May sorrow everlast - an Aiden-corner

cfar said:
I'm sorry, I missed this when it was first posted. I honestly am not trying to make fun of anyone. I'm very sorry if it came across that way. I was just interested in the reasons why people were so OK with her becoming a killer. Why that was portrayed as an acceptable story line and Pratt attacking her was universally condemned. I just wanted to know if people were talking about what they thought would be a good storyline based on drama or on they thought would be better for the character.

For the record, I'd rather she not come back as a rape victim. I agree that it would be a cheap way of bringing her in. Also, it wouldn't really follow what we know of Pratt so far, so it would seem contrived.

I'd like to hear that Aiden has gotten a new start somewhere
and has moved on. I would hate for her to be portrayed as obsessing over this case for the last however many months. I'd like her return to provide some closure for her character and the audience, not make me feel sorry for her or lose respect for her.

I don't believe anyone here is so morally bankrupt that they are hoping and praying that Aiden becomes a killer, I simply believe it would be preferable to her victimization at the hands of Pratt. As far as I am concerned the victimization of women should be universally condemned by all people, on television and in real life, it is simply unnecessary and a cheap ploy to ratchet up the level of terror and suspense.

Aiden being Pratt's victim would not close her storyline it would expand it, something unnecessary since this is a one-time appearance, the viewers would wonder how she was doing, how she was putting her life back together and one episode just wouldn't cover that territory. However, the death of the man that made her realize she could not be CSI would bring closure for Aiden and at the same time allow her former colleagues to send her off with a proper goodbye or establish that the bonds still exist somewhere off screen. The goodbye would acknowledge the close bond she shared with the members of her team and gives fans of season one something just and thought out rather than the gone and never mentioned again avenue NY opted to take most of the season.

I think it is entirely possible to move on with your life personally and professionally, find a satisfying career, and still care about the conviction of a serial rapist, especially when his two-time victim pleaded with you personally, they are not mutually exclusive avenues, and it certainly would not constitute obsession.

Ali

*gets that slack jawed shocked look about the new Aiden spoilers* I have only seen a little of her but still, wow.

I think most of us are disappointed. I know I am. Not because of what's happening so much, but because it constitutes incredibly lazy and sloppy writing, in my book. It's the easy way out.

cfar Sorry for this late answer. As mentioned in my PM I got you totally wrong. I thought you refuse Aiden would have a real chance to survive an attack of Pratt.

Imzadi83 said: Yes you are right that being observant and cautious can reduce one's chances of becoming a victim. But regardless it is never right to blame the victim if they are unable to defend themselves. (...)

It´s right some people don´t know or even can´t defend themselves. I agree to you with that.
What I was aiming at is the angst of victims. That´s exactly what attackers expect. They look for this intentionally. Who appears weak in behaving. They choose only victims they presume they don´t resist.

Of course some perps may look for resistance especially. But most of them should fail if you don´t show them your fear.

Imzadi83 said: Yes I believe Aiden would fight back as well. Personally I would rather continue to fight and risk the attacker killing me then not fight back. But that is an individual decision that the victim has to make in that moment. I would never fault someone either way.

That´s just what I´m afraid of. I´m sure some people hesitate if Aiden is brave enough to resist Pratt.

sighs...
i miss Burn...
the on-screen relationship between her an Danny...all gone...apart frm Danny-Flack,this pair is the only funny one...sighs...

she has to come back sometime...i mean,i'm not against Montana or anythin(tho i know Montana has got big shoes to fill!) but the show lacks that "charm" she brought into it..

i like the ideas stated by u guys...

no joke I'm almost in tears just thinking about tonights episode. I want to be like "oh, they'll figure its not her" but I know... I just know.. damn it all..

*Thinks this thread title is sadly appropriate for tonight*

Character remmeberance anyone? I haven't seen much of her since I have only seen two or three of her eps. But what was your favorite moment/ep?

*posts this in memory of Aiden and last night's ep*

There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

It's a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt
Will disappear

That a hero lies in you

Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away
Hold on
There will be tomorrow
In time
You'll find the way

That a hero lies in you

Mel23 said:
*Thinks this thread title is sadly appropriate for tonight*

Character remmeberance anyone? I haven't seen much of her since I have only seen two or three of her eps. But what was your favorite moment/ep?

The Aiden/Flack "crapsicle" case, or the robospanker case with Danny. Both were just so funny, and really gave us an idea of the friendship within the team.

Mel- Thats a beautiful song, Mariah Carrey I think it is. I sang it at a benefit concert a year or two ago for the Fire House, its perfect for Aiden.. I miss her so much. I dont mind Lindsay, but Aiden... its just, hmphhh, I dont know, shes not the same, the shows not the same without her.

I love "Recycling", one of my fav. Aiden eps... and of course "Tri-Borough" is a good one too.

Back