Medium

MEDIUM is returning on Feb.2 from the TV Gude, dated Jan. 5-11.. and I'll put this in the *spoiler* box~

In the May finale, Allison and Joe Dubois were cozily snogging in their garage and all--finally!--seemd right with their world. The surburban Phoenix clan is back on it's feet after facing tough financial times last year. "If last year was about the chaos of Joe not having a job and Allison not working at the district attorney's office, this year is more about a return to normalcy" says ex. producer Glenn Caron. When the new season opens Allison [Patricia Arquette] has reunited with Devalos [Miguel Sandoval] at the DA's office usign her psychic powers to help solve crimes. And Joe [Jake Webber] has struck a deal with a technology company to start his own small business. But quicker than you can say 'I see dead people" Allison begins to have dreams that threaten the family's har-won stability. In one episode "Allison becomes convinced that the world is going to end because she starts having apocalyptic visions "Caron says. She also developes a dangerous shopping habit "She starts buying car batteries:confused: but she doesn't know why. Then she finds this microwave and as to bring it home "Caron says. "What her husband realizes after she comes home with a 100 lbs. of fertilizer and is building a bomb". The explosive plot twist was especially harrowing for Arquette, who pulled double duty, directing and acting in that ep. "For a long time people were like "You should direct" says Arquette. She asked her brother Davd, who's appeared on the show and directed a couple of episodes for advice. "It's always something I've been interested in, so it was nice of them to give me the opportunity" Season 5 will also feature plenty of big name guest stars, including Blythe Danner as the mother of a woman who goes missing. Then in a 3-part ep. arc, Tracy Pollan plays an intuitive corporate trend-predictor who makes Allison a job offer she can't refuse, working for David Morse's savvy international mogul. And on the home front, teen daughter Ariel [Sofia Vasslleva] will start to drive--and have a brush with prescription drugs. "There are a bunch of unexpected twists and turns this year, Caron teases "One of the promises we have with our audience is you'll see something you haven't seen before".. Bring on the visions!

Thanks Desertwind, I saw this in the TV guide also, but thanks for posting it. I am excited for the new season of this show. It seems like forever since the last one.

I'm really looking forward to when Medium starts back up again on Feb. 2. I missed most of last season because I was watching Miami instead. That won't be the case this time.

Youre welcome Missing it's a great show. here's some more *spoiler* info.

Dawson's Creek's James Van Der Beek is set to appear on the NBC drama as one of two bizzare siblings whose mother has gone missing. In an earlier episode Patricia Arquette's Allison is the one who's missing. She wakes up under a freeway as a Latina with a Spanish dialect after the spirit of a Mexican woman infiltrates her body. With 7 hours of her life mysteriously unaccounted for, Allison believes she may have killed a man. She could use some help from Van Der Beek's old Dawson's chum, Joshua Jackson, now investigating the paranormal on "Fringe"

Loving that this show is back on. Monday's episode was pretty good but then right now I am happy with any new episode. Ariel was mia but Bridget was used quite well, although I have to say that crying scene I was laughing at how hard she was trying to do it. And why doesn't Allison figure out why she is drawing that as opposed to just saying not to draw that and how come she didn't pick up on it?

Bridget was exceptional, poor little girl, her drawings were right on target, about her teacher who at the end was grateful.. her dad always believed in her. And Allison, [Patricia Arquettes hair look's hot long] whoa, on this freaky story, the guy who had the other guys spirit, and was faking everything, and she knew, the end when she found the manuscript in the water, when the sheet of paper led her to it.. Good as always!

This episode, was way too far-fetched a guy that made his heart stop, so he could be a ghost and then see things and then blackmail the poor souls he watched and then miraculously had it start again so he would still be alive, fantasy on this one, and Ariel drama queen with the fake baby, and getting all dizzy and blurry when ever she held it, and Joe the always perfect dad and husband confronting the kid, who was high and for some reason he made it happen to Ariel, and Bridget so ecentric, the end when Allison had the co-hort who was in on this scheme, and actually milked $500,000 from the guy who killed the woman he was with, and the wife of this guy who finally went to far and died, get the $$$, if this sounds erratic, it was because it was off the wall!

Oh, I thought this episode was excellent! I thought it was better than the season premiere, which I thought was only average. That end scene in the diner? Allison was kickass; the dialogue was intense. And that nurse sure did get her karma. :eek:

I thought it was a good episode. Yeah going out on a limb for the heart stopping but stranger things have been true.

WOW, this was off the wall:eek: Allison losing it and so focused on building a bomb, from an old microwave oven.. and other strange things, and patient Joe always understanding "now what are you doing" blowing off the guy and his wife who turned out to be the one who built the bomb for his dad who was played by Xander Berkley so nasty and violent:klingon:eek:f CSI fame, and her real life son Enzo Rossi, who played the guy as a kid and her first directorial debut:thumbsup:the girls snipping and fighting, so funny and so real. The last scene, when she confronted the guy who was leaving town and asking him about the guilt of killing 17 people with that bomb, his dad did the dirty deed.. but he said "out of the ashes, he was born" so Allison didn't do anything and let it go!

I was so disappointed to have missed this episode. :( I knew it was going to be directed by Patricia Arquette, and it looked like an unusual, intense plot when I read about it and saw the promo at the end of the last episode. But I was so tired that I fell asleep early at like 7 PM -- just conked out on top of my covers, and woke up at 11 PM. Why couldn't I have woke up at 10:00 ??? :scream: I guess I can see it on my friend's computer that gets good video, if NBC has the shows on their site. (I usually just watch shows LIVE (so to speak) as they air)...

Last edited:
Great episode again. Liked the use of Coldplay's song through the show. Next week is looking just as good.

Boy does Alison get herself in some sticky off the wall situations, this time a Salvadoran woman took over her body and she was missing for 6 hrs., and thought she killed someone, which actually she did, but it wasn't her, and the head honch killed the woman and cut off her hand which Alison found in her purse EWWW:klingon: so gross, her boss and co-worker helped find the clues that set her free from all this, and they found the poor hispanics who were abandoned in the hot Arizona desert. And Ariel and her driving, poor Joe, he tries so hard. One guy in a household of woman.. interesting as always!

Yep another great episode! Poor Joe--he is the worlds best husband for going through all this. I would hate to have to worry about all the trouble Allison can get into with her abilities but it makes for great viewing. I totally missed the driving thing the first time around.

This was so mysterious and weird, the daughter mssing but Alison had her recurring nitemates, and it showed that the daughter had killed her husbands 1st wife and was poisoning the little girl. Blythe Danner [Gwyneth Paltrows mom] was great, good actress, and down the line she poisioned her own daughter and buried her beneath the new pool. Alison knew but didn't have the nerve to prosecute or tell anyone, for it would have been a detriment to the family, so everyone still thought the daughter just was missing. And finally the sleep deprivation got to Joe, him being woken night after night with her waking up. You'd think she'd be tired too.. and his doctor told him he and Alison need to sleep separately. He even fell asleep at the table, while she was babbling on and on.. funny and the gilrs though they were getting a divorce. And her co-worker and hias pregnant girlfriend was interesting and he eventually rose to the occasion and showed up at the party with her..:)

Back