Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

Well I read over at Zap2It that CSI got 21 million and Grey's got 13 million. Do clip shows ever do well?

SarahVMA why were the Grey fans upset. I don't know if they show different promos at different times of the day but the ones I saw showed it as being a clip show. And I think there was mention about a music video. If they are true fans then they know Shonda Rhimes (is that her last name?) doesn't give anything away. Anyway, I think the ratings prove that people knew what to look forward to.

Well I read over at Zap2It that CSI got 21 million and Grey's got 13 million. Do clip shows ever do well?

ARGH.

Well, considering that Grey's got a 5 million viewer raise, that's not bad for CSI to pretty much stay put. I knew GA fans would be "lured". lol.

Aah, well.

It is what it is, right?

Well, the good news is that its ratings did go up from last week's 12.9/21.

CBS improved to 13.4/21 at 9 p.m. with "CSI," the night's most-watched show.

Okay, this is weird. This is what Marc Berman posted for CSI:

CBS veteran CSI rose to a hefty 14.4/22 at 9 p.m.

I don't know if he got it wrong. It's possible.

Looks like CSI did excetly what I thought it was gonna do. And this was pretty much a CSI clip show IMO, recapping the Mini Killer till now.

Well Zap2It had the fast nationals if that makes a difference.

True, and it probably does, but Marc Berman has always been a more reliable resource overall.

Since the networks care more about ratings than audience numbers, I think they'll likely be pleased with either.
ETA

Oh! I see what you're reading. Those aren't audience counts. They're ratings.
The out of/21 doesn't necessarily denote how many people were actually watching. That's a separate figure.

Sarah, if Marc Berman's numbers are right, that is extrodinary for CSI. That means 22% of all people watching TV last night were watching CSI, and the rating of 14.4 is very good. Hopefully they are correct.

Sarah, if Marc Berman's numbers are right, that is extrodinary for CSI. That means 22% of all people watching TV last night were watching CSI, and the rating of 14.4 is very good. Hopefully they are correct.

If he's correct, and honestly I think that he might not be (sorry), but IF he is, this could be anywhere from about 23-24 million viewers. *yay* lol.

One thing I don't like about zap2it is that they're always very dismissive of CSI's wins. When Grey's wins and CSI isn't on, it's always like "Glory for ABC". When it's CSI, it's "The Eye Wins an Easy Night". Like, wtf?

Maybe they have an agreement with ABC or something. Like a lot of magazines or websites that have affiliation with certain companies like Time Warner for example, will plug and stand up for their programs, and put competing companies and programs down. I have no idea if this is the case, just speculation.

Totally confused now. I thought the number after the slash was was the audience number.

The audience after the slash is the Share, and that stands for the number of televisions watching a program with it turned on, compared to the rating which stands for the total televisions in the U.S. watching a show, whether turned on or not.

Totally confused now. I thought the number after the slash was was the audience number.

This is why I don't bother with ratings. lol. No - the audience number is a separate figure. What the number after the dash is, as mrb105 stated (because she knows more about this than I do, which means she knows something at all about this. lol.) is the percentage of people who watched that night. So CSI got 21% of the viewers.

Maybe they have an agreement with ABC or something. Like a lot of magazines or websites that have affiliation with certain companies like Time Warner for example, will plug and stand up for their programs, and put competing companies and programs down. I have no idea if this is the case, just speculation.

I've noticed a lot of GA banners and stuff on Zap2it, so it makes sense. I think people just don't think CSI should do this well in its seventh season.

To give an example of what I'm talking about, here was their secondardy heading for CSI:

A full night of original programming gave CBS -- led as usual by "CSI" -- an easy ratings win on Thursday.

it just sounds kind of dismissive.

Hey Sarah, I hate to break this to you, but don't let the icon and banner fool you, because I don't think Nick is hot (I'm not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that), but just a fan of his personality which supposivly reminds my friends of me, but I am a guy, not a female. Honest mistake, it is alright. Oh and my knowledge of the ratings comes from my minor in broadcasting, which was formaly my major but I just switched yesterday.

Hey Sarah, I hate to break this to you, but don't let the icon and banner fool you, because I don't think Nick is hot (I'm not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that), but just a fan of his personality which supposivly reminds my friends of me, but I am a guy, not a female. Honest mistake, it is alright. Oh and my knowledge of the ratings comes from my minor in broadcasting, which was formaly my major but I just switched yesterday.

lmao. You're like John, huh? Riding on the coattails of the hot CSIs to impress the ladies?

Sorry 'bout the gender-bender, mrb.

Thanks mrb105 and sarahvma.

No problem. Hope I didn't come off "Ratings time with Professor Sarah" I'm out to lunch on this stuff too.

Okay - Futon Critic has CSI at 13.4/22. So no one source has the same number, which is weird. The /22 is important, however. The number after the slash boosts numbers more than the one before, from what I can see from my chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back