some great scenes throughout the movie.

Psycho- i saw this movie when i was a senior in high school for one of my classes but at the time i didn't appreciate it or like it. but now that i love old movies i watched it on TCM today and loved it. now i know why it's one of the greatest films of all time.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen- awesome movie. i went the to the midnight show with my friends. the action was so cool. i could not believe how funny some parts were they had me hysterical.

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

GoodFellas - I'd been meaning to watch this for such a long time, and only just got around to watching it today. But what can I say? Wow! This has to be one of the greatest gangster movies ever made. The story keeps you holding on, wanting to know what's going to happen next the whole way through, with plenty of twists and turns to keep you interested. Ray Liotta and Robert de Niro are both fantastic throughout. A must for all fans of gangster movies.

6. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Steph, that is so weird. The last movie I saw was Goodfellas :lol:

I personally loved it. I was watching it with my sister and stepbrother and my dad was in the kitchen. He can quote the whole movie so he was quoting a lot >.> I'd never seen it before so it was kind of annoying.

I really liked Ray Liotta's character, Henry Hill. Even though he makes some really, REALLY, stupid choices during the movie, I couldn't help but root for him. I think that's the sign of a good protagonist.

Anyway, I give it a 4 1/2 out 5. The last bit kinda lost my interest, but really a fantastic movie.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Goodfellas is awesome! I believe that may be one of the first films where they used a "Steady Cam" as well- that scene where they're walking into the back of the restaurant, I think, and you're just walking along with them- very cool. Great acting all round. Joe Pesci was good in that one... although it must suck to always excel at playing weasley characters all the time! :lol:

MakeTracks, I've always loved old movies. I remember when I was in my early teens, I went through this Elvis movie phase! :lol: Some were obviously better than others, but I couldn't get enough!

I was so in love with Anchor's Aweigh (hadn't seen it before, strangely enough), I went ahead and watched Singin' in the Rain again- one of my all time favourites. There's a reason why it's in the top 10 of all movies in the big movie guide. Now, my goal is to go out today and find a copy of An American in Paris. If I'd been alive back in the day, I would have been totally and completely in love with Gene Kelly. In fact, I still crush on him everytime I see one of his movies (even Xanadu! :lol: )

I don't know how to describe it... those oldies have dated themes and style, and yet still they make the heart sing when you watch them. Just brilliant.

8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

It was definitely the funniest movie I've seen in theater for a long time. I've already gone to see it 3 times :lol:, and it's still funny.

The Proposal was great. I've seen it twice now. Reynolds and Bullock are just perfect, the comedy is well timed, and the story is well thought out. A+

9. Mirabella

Mirabella Victim

blade 3 i LOVED parker posey,TRIPLE H,jessica biel, RYAN REYNOLDS, and of course Wesley Snipes. still ? y the director picked parker and triple h as a bad vamps

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

My Sister's Keeper- As expected, very sad movie. Anyone who has read the book will know that. The entire cast did a swell job. Bring tissues. It really made me appreciate life. 4.5/5 from me. A must see for anyone who wants a peak into the life of families dealing with childhood illnesses.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i totally agree with you especially with old musicals. i feel so light and care free when i watch old musicals. the classics were made in a time when movies were new and the movie industry had some decencey.

Swing Time- musical/dance movie with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. this is the first movie i have ever seen with this paring. i loved it i thought it was cute. Ginger Rogers was so adorable.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i saw two yesterday - public enemies & sunshine cleaning.

public enemies was truly, truly terrible. it was slow, dull, uninspiring and just generally bad. visually it was quite nice, but there was very little action which was definitely style over substance on that score, with very long gaps of inactivity in between them. when depp and cotillard were having alleged romantic scenes, they'd play this big, over dramatic, hollywood romance music and i sat there thinking "i really don't care about either of these people and since they are only meant to have met 2 minutes ago i doubt they care that much about eachother!" - it was just awful. the other thing about the music was that it never built up, it just went straight for the kill on this big romance music thing when 2 seconds ago they'd just been crossing the street. it was like the director was going "cue dramatic music for no apparent reason". but it did have speedle in it which i found very amusing. really, i'm just very glad i got in free :)

then i saw sunshine cleaning which was just lovely, i really liked it - little miss sunsine is one of my favourite films ever so i pretty much knew i'd like it, it was very similar in tone, just cute and quirky and sweet and "awww" inducing. plus there was an element of crime scene stuff which i obviously quite liked - i was a bit miffed that the crime scene detective was called mac, because he was a total bastard so he was giving mac-named csi detectives a bad rep :scream::scream: the two girls in it worked really well together and were lovely, and the kid was cute too. it managed to be sweet without ever being sickly - i just really liked it :)

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i actually really liked public enemies. it was very visually pleasing, i liked the effect the hand held camera created. made you feel like you were right there.

this movie is not an action movie, as some trailers may make it seem, it is more of a historical drama. from what i have read, they were pretty accurate to the true events, which i appreciate when they make movies based on real people. i thought it was very interesting, but the kind of movie you like once and dont really feel the need to see again.

certainly not johnny depps best performance. he seemed quite flat as dillinger, must have been what the director wanted because johnny is capable of much more emotion than what he put into the role. maybe that is just what the real man was like, i dont know. same with christian bale.

i think a lot of people were just expecting this movie to be something it is not, so i would recommend at least giving it a try.

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

^^
    allmaple I think you said that quite well about Public Enemies. I enjoyed it. And I would certainly recommend the movie as well. I thought Johnny Depp was very good in it.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh yeah, i knew it would be a historical thing rather than an action thing and normally i like historical films (especially when they go to such great lengths to get authenticity), i wasn't really expecting an action film at all, i just felt that what action there was was done in a really pointless way. i'd rather have had better history and no action or better action and no history :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.