Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

Ooooops. Thanks for the correction. Gotta get these old-geezer glasses replaced.

It's a link I've never posted before, but I only used it because none of the usual ones that show the top 20 had them posted yet. Totally understandable, and sorry if I came off bitchy in any way.

^ No problem. Even I screw up once in a millenium. :rolleyes:

lol. Mais non!

I can't honestly remember what other re-runs have gotten, but it wouldn't surprise me if this last one was a little higher than usual, if only because it was the episode with the lowest amount of viewers this season on its first run (barring the Thanksgiving special).

Since Tuesdays and Wednesdays are going to be big competition for both shows on the weekly charts, it might be interesting to note that American Idol's numbers have gone down again after Tuesday's show (last week's Tuesday to this week's Tuesday: from ratings points of 17.1 to 16), though the men are supposed to suck right now, so that might just be because people would rather watch the girls. And House's numbers are also starting to lower (slightly) after the initial huge AI boost.

Full report from Zap2it HERE

I'll have the update for the women shortly.

ETA

Another ratings drop for the women as well

Last week: 17.5/26
This week: 16.7/26

I'm thinking TiVo is really screwing up the Nielsen ratings. lol.

Some potentially aggrivating news: "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" will retain its Thursday 9pm slot.

Identical ratings for this week as last week - 10.1/16.

The Grey's Anatomy rerun went down from a 7.2/12 to 5.8/9. Both were up against the new hit "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader", which apparently will NOT continue on at a 9pm timeslot, and will just get American Idol's current spot now that they're in the Top 12.

American Idol was up, slightly from last week.

CSI was in eighth place for the week with 15.451 million viewers overall. It was a repeat of Burnout.

They are now in fourth place over Grey's Anatomy for the season as a whole. They are tied with the Dancing With the Stars Results Show, and Grey's is now in sixth.

The two American Idols and the Dancing With the Stars show itself are above CSI, making CSI the #1 scripted show on TV.

CSI got up over Grey's on the latests results in Australia. It was "Fannysmackin'" vs "Sometimes a Fantasy", and "Fannysmackin'" took the prize. You could say I'm happy. Details can be found on the latest OzTAM report

That's cool about Australia - didn't GA win last week?

Even though it was on a completely different time and day, CSI still got 6.0/10 for a repeat of A Bullet Runs Through It Part 1 last night, winning the 10pm timeslot and this is also a higher number than last week's repeat of Grey's Anatomy on its normal day and time.

The two American Idols and the Dancing With the Stars show itself are above CSI, making CSI the #1 scripted show on TV.
YAAAY! thanks sarah for that info. it's completely awesome. i'm so happy, finally some good news. we're still kicking butt.

and it's so great we win the reruns. ABRTI's are memorabable eps.

sarahvma said:
That's cool about Australia - didn't GA win last week?

Grey's did indeed win last week and won easily. This week CSI actually made it up into the top 3. Last week it didn't even make the top 10 while Grey's had the #3 position. Although CSI did get some pretty good advertising for "Fannysmackin'" - and everyone here loves Greg.

Edit: Just wanted to point out that the Australian rating system shows the top programs for the entire week on all free-to-air networks. The general public can't access the daily summaries.

Grey's ratings went down from 17.5/25 for their last new episode to 14.6/23 for last night's.

Only one show was also aired during the 9pm timeslot that wasn't a re-run, and it was the premiere of the Andry Richter P.I. program.

A site says that they got roughly 22.38 million for last night. See Chart HERE!

*EDITED: Chart exceeded Max pic posting size of 400x400 so it was made into a URL Link.*

Grey's came in third place last week with 22.677 overall. The Tuesday CSI repeat didn't make the list.

Having said that, even with their new episode, Grey's still has not managed to overtake CSI as the number one scripted show on TV.

This week, Grey's is airing another new episode, and CSI will again be absent due to March Madness (ABRTI Pt. 2 on tonight, though).

Empty Eyes is airing next Thurs and will hopefully get good advertising due to March Madness, because they did a ton last weekend for NCIS, CSI: Miami, and The Unit as I've been following the tournment closely

I think that with the scheduling the way it is, Grey's is airing a new one in two days, and then Empty Eyes will be up against a GA repeat. But don't hold me to that - it sounds like ABC recently shifted its plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back