Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

xfcanadian said:

:lol: :lol: I'm commin' to get ya ;) Actually someone on this board is in one of my university classes this semester, and that poster mentioned it on the board. What are the chances!

:lol: that would be me :lol:

the thing with the ratings is, they have been consistently lower for all episodes compared to last year but no other show is getting numbers as high as season 6 (greys got close once i think) so whoever has left they all arent going to one particular show because nothing else scripted is doing as well as csi this year (when they count repeats)

is it kind of sad? yeah, i know wed all like csi to have 30 million viewers again. but is the show in any danger because of ratings? no. sure, they are pretty bad compared to previous years, but against other shows this year they are high. i think the market this year and last has been flooded with higher quality shows, over the last few years every other show was crap. so i think people are just getting spread out more with their viewing than before. and im sure the other factors that shall remain nameless have played a part for some, but not all 8 million :p

It is pretty sad that we are getting upset over the ratings drop, when they are still pulling in 22 mil. I guess its because it happened in a short time. But it isn't caused by one thing...

Rick Mercer! Love him...

I guess its not that strange to find nerdy obsessive csi fans in a human genetics class, since we are all a bunch of nerds ;) I am so shy, I didn't really talk to anyone, even one girl who mentioned CSI in my lab...

xfcanadian said:
I didn't really talk to anyone, even one girl who mentioned CSI in my lab...

well i can tell you that wasnt me. if it isnt 'is this seat taken?' i dont talk to people in lab :lol:

its funny how drawn in we all get to a show. as if being obsessed with the characters and actors wasnt bad enough, now we get obsessed with how many people watch every week! :eek: :lol:

and no one lie, you all do it, when the ratings come out and we beat greys you think 'yay! woohoo!' but if we lost you think 'dammit' and get a little upset :lol: i know i sure as heck do.

lol. I always feel... miffed when we lose to GA, sure. But only because I know how much GA sucks this year, and really doesn't deserve to be winning. Love Season 7, hate Season 7, it will still not even begin to approach the asstasity of Grey's Anatomy Season 3. It's like bizzaro world.

I swear to you that Derek is just going to wake up in the shower and Sue-Ellen (I mean Meredith) is going to hear all about this bizzare dream where Cristina got her ass grabbed, and Meredith and her mother met on the spirit plane, and Izzie became a complete and total douche and George bagged more women than anyone else.

And she'll pat his arm reassuringly and tell him that couldn't possibly be, because Grey's Anatomy is a quality award-winning show.

*coughs*

So... yeah. lol.

I guess part of the reason I don't think CSI has jumped the shark, or why I'm not overly concerned with the ratings (though I do enjoy reporting them) is because I see what's happening over at the Anatomy, and compared to that? This might as well be the most wonderful season that every graced television. lol.

Yes I am the same way, if CSI loses I get a little edgy, and when they win I feel good. I think it is because I have one friend that watches CSI, and only when I pester him to watch it, my little brother watches it and my other 500 friends all watch Grey's, including my Mom and my sister. And as much as it is talked about, it is awesome to see CSI kick its ass, when all these people have prolly never gaven CSI a chance.

And my Mom hates CSI for some reason, a little too gory for her, so the other day when she was whining to me about how my little bro made her watch the first couple minutes, and she was disgusted and complained about the "brain on drugs thing," I told her not to talk bad about my boy Grissom, and it is fun to say to her, "you do know CSI has had more viewers then Grey's Anatomy this year right?" OHHHHHH Did that Feel Good. Thank god for the repeats!!!

I am even worse...i won't watch any shows that compete with my favorite shows. I don't like Greys, even though I have never watched it. When xfiles was on, I wouldn't watch Buffy, or Dark Angel, since there was always fan wars between the shows. Also Law and Order, since they kept beating xfiles for awards at the time...

sarahvma said:
Wouldn't you consider that as a fact, as it's coming from the showrunner herself?

