Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

No problem. Thanks.

The Hills Have Eyes 2

I watched this really late at night, at like 3am in the dark so it was creepy, but I must say I laughed a lot in this movie. It just seemed really fake so I had a hard time taking it seriously. Super gory but I like gory movies so. The one scene with that girl was horrible though. The rest was just really funny, in my opinion. :p

2. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Juno

I went and I saw Juno New Years Eve. I loved it it was such an amazing film. The cast was perfect and the dialog was great. I especially loved Ellen Page in the Role of Juno, just the way she pulled off her lines. I though she was brilliant overall in it. And Michael Cera was adorkable :p

3. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Jackass 2.5

This movie was lots of things. Gross. Too Short. And I've seen some of the stuff done before. so it's wasn't as good. There was tons of nuidty, overall, i don't know if I would buy this one, it wasn't as good as the other ones.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I agree. I saw this movie the other day and I was quite impressed. I like Will Smith anyway, but knowing what the premise of the film was I did wonder if he could pull off essentially being the only person left. But he did, and I think the film did a really great job of portraying him as a caring, grief stricken, desperate and lonely man.
    that at some point the dog would die, but it was so sad when it happened and I did really feel for Will Smith's character at that point.
    It was quite a clever plot too, and filmed very well. The deserted New York was interesting, and the fact that the film only showed parts of what happened in the preceding years so much was left up to the imagination. It was much better than expected and although I was disappointed a little with the ending, I think I will definitely watch it again when it comes out on DVD. :)

Edited to add in spoiler box.

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I too saw I Am Legend. At first I didn't like it but as I got to thinking about it, I realized I want to see it again.

that something would eventually get the dog. You have to have a tear jerker somewhere. Of course that was the last straw for the character and that is when it really gets going in the movie.

I also watched Knocked Up for the first time. That is a good movie and I liked how they played it out. Personally I don't care for much of the F-word in movies and alot of the dialogue could have been left out. But in the whole it is a good movie.

I also watched I Know Who Killed Me. This movie I found quite boring and slow..very slow. I even fast forwarded through parts just to get the idea of it. I guess it makes sense in the end but they should have done it different.

Edited to add in spoiler code.

6. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Missing and Elsie, I added in spoiler boxes because you posted spoilers.

Taken from the beginning of the thread:

Please everyone bare this in mind. Thanks. :)

7. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I really want to see I Am Legend, it looks amazing. Maybe I'll go and see it sometime next week.

The last film I saw was another Will Smith film, The Pursuit of Happiness. I wasn't that crazy about seeing it; I bought it as a Christmas present for my mum, and was bored, but I loved it. I thought his son was really good, and the film was great. Will Smith was fantastic as usual. I would definitely recommend it.

8. Calihan

Calihan Captain

The Island

Not really my type of movie and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I thought it had a pretty interesting plot and trying to figure out what their existence was about was interesting which I didn't expect. I thought it'd be one of those things where the viewers know but watch them figure out which wouldn't be as interesting. The characters and their interactions was fascinating especially when the clones were in the real world.

Entrapment

Great flick I love the ending where you find out everything isn't as it seems but then there's more to it. The actors played off each other well and it was engrossing to watch highly recommended.

The Simpsons Movie

Not a huge fan of the show but I thought the movie was pretty funny in some parts. Also pretty uninteresting in parts as well. The scenes with President Schwarzenegger were pretty good and the fact that he was an action movie start turned president was clever.

Charlie Wilson's War.

Great flick the acting is great and the plot was interesting and it has a message about our priorities which I liked and hope people think about. Also had a few great lines that were light hearted which to me just made it a good balance between serious drama with a small dose of humor. Highly recommend

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I Am Legend

I read a lot for this movie - good and bad comments, so in the end and I decide to watch it. What can I say.. ..yep, Will Smith do more then great job, but as a whole for me this film was a lot slow as story line and in the end I feel bored. Or maybe just not my type of movie - who know. :rolleyes:

10. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I just got back from I Am Legend.

Very good movie, very intense. Overall I really liked it. Will Smith did a fantastic job. You really have to like action movies, though, to appreciate this film because there is definitely a lot in it.

11. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

This is England.
    Interesting movie, the kid did a great job.
    But I don't know if I found disturbing or unbelievable the mom being cool with his kid being babysitted by a gang of skinheads. :eek:

I'd also watched a couple of Tim Burton's movies:

Corpse Bride.
    Stunning animation, spooky but awesome. I really enjoyed it. I hope he'll make more animation films like this one and "The Nightmare before Christmas".

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Despite the supercliche kids and being traumatised by how they made the whipped cream... :eek: :lol: I had much fun watching it.

I think Sweeney Todd premieres here like on February, but I have the feeling that is too gore for me.

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

P.S. I Love You

Such a great movie. Personally I didn't really care to see this but my friend wanted too and I am so glad I went. I really didn't pay attention to the previews but the ones I saw didn't do it justice. I thought it was well written and the cast was great. I highly recommend seeing this film.

13. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Empire Records
    I really liked this movie mainly because the characters really didn't care what people thought of them and did whatever they wanted to do. It was really cool also to see different actors together because they all are now going in their separate directions and do different kinds of work.

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Just watched Juno.

It was AWESOME. I love Ellen and Michael. Both Canadian. :D They did a really good job. I loved the banter between them and they were so adorable. It was funny, sarastic, cute. Definitely would recommend seeing it.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

HairSpray--EXCELLENT movie. John Travolta was great as Tracey's mom. Everyone did an amazing job. Zac Effron was adorable and the girl playing Tracey was so cute!!!

Sweeny Todd-The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I've never seen the theatre version so I can't compare it, but I think it was a GREAT movie. Johnny's singing was perfect for the film and gave it the dark and moody tone it needed. Tim Burton did an awesome job and Helen Bonham Carter was great, her singing was average, but again this is a movie so you don't need to sing in a way to ensure the very last row hears you. I liked it a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.