Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

The last movie I saw was The Oxford Murders.

The story was really great, it envolves a series of crimes around matematic algoritms and the fixation of a young investigator in one of a scientist celebrity.

The actors were very good and the characters very well developed. Elijah Wood is really good in the movie, as well as Leonor Watling.

2. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Cloverfeild: It's one of those movies you either love or hate. The start was too long and I didn't like the overall style of the film (It was done through a cam corder). The ending was rater umm... sad with the last words being 'I had a good day'. WTF? Honestly people... Save your money and do not watch this movie!!

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

PS: I love you

I liked it. It was a nice story and I actually cried. But Hilary Swank's german vocie was kind of annoying so that took a lot away from the movie. A friend of mine said the book was better but I haven't read the book so I can't say anything about that. If you are a fan of love movies you should watch it. It's such a sweet and sad story!

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

A Knights Tale

Ok, I'll confess that the only movies that I've seen with Heath Ledger are The Patriot and Ten Things I Hate About You. When I sat down and started to watch A Knight's Tale I admit it was strange hearing We Will Rock You playing during the jousting match and watching the crowd singing along with it, but that's why I like the movie so much. It's nice to have a even misture of happy and sad parts in a movie to balance it out, having the mixture of seriousness with a touch of comedy was a great mix, that made the movie a pleasure to watch. Heath Ledger was such a great actor and I still can't believe that he's gone and I will miss him dearly.

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

I thought that the movie was amazing! I've already went and saw it twice and I'm going again with my sister sometime.
    At first I thought that it was going to be really lame because it was a sequel. I've probably seen the first one a hundred times or more (not kidding) and I didn't think this one could stand up to it, but it really suprised me. There's a lot of action and quite a bit of humor. Anyways, it was good, but I also love Nicholas Cage, so that may have affected my judgement a little...

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Cloverfield

I went to see this tonight, and I was very impressed. It takes such a simple concept (a monster disaster movie filmed with a camcorder by someone caught in the thick of it) and executes it brilliantly. I didn't care much for the characters (though I got the impression we weren't supposed to), but it is relentless, edge of the seat action (after the first introductory 15 mins). It's very bleak, and there are quite a few reminiscent 9/11 type moments, but it was a real rollercoaster, and very exciting to watch.

A tip for those who suffer with motion sickness, is to sit further away from the screen. I had heard of people feeling really nauseous watching it, and wondered if it would effect me, as I am prone to motion sickness, but I was fine throughout.

8 out of 10. :D

7. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

27 Dresses

I thought over all it was a really good movie. It was funny, sweet and sad at times, and the guy that plays in it is a total babe.

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

No country for old men.
    Great movie, way too violent but thrilling.
    I hope Javier Bardem wins the Oscar this time (btw, what a horrible haircut, ewwww).

9. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Cloverfield

I am one of those people. Didn't even get to the end of the film as it made me feel so bad. Saying that I wasn't that impressed. The characters were annoying and you just couldn't gel with any of them. The alien reminded me of Godzilla. I think I'll try and watch it again when it's on DVD. A smaller screen may help.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Yeah, I pretty much figured I wouldn't be able to watch it on the big screen. I had to leave The Blair Witch Project about half an hour in and I quickly went to the bathroom and...uh... lost my popcorn. Bleh!

Although I have a friend that doesn't get motion sickness and he watched it and thought all the hand-held shakiness sort of took away from the movie; he found it distracting. I'd still like to see it on DVD though.

11. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

This wasn`t the best movie that I had see, but was something different and I can say that I like it. The plot line was simple - primitive human reaction/action/panic. All this tension/exertion on the screen make u almost feel it. No heros, no happy end.. just someone reality ... stay very good/true for me.. and exactly the shake camer effect make the movie worthy to watch.. little run away from all this cliche/stereotype in Hollywood from the last years...

12. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Exactly. It was certainly different. I tend to agree with most of the points made in this review: bbc.co.uk/films/cloverfield. I was pleased to see it get a positive press here in the UK. The critics seem to like it, which makes a change!

13. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

The last movie that I watched was called "century Hotel"

It has a few big name people in there,
    Colm Feore, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace), and Chantal Kreviazuk.

Its based around this one room in the hotel and several things happen in the room. It takes you through I guess you could say different centuries and how this room has meaning.
    It is a Canadian movie, filmed in toronto. It's actually not a bad movie, just keep your remote handy ;)
    but other than that, this movie has great potential and i would love to see a big director re-create this movie and fill in the holes of the story line, and put a more creative input into the movie, although this movie is good-- but it could have been better!

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Juno

Not a bad movie, but I didn't like it. I guess I just didn't see what everyone else seems to be raving about. I didn't like the attitudes (teenage attitude) and the whole pregnancy seemed to be a bad joke to everyone--well almost everyone. I don't know maybe its just me.

15. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

A part of Saw 2
    I didn't see the first 40 minutes (lol), but honestly, the remaining part was lame. I loved Saw 1, it was perfect. But I guess they've gone too far with this one. It's too complicated. Too many flashbacks, too much blood.

Actually I LOVED that they ended up where they were in Saw 1.

A part of Halloween
    It was ridiculous :D I loved the scene with the two Michael Meyers. I was laughing so hard :lol: Was he supposed to be frightening? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.