Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

The Futon Critic has the numbers as this:

Grey's had a rating of 17.1 with a share of 26 and CSI: had a rating of 13.0 with a 19 share. That means Grey's is up from last week by 1.1 rating and CSI is down .8 from last week.

They just had the reduce the price of the Grey's Anatomy DVDs in Australia again. They're just not selling. CSI, on the other hand, is sold out. Especially season 4. Very hard to get, that one.

Now, the official ratings guide for Australia has been released that shows where Grey's and CSI were for their season openers. The OzTAM guide can be found here for anyone who is interested, and it shows the breakdown for each capital city/state as well as an overall tally.

brass_lives said:
Meh. I'm starting to care less and less that Grey's is winning. At least I'm not having a whole lot to complain about when each episode is done (unlike a lot of GA fans). This season has knocked my socks off. I'm just hoping for a good end to the MCSK story arc. If they can tie up the loose ends and keep making it interesting, I will be first in line for the DVDs. And I might even finally pick up season 6, if it's on sale ;)

I totally agree with you about season 7. It has been quite good save for a few episodes but it has been a much better season over all.

mrb105 said:
The Futon Critic has the numbers as this:

Grey's had a rating of 17.1 with a share of 26 and CSI: had a rating of 13.0 with a 19 share. That means Grey's is up from last week by 1.1 rating and CSI is down .8 from last week.

what does that mean?? translate please :p

Clarrisani said:
They just had the reduce the price of the Grey's Anatomy DVDs in Australia again. They're just not selling. CSI, on the other hand, is sold out. Especially season 4. Very hard to get, that one.
Same here. Everywhere I look there's about 10 copies of GA. But it took me a month to find Season Four!! I am having a hard time finding Season Two and Three now, for a reasonable price. Lots of the stores shoot up the prices like $70.00 for season four, and $54.00 for Season six. I ended up ordering Season four for about $60.00, cheapest I could get. I ended up ordering Season two and Three the other day, gosh, it's going to cost me $130.00 for them! I could probably get four seasons of GA for that, hahaha.

I think CSIs ratings are quite well for seven years on the tube. Number two! I have a feeling (well I hope) next seasons ratins are going to fly-high, or even near the end of this season.

xfcanadian said:
what does that mean?? translate please :p
From Wikipedia:

Nielsen Television Ratings are reported by ranking the percentage for each show of all viewers watching television at a given time. As of September 2006, there are an estimated 110.2 million television households in the USA. A single national ratings point represents 1%, or 1,102,000 households for the 2006-07 season. Share is the percentage of television sets in use tuned to a specific program. These numbers are usually reported as (ratings points/share). For example, Nielsen may report a show as receiving a 9.2/15 during its broadcast, meaning 9.2%, or 10,138,400 households on average were tuned in at any given moment. Additionally, 15% of all televisions in use at the time were tuned into this program. Nielsen re-estimates the number of households each August for the upcoming television season.

Understanding the TV ratings is actually very easy. The rating stands for the percent of the number of total televisions in America that are watching the show, and the share stands for the percentage of televisions in America that are turned on.

Because of the Oscars, the Red Carpet show, Grey's Anatomy and THREE American Idols, CSI came seventh for the week, but was the second-highest scripted show.

wierd that csi reruns do a whole lot better then grey's reruns.

CSI came in second with a 10.0, while Grey's did around a 7

That is because CSI has a story in each episode, and Grey's is more carryover stuff. Go CSI though

Yeah, CSI's repeat for last night was higher than a repeat last year (in last week's tally). But DC was, I think, (other than the Thanksgiving special) the season's lowest-rated episode, so that could be people catching up.

Yea to be excact, CSI did a 10.1 and GA did a 7.2. This will probably bring CSI back on top of the season rankings made out by zap2it that sarahvma showed us a couple weeks back. That is good bragging rights.

Last night while I was watching the rerun, I was thinking "I wonder if CSI will be higher than GA tonight?" After talking to my teacher about CSI and GA, I asked her "Do you watch GA?" she said "Yes, then I watch CSI". We have GA before CSI here, but I asked her "Why do you think CSI is doing so bad this year? Well, not bad but coming in second after GA?" She said "I don't think CSI is doing worse this year, it's just the fact that GA stories are so next-episode-find-out, and CSI is this is the episode, you won't find out next week, so there is no reason for a viewer (Unless they're a fan of the show) to tune in next week to see who murdered that guy" We both enjoy CSI, but I thought that was a nice example.

I am glad CSI was on top of GA last night, hopefully when the new episodes air, CSI will still be on top. I don't think GA will last much longer, lots of the people I talk to say that the show is kind of "redundant" and you can watch the same "storylines" on a daytime soap opera. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, so I have no idea if that's true. BUT YAY FOR CSI!

To be honest, I love Grey's; I tape it and watch CSI live. But I'm finding that my love for it is being carried out by the characters this season... I'm invested in that group of actors, and it's a damned good thing because it certainly isn't the stories pulling me in - the writing is nothing compared to last year.

In comparison, I can't wait for the next episode of CSI. Having a few season-spanning arcs like the MK and GSR and Greg's ordeal makes me want to see what's going to happen next week, even as the writing (and acting and directing and art direction and music and casting and everything else) makes me thrilled with the episode I just watched.

The latest Australian ratings are out. This is episode three of both Grey's and CSI, and Grey's won out again. The results can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back