Ratings: CSI vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI Ratings versus Grey's Anatomy

GA kind of reminds me of the OC in a way. Wasn't the OC absolutely huge when it first started? (Not higher in ratings than CSI of course) and now.. Look at it, it's falling apart, and it's ending. I think GA won't last much longer. Maybe, I don't know, I still haven't watched it.

CSI finished just out of the top 10 last week. What is the deal with this new Fox show "Are you smarter then a fifth grader?" Has anybody seen it? Is it going to compete with CSI & GA on Thursday's??

According to the "official" site: http://www.fox.com/areyousmarter/showinfo/

full one-hour episodes will air after AMERICAN IDOL on Thursdays, March 1 and 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The show will lead off the night on Thursdays, March 15 and 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

It wont be on at the same time as CSI (Since it's on at 9pm) however, it will be going up against American Idol.

I tried to catch the premier of it, but I missed it. Hopefully it knocks AI out of it's boots.

But, we don't need anymore competition for CSI so glad it's not in the exact same timeslot, just the same night :)

Has anyone else heard rumors that they're sticking House in this timeslot next season? Good Lord - why not just stick the three showrunners in the Coliseum, give them spears, and inform them that only one is leaving that ring alive? Yeesh.

Wait how would Are you Smarter . . . be going up against American Idol, they are on the same channel. Or are you saying American Idol is going up against CSI??

Oh no, I totally misread what was said. I think. I have just confused myself.

I think it's saying American Idol is kicking off the night, and AYS is going up against CSI at 9pm.

Because the website was about AYS, I thought it meant "The show will lead off the night on Thursdays, March 15 and 22 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX." was AYS, not American Idol, but I guess it was.

Sorry for that confusion - I totally read that all wrong :)

I hope HOUSE isn't going to be put in the timeslot. I dislike the show HOUSE, but I know many, many people who like it. But, that's T.V. The best go against the best. Hopefully CSI will outlast them all, though.

Ok I got you now. So let me ask everybody this question, would anybody be in favor of CSI moving to Tuesday night, or moving back an hour on Thursday to increase ratings???

I would be in total opposition to CSI moving to a different night or time. IMO, it would be admitting that CSI cannot hold its own against any competition, as if running scared of being beat in the ratings.

I recall, if I remember correctly, the CSI producers saying they were planning to explore the characters' personal lives more in depth this season before it was even announced that GA would move to Thursday's. Since GA, if I'm correct, is winning in the ratings over CSI, it would seem like the producers only decided to showcase the personal side of the CSI characters to compete with GA.

CSI has dominated Thursday nights for several years and although it could possibly benefit the show to maybe move it back an hour, I want CSI to stand its ground and produce some high quality shows to make the competition think twice about going up against it.

I think CSI will be back to number one soon enough. If not by season's end then by next year. I also, personally, don't think GA will last long.

I wouldn't be in favor of CSI moving to any other day or timeslot, since it would be like saying "Well, we can't keep our ratings ourself against other shows, so might as well move to a different time, where there aren't many shows anyway". Eventually, they'd be in competition with another show anyhow.

I'd be in favor of GA moving to a different time, however. Haha.

With CSI being higher in ratings last week (With a rerun) over GA, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers, producers, cast and crew, are sitting at their big table saying "We aren't doing anything wrong, our stories aren't boring, they aren't not-interesting, it's evident that our shows are more interesting, we won over GA with a rerun, which just proves our show is still number one!"

Ratings are in. CSI as a rerun was in 12th place for the week. Grey's was not on the Top 20 list.

CSI got 15.69 million viewers (repeat of Double-Cross)

I don't know what else was a repeat, but at this point I'd wager it was the highest-rated repeat of the week.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Ratings/

The numbers in the chart in the brackets would be the previous week's standings.

The numbers in the story in the brackets are explained in this Wikipedia article about ratings:

Nielsen Television Ratings are reported by ranking the percentage for each show of all viewers watching television at a given time. As of September 2006, there are an estimated 110.2 million television households in the USA. A single national ratings point represents 1%, or 1,102,000 households for the 2006-07 season. Share is the percentage of television sets in use tuned to a specific program. These numbers are usually reported as (ratings points/share). For example, Nielsen may report a show as receiving a 9.2/15 during its broadcast, meaning 9.2%, or 10,138,400 households on average were tuned in at any given moment. Additionally, 15% of all televisions in use at the time were tuned into this program. Nielsen re-estimates the number of households each August for the upcoming television season.

Normally, that's true, but if you take a look at the note on the site itself, it says that it's the overall season rating.

Ooooops. Thanks for the correction. Gotta get these old-geezer glasses replaced.

I waiting for Zap2it to update their seasonal ratings with the replays included, I think CSI may have jumped back atop of GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back