On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 8, 2007.

1. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

I agree that what Lindsey did was wrong. I just don't dislike her for it. It is his fault for not moving on not hers. She didn't tell him not to date other people.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, it was Danny's responsiblity to move on once she finally bothered to tell him he should, but she was the one who had clearly said yes to the date, so she was completely in the wrong on that account. She didn't show, and then she didn't do him the courtesy of an explanation. That's rude and disrespectful, and not the way someone should treat a friend or someone she supposedly cares about. But then, Lindsay only really cares about one person: Lindsay.

Lindsay has never been very likable, but she showed the most promise she ever would (to this point) in the middle of season two. She started off as a kiss ass in season two, but by mid-season, she seemed like she actually had a sense of fun. She joked with Mac, was willing to think outside the box, seemed fixated on Danny, but not in a bad way. They flirted, she teased him, vice versa, she apparently took him out a couple of times (Stuck on You, Cool Hunter).

Then she turned into an unpleasant, sour, screaming, mean character in season three. She was well on her way to being that at the end of season two, but she's reached new lows in season three. It's not even just her treatment of Danny--she screamed "leave me alone!" at Stella in "Silent Night" when Stella offered her friendship. :rolleyes: She's simply not a nice person.

As for any of this having to do with her maternity leave...the only thing that's related to that is her returning to Montana. That has nothing to do with her treatment of Danny.

Danny should have moved on, yes. But he's clearly a character who is drawn to people who treat him poorly. Look how hard he tried with Mac in season one, and Mac (though sometimes justified) was pretty darn cruel to him. Danny gravitates towards people who don't treat him well, and Lindsay certainly fits that bill.

As for Lindsay's clothes, she was wearing grandma sweaters long before Anna got pregnant. She dresses like a 12 year old girl or an 80 year old woman depending on the episode.

Angell, from what I've seen so far, is thankfully nothing like Lindsay. She'd be a breath of fresh air for Danny...if only the writers would develop that relationship.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^You've lost me now. :confused: I never said I disliked Lindsay for treating Danny like s**t. I don't like the way they've taken the character since mid-way through season 2. TPTB have made me dislike her.

I agree that it is Danny's fault for not moving on. He turned down Nixon Suicide (which it looked like he regretted) and the dominatrix. Neither Danny nor Lindsay made a committment to each other and Lindsay made it perfectly clear she didn't want anything more than just to work together.

That's why this thing with Angell intrigues me. Could it be him moving on? I know he goes to Montana in ep 18 but what happens between him and Angell in eps 15-17 (if anything)? In TV land, that's plenty of time to move on and it could be that Danny is just in Montana to support Lindsay as a friend..

ETA: Top, we're doing it again. You posted while I was typing. Actually, you said it better than I did. I totally agree with you. :p

4. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I agree with both Top and Modie -- You guys have great views on all of this.. and I'm thinking maybe Angell *is* Danny's moving on point. From what I saw in that one ep, which got the Hawkes/Angell ship going "Angell's got her wings" He seemed flirty, and I know a few eps back they had a bit of flirty looks to them..

5. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

Everyone says that it is a test on Danny's behalf. It could be, but as much as I love the D/L shipping. I would not like to think of Danny as a rat. We all know how he really feels about Montana and we know how she feels about him. I sensed it on series 2. They seemed to get closer and closer.

I don't know much about the story line with Danny and Angell, but when I first read about it I was in despair. No they cannot pair them together it ruins everything.

I have not watched any of the new series yet as it only starts in England this Saturday coming and I really cannot wait ( my friends call me sad).

I would hope that they do pair them together when she returns and I cannot wait until she returns from her maternity leave. I think Anna is a great actress and I love her and Carmine together.

6. Top41

Well, Danny wouldn't really be a "rat" for moving on with someone else after Lindsay has stood him up on a date (pretty rat-like behavior in my book ;) ) and then told him they should just work together. So she likes him. She's not acting like that, and believe me, if the positions were reversed, all the advice books would be telling her to move on. :lol:

I wish Danny was moving on with Angell. Like I've said before--I feel bad for him, because he clearly doesn't have a lot of self respect. After all the crap Lindsay has pulled, they don't really have the basis for a good relationship.

7. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

I wish Lindsey hadn't rebuffed Danny's advances and I agree she could have treated him better, but him having a moment with Detective Angell and then running off after Lindsey (leaving Angell high and dry). Doesn't that make him almost as bad as Lindsey?

maybe they could make her out to be a crazy stalker who terrorises them for revenge.

8. Top41

If he leads Angell on, yeah, he's a shit, too. But right now this moment is just an intensely sexual one between them--we don't know that it leads anywhere. It could, and for all we know he'll go all the way to Montana to be a friend to Lindsay and that's it, though I really doubt that.

Lindsay didn't just rebuff Danny's advances--she chased him, then accepted a date and then stood him up. If she'd just turned him down for the date in the first place, no one would be criticizing her for that. Well, I wouldn't. But it's the fact that she didn't show enough respect for him to cancel the date or tell him what was going on afterwards that makes her a pretty poor excuse for a human being.

That goes along with my theory that she'll tie Danny up, beat him, and Lindsay will have to save him, but he'll conveniently get amnesia or be too traumatized for a relationship or some such nonsense like that. Things are getting soapy in NY... :lol:

9. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

Don't you think that detective Angell looks like Aiden?

In my opinion as much as I would love for them to get together, I think it is time to let it the story go. I don't think it is ever going to happen and like you say it is getting to be to much of a soap. :lol:

10. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

:lol: That's what my best friend said the first time we saw Angell. She was like "OH MY GOD-- AIDAN IS ALIVE." :lol:
    I love D/L, but yes--we're stepping into Soap Opera arena. :lol:

11. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

I know. maybe she had a secret twin hidden away.

Tell you something though, I would never have turned down Danny Messer's advances. EVER!

12. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

gypsyI seriously doubt that ANYONE would turn down the advances of one Danny Messer, I know I wouldn't.

Soap opera in NY....weird.

13. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

With that chest and those arms. I totally agree.

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ummm....back to the love triangle thing.

First off, I don't think that Angell looks like Aiden. So they both have dark brown hair, doesn't make them twins or anything. It's weird but I never even thought of Angell looking like Aiden when she first appeared in People With Money. Even if you think they look alike, Angell is totally different from Aiden.

While I'm sure TPTB are going to let us die a slow death by putting us through DL crap :rolleyes:, I would like to see Danny end up with Angell. Let them have their sexually charged moment, let it escalate in ep 17, let Danny go to Montana (as a concerned friend) in ep 18, then let him come back and resume something with Angell. Lindsay had her chance but I'm sure that after Lindsay's past is revealed, doormat Danny will be ready for more of her abuse. :rolleyes:

Of course, that's just me. :p

15. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

Sorry. I'm all for Danny and Lindsey,