It is opinion that it has *become* the Grissom and Sara show.

Let me ask you this: what show in TV history has revealed a couple and not had them kiss 19 episodes after it is revealed? Or shown them in bed together? In the shower? In the bath? At a restaurant? On a date?

My point is that they have shown us little glimpses, but those glimpses have never been particularly long or involved scenes. Arguably the most "GSR-centric" scene was the shaving one, and that lasted 25 seconds.

25 seconds out of a 44 minute show.

They don't work together in the episode, and there is only a head-tilt earlier from Sara that in any way implies Grissom, when Warrick asks her about her current choice in men.

A "Grissom and Sara Show" would mean that every episode had some big or at least longer than 25-second clip with them. What it feels like right now, from my perspective, is that they're doing the littlest amount that they can given the fact that they are addressing a relationship between two lead characters.

And I think that the problem with continually arguing that GSR caused the ratings fall, or that it's taking over the show, is that there are so many people here on this board who are against it. And yet... they still watch. Not only that, but another leading theory was that it was only the "younger viewers" who wanted to see GSR, and in actuality it's the younger viewers who turned to GA instead. The older viewers have, for the most part, stayed.

So if the people who really hate it are still watching, and the younger audience that the people who hated it claimed were the only ones interested are NOT watching, doesn't it seem likely that GSR had less to do with it than Grey's? Otherwise, 19-49 numbers should be up compared to 25-54s and the antis should have stopped watching the show.

HMMM, I wonder if fans of CSI are this worried and concerned that Horatio got married , and that Mac has a girlfriend, and it's featured them kissing.. does that bother anyone?.. I think it adds to the spice of the show, and "GA" OMG kissy/huggy all over the place, and 30 second snippets of this couple do not make it the Grissom and Sara show.. to me, my view, is that the show is evolving and changing for the better.. people want personal lives as well as the DNA..forensic.. blood spatter.. etc side.. and once again, if WP didn't want the show to go this route, he, being one of the producers (and even got 6 week's off to do a play} it wouldn't!!..he's got clout.. and this is what he wants! so, I, as a fan, love & admire him and want what he wants!! and to me it's a beautiful thing ;)

From Zap 2 It:

At 9 p.m., "CSI" drew the night's biggest audience, scoring a 12.9/21 for CBS. ABC moved up to second with a "Grey's Anatomy" rerun, 5.8/9. The conclusion of "30 Rock," "Scrubs" and a few minutes of "Andy Barker, P.I." combined for a 3.3/5 on NBC. A pair of "Family Guy" reruns on FOX scored a 2.9/5. The CW went with a "Supernatural" rerun.

HMMM, I wonder if fans of CSI are this worried and concerned that Horatio got married , and that Mac has a girlfriend, and it's featured them kissing.. does that bother anyone?

yes, actually those storylines were and still are debated amoung the fans. But miami and ny were always more about the personal storylines than vegas. So its not that strange. But a lot of miami fans did NOT like that Horatio storyline. It is just strange, how after 6 seasons, they hit us with this. It didn't evolve, it was more like getting hit with a sledge hammer. That doesn't help with ratings, when a show changes suddenly.

I didn't like the Horatio storyline either. But not because I'm against romance on CSI in principle... it was just badly plotted and badly acted. However, DC drives me up the wall, so maybe you should take my opinion with a grain of salt.... ;)

While we are waiting for the final results, can we start the betting for this week? Are they going head to head with a new Grey's or no??

Nope. It's not a GA re-run, it's this thing ABC does where they recap the whole season up till now for any new viewers or people who might have missed a couple.

It's a strategy they've used for the past couple of years now, and while helpful, it doesn't seem to have really won them any new Lost or Desperate Housewives viewers. So I think it's a bit of a failed gimmick at this point.

As am I. Hopefully people were right about them not promoting CSI enough, and then them getting hit by Easter weekend.

Either way, I went for 24. I'll be interested to see how American Idol does this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back