Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

cathwillows, please remember to use a spoiler box if you're giving away any specific details about the movie like deaths, the end, etc. because they're considered spoilers. Thanks. ;)

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Oh sorry, I didn't even think of that. I didn't think there was much to give away of that movie :p
    I'll remember to use them next time!

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:D Yes, he was kinda creepy in That 70's Show but in a cute kind of way! If that makes any sense :lol: But :eek: Him as Eddie/Venom, something about the blonde hair was so hot! Anyways, I'll review the last film I saw!

Fools Gold

I'll admit I don't like romantic comedies! But this one I could actually tolerate. To tell the truth though, I kind of thought it was weird that Matthew McConaughey's character was named Ben and in the last film he was in with Kate Hudson, who plays Tess in the film, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days I kept looking for Kate's character to say, Benny Benny Boo Boo :rolleyes: To me the film was better than I expected.

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I just saw Stardust and really enjoyed watching it too. It wasn't so stupid and cliche but had elements that made it a fun and enjoyable movie. It was definately worth the money I rented it for :)

5. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

It's an older movie, but my friends and I watched it last night. "The Shinning", with Jack Nicholson. I've always loved this movie, it's very well done, and Stephen King, really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat:eek:. It's a movie I would highly recommend anyone to rewatch, it's well worth it, just to see Jack go insane.

6. future_cop

future_cop Lab Technician

I'm late on watching it Dejavu

I have to say the movie was just wow I loved it.I was on the edge of my seat through the whole movie.I couldn't take my eyes away from it.Denzel Washington is a really great actor and I have to say he portrayed his character perfectly.

7. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

The last film I saw was "Right At Your Door" with Rory Cochrane and Mary McCormack. The plot is very interesting and it has a lot of twist and turns. At the end its very surprising. Rory's character gets very emotional and cries a lot throughout the movie so if you want to see Rory crying, well this is the movie to see. :thumbsup:

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Horton Hears a Who

Another good Seuss movie. I liked the book as a child and found the movie cute. Jim Carrey did great as the voice of Horton. Of course I will never forget this story as long as I live due to our science teacher reading it to us (BTW we were in 10th grade at the time) just to make the point that just because you cannot see something that it doesn't mean it does not exist. Of course he was reffering to atoms at the time but still it sticks with ya.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I saw Semi-Pro on Monday.

To be honest, whilst I thought that Anchorman was OK, I'm not really a fan of that kind of comedy, or of Will Ferrell. And you need to love those to really get this film. So, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I totally loved it! It was hilarious, but so completely random at the same time. It definitely would appeal to Will Ferrell fans, but if you like randomness then you will probably like it too. Plus my husband and I were the only two people in the cinema watching it, so we had the whole screen to ourselves, and we laughed very loudly all the way through. :D :lol:

10. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Last night my kids and I watched "White Chicks", with the Wayans bros, and I tell you we've never laughed so hard in our lives. Shawn and Marlon are detectives that dress up as women, pretending to be Brittany and Tiffany Wilson, not to give to much of the movie away, but Latrell, a black man, who thinks he's white, ends up winning one of the Wayans, and all the trouble they get into too. It's an all around great comedy, full of laughs, from begining to end. It also has a great cast of actor's. One movie I'd recommend:thumbsup:

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I Know Who Killed Me

I knew it was going to be bad. I mean a horror movie with Lindsay Lohan. But the minute I heard that people were laughing at the screenings I knew I had to see it when it was out on DVD. Yesterday was that special day :p

Worst. Movie. Ever. The whole movie was very choppy. It was full unnecessary scenes that had NOTHING to do with the plot. While watching the movie you're either confused or you know exactly what's going to happen. Although it's mostly confused I felt. What story line they did have was again choppy and VERY inconsistent. The writing was horrid and was full of awful one liners and the acting not much better. And honestly when you laugh through an entire horror movie you know it wasn't all that great.

As horrible as this movie was I suggest everyone see it at least once just once. It's pure comic genius. Although some of the scenes are quite graphic and Lindsay's pole "dancing" is...:wtf: at best.

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Last film I saw was 27 Dresses. I totally loved it! Had me laughing like crazy! Judy Greer was so hilarious as Katherine Heigl's best friend and James Marsden really looked amazing. Edward Burns was good in his supporting role as well. The only thing that ruined it for me was the actress who played Tess (Katherine's character's sister). She was such a ham...couldn't act to save her life. Aside from that, it was such a hilarious and romantic movie. :D

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

The Number 23 - good. I mean, the way they managed to 'prove' that 'everything = 23' was a bit of a stretch, but not bad. A decent psychological thriller.

14. garysloveslave

garysloveslave Dead on Arrival

the last movie i saw was on the sci/fi channel and it was called "rock monster". it was boring and dumb,lol. the special effects were ok for a " B movie" but i defenitly do not recommend anyone wasting their time with it. well, unless you need some help getting to sleep,lol. :p

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

The last film that I saw was a week ago it was called.

The Cottage.

Basically its a small British film, in which a failed kidnapping takes a turn for the worse.... It had gore in it, laughs... Well I laughted not to sure if I was meant to...

Brilliant. For anyone who wants to see it did remind me of The League of Gentlemen- with no surprise there because it stared Reese Shearsmith- who also stared in The League of Gentlemen.

The cottage will be avaliable in the America but straight to dvd from April 29th according to the IMDB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.