Ratings: CSI vs ...

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Waiting, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if someone has started this thread already!!!!

ANyhow...is anyone else frustrated with the fact that Grey's Anatomy is beating CSI on the ratings? Its frustrating to me, and the funny thing is I do like Grey's Anatomy, but I don't think it's better than CSI.

I guess people like to see people sleep around with people they work with...or just have multiple partners. The show is almost more of a who "DID WHO" than a doctor's show. Right off the bat you have 3 sets of couplings that work together. (Merridith & Derrek; Christina & Burke; and Izzi & Alex)!!!

Ewww...sorry for the venting, but I just needed to. So if your a big CSI fan, and you happen to like both shows, but prefer CSI...please be sure you have your channel on CBS!!!

I just can't fatham a show like Grey's being able to pull the curtain from under this show. :mad:

*Edited: To change the title of thread to expand on the conversation.

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

Ok first off I will say yes it is frustrating to see Grey's beating CSI week in and week out. Some people refer to Grey's Anatomy as the show to watch if you aren't smart enough to watch CSI. But let me explain something to you about the ratings, you having your tv on CBS does nothing for the ratings. The ratings are only taken from 5,200 households across the country and comes out to about 30,000 people. Nielsen puts people meters on televisions and have the people log in and out, that is how the ratings are measured. Therefore the number it comes out to is just an estimate of those 30,000 people or so. I hope I'm not losing you, it is a complicated subject. So even though CSI loses the ratings each week, it doesn't necessarily mean that Grey's has more viewers each week, and you watching CSI doesn't go into the ratings at all. With that said, give Grey's another season of dramatic crap and CSI will be back on top. Those soap opera storylines on an ER rip off can only last so long.

3. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Yeah I understand the ratings in the sense they basically use a sample, and samples can be misconstrued.

I agree with you regarding Grey's...it is basically stuff that is already chewed, and that is why it is so frustrating. I guess I just want CSI to remain on the top like it has!!!!!!!

4. dancingqueen

dancingqueen Hit and Run

here in Canada, CTV has rights to both shows and so there's no competition. But you're right, I personally don't get G.A., but that's me.

Than again, you gotta know that other people are saying "I just don't get CSI, it's all about violence and blood and death, Grey's Anatomy is so much better"...it's really just a matter of preference.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

It's funny because on the west coast, advertising for GA is EVERYWHERE, yet they're still really low in the ratings.

6. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Regardless of where CSI stands in relation to GA, it is a solid show and they won't dump it because GA can out rate by a tad on occasion.

CSI is the flagship show of the CBS network. Without it, they're toast.

Don't worry.

7. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I couldn't agree more.

Besides, ratings are just numbers. They don't mean anything.
    CSI has been on the top for 7 years. It would take something really big to dethrone it -I don't see that happening anytime soon :p
    GA is the newbie -the first years people are always enthusiastic about a new show, because it's new. But what's tough is endurance, being able to last, and be good as good as at the beginning. CSI won that bet a long time ago ... too soon to tell for GA. Time will tell.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey Waiting there is a "ratings" topic on the Tv/Media thread!!! so this should probably go on there ;)and the actual numbers are posted there as well ;)it's a close race!! "GA" beat two week's ago, then one week ago CSI beat, and this last on "GA" again, so if you want you can go look at all the shows ratings!!!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

GA is a really good show and quite funny.

CSI has been at the top for a long time and its achilles heal was its lack of character development. Sooner or later a show was going to come along and succeed in that area which GA does.

Nothing stays at the top forever folks. Every product has its life cycle.

Having said that, I still prefer CSI.

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

No, according to Nielsen Media CSI has lost to G.A. all three weeks so far, hopefully tonight will change.

11. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Hmmmm, I don't know. Even though CSI isn't #1 in the ratings anymore -for now, it's still in the top 3 ... the exception proves the rule: you can stay on top forever :D ;)

12. Nish

Nish Hit and Run

From what I recall CSI has lost to GA in the coveted 18-49 age group but won the over all ratings race two out of three weeks.

13. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

You are right Nish...they came on top for the second episode when people stayed tuned to see what happened to Catherine.

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

I was upset and a bit shocked about the ratings but i just got over it. This season GA and CSI will be heads in heads with the ratings. But i still think that CSI will come at the top at the end.

My bet will be that GA will be #1 new drama show behind the scenes

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

hahah...are you refering to fight!!!! Hahaha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.