On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think the pretty/not-so-pretty debate is the most minor thing that Top said. I certainly don't think it's the point worth debating on. We all have our opinions on whether or not certain people are attractive or who they'd be attracted to. The other points she made seem far more interesting to actually discuss if you ask me...

Personally, I agree with you, Top. I wasn't against the idea of D/L from the get-go, even if I wasn't a huge fan of it. I thought it might have potential, and I was waiting to see...I wish the writers had done the same. Something might be great in theory, might have worked a thousand times before, might look wonderful on paper--but that doesn't mean it'll come across in the end.

Of course, you can't please everybody, but the whole D/L thing just seems to divide people so strongly. That's not to say D/A would get better reactions, of course. *shrug* I haven't seen anything that gives me hope of the D/L thing being done well any time in the foreseeable future, though...

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm getting to the point where I don't want Danny with anybody (except me :p). All this D/L and D/A stuff is driving me crazy. Can't we just go back to where Danny only mentions girls or even something like he did with the girl in the subway in Risk? :confused:

Why do we have to have relationships with the main characters??

I agree that Lindsay is kind of plain, but my hubby likes her so I guess it's just a matter of taste. The reason I think she is plain is mostly the clothes she wears (I've seen pictures of Anna from other tv shows and she's attractive). She doesn't have to dress like Stella or anything but I think she needs some help with her wardrobe sometimes.

But Lindsay's looks isn't what turns me against the relationship (I never thought of her as attractive or not), it's their lack of chemistry and the way Lindsay's been acting since about midway through season 2 and the way she's been treating Danny this season. Give us back the Lindsay from Bad Beat, Stuck on You, etc. and then put them together and I might actually like them.

3. Faylinn

Exactly. I quite like the idea of D/A, and this whole thing is precisely why I don't want my ships going canon. I'm not even as big of a fan of D/A as I am of other ships, and I still hate that canon can screw something up like that. :rolleyes: Maybe if I shipped to see something on the show, but that's not how I work. I think most shippers I've talked to feel the same way--yeah, on some level, we want to see our pairings on tv, but overall we'd just rather the writers give us fodder without dictating anything beyond the little things, letting us do the interpreting ourselves. *shrug*

See, that's my thing, and I need to get into it on my LJ or something. In season 2, when I didn't have anything aginst D/L, Lindsay was a pretty generic character. We knew a bit about her personality, but nothing deep, no real development, she was a blank page and the writers could do anything with her. So there was potential for her to be a great character, and also potential for me to see D/L. It's when the writers started to develop her that I kind of wavered. The way they've written her isn't bad necessarily, although I don't think it's been done terribly well. For D/L, though, I just don't think the characters work well together. Their personalities don't seem to be conducive to a healthy relationship.

4. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

:lol: I hear you. I usually don't like to see my favourite character involved in any relationship. That's why I was hoping if they really want to head in this direction they'd at least pair him up with someone I like and make said pairing believable.

5. HillHarperHOT

HillHarperHOT Prime Suspect

Angell has been in 3 episodes, how do you know she will not turn out to be just like Lindsey?

6. doublefe

doublefe Hit and Run

gee..while everyone is talking about the D/L, D/A, or D/L/A, i still love danny with Det. Kaile Maka

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Actually, Angell has been in 5 episodes. ;)

People With Money, Not What It Looks Like, Murder Sings the Blues, Raising Shane, and Obsession.

She's also appearing in ep 15 - Some Buried Bones and ep 16 - Heart of Glass (she works with Danny in both these eps). :p

We don't know if she will turn out to be just like Lindsay but I don't see how that could happen. They'd have to drastically change her - personality and wardrobe wise.

ETA (because I forgot): I also liked Danny with Maka but that will never happen since Kelly Hu has a new tv show now. :(

8. Faylinn

Well, I like him with Flack or Adam. ;) :lol:

9. HillHarperHOT

1CSIMFan said:
    Okaaaay. Lindsey was totally different in Season 2 than she is now. And as for the wardrobe, they probably have her dress more like people in the country do (I'm not from the country so I don't know, but just speculation).

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Lindsay was likeable at the beginning of season 2..she turned totally different (not in a good way) around the middle of the season and beyond.

I live in the country as do a lot of people on this board and I can assure you that I do not know anybody of Lindsay's age that dresses like she does. The only explanation I can find for her wardrobe of very unflattering cardigans is that it is cold in Montana, but there are such things as coats.

11. HillHarperHOT

^^While I understand that the people in here do not care for Lindsey, what amazes me is that you all keep talking about how she treated Danny this season, when you know it was because they were setting it up for her to go on Maternity leave. I don' think it would have gone that way if she were not pregnant because of the way TPTB were taking it last season.

I don't by any means dislike Det. Angell and would be okay if her and Danny were in a relationship. I just don't like the way they plan to use her.

Jennifer

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^No, I do not know it was because of Anna's pregnancy. We always knew they were gonna bring up Lindsay's past and that it was supposed to be in Season 2. Nobody knows but the writers. It's just fun to speculate. Maybe everything went as planned (with the exception of Lindsay's screentime reduced) except her going to Montana. Maybe that's all that changed so they could give her time off.

It's all speculation on our part. Even most diehard Lindsay fans will agree that she's treated Danny like total s**t this season.

Where did TPTB plan on taking it last season? They took out the scene in the finale. Nobody knew what that was so there's no way to know what they planned.

I totally blame the writers for my dislike of Lindsay. She started out a likeable character and then they turned her into someone unlikeable.

I have no idea how TPTB plan to use Angell. Either they will cut the scene totally out or they will leave it in and it will mean nothing more than a "moment" or it may be the start of the dreaded love triangle.

13. Faylinn

Actually, I don't think that makes a difference. There are a million ways they could have written in the maternity leave, and this is the way they chose--what else are we supposed to react to? The only thing that was dictated by Anna's pregnancy was fewer scenes and several missed episodes--how does that excuse the way they had her treat Danny in episode 3? Thinking that Lindsay was unfair to Danny this season has nothing to do with my personal feelings for the character and everything to do with how the character was written.

I agree. And they're the only ones that can change my mind. So far, they haven't. But I'm expected to cheer and be happy at the idea of a relationship between Danny and Lindsay? Nope, not at this point, thanks.

14. doublefe

doublefe Hit and Run

Fay, now I completely understand why you chose "Brokeback" Crimelab ^o^

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

the wardrobe would have had put her in those bi coats etc because she was pregnant!!!