Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Remember that they also didn't work a case together in 'Stuck on You', but there were plenty of Mac/Lindsay scenes!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Good point! These two are just drawn to each other. :D Lindsay seems to really like being around him, and well, hell she took the time to go digging around to find out about his personal life! That's what girls do when they like a guy. ;)

As for Mac, busy Mac who's the head of the crime lab, he took the time to help Lindsay with the guitars. And asked her to shoot the arrow...I think he definitely likes being around this girl. :D

3. bklynCSIfanatic

bklynCSIfanatic Prime Suspect

Mac and Lindsay have a sparkling camaderie. They brighten up when they're in the same space, and they naturally come free with each other. It isn't forced.

bklynCSIfanatic, used to be Kiane

4. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Thank you squirt! :D

bklynCSIfanatic, it's true, they do light up around one another and really seem to seek one another out, they are drawn to one another.

I've said it before but it is impressive to me, especially for television and the CSI shows in particular which can go the very high schooly route with some of relationship possibilities, but I like the maturity and ease of their relationship. I like the comfort they share, the mutual respect, the joy they bring one another, and how evenly yoked they are in manner and intellect.

Angst and uncertainty are fine in doses, but you can't build a entire relationship on those qualities. It's the reason most people don't end up with their 8th grade boyfriend or girlfriend, because growing up means gaining confidence and knowing what works for you, knowing when you find a person that makes you shine, someone whose mind turns you on as much if not more than the physical, someone who makes you want to dig deeper and know more about them. Lindsay's digging, as Top pointed out was just that.

Ali

5. Top41

^Agreed, it's the maturity of the relationship that drew me to the pairing too. I'm so tired of the formulaic bickering relationships that somehow magically turn into romance. It rarely happens in real life and it rarely works on TV. People do not enter into mature relationships based on dislike--the only examples I can think of working are when the characters are teenagers, like Joey and Pacey on Dawson's Creek or Xander and Cordelia on Buffy. But it doesn't fit for adults.

Mac and Lindsay are both adults, and they express a mutual interest and regard for each other. They like working together and seek each other out. They clearly feel comfortable enough with each other to laugh and joke and let their real feelings shine through. I think Lindsay's first attempt at a joke happened in "Trapped," with Mac, when they were both looking at the lube pool. It was a cute moment. :D

I think the two of them would be good for each other--they'd have a healthy relationship, something that is so rare on TV. No relationship is perfect, and it would have its bumps in the road, but overall the foundation that's being built between the two is strong.

6. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

lol i love that scene. I posted a pic before where he gives her a really cute sideways smile. awwww

7. Top41

^I know! I loved that. He was saying there might be evidence in the lube pool and she was all like, "Well, good luck with that!" And then he shot her a look and she knew he wasn't the one who was going to be digging for evidence. :lol: It was so cute! Clearly, these two have unspoken communication down, too. ;) :D

8. LiquidCrystal

LiquidCrystal CSI Level Two

I thought she was joking with him when she was giving him a hard time about roller derby girl in "Jamalot"... :rolleyes:

9. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

I have to amend your statement a wee bit, I wouldn't say it never happens. My parents hated each other when they first met and, if they weren't arguing and actually had to say something to the other, they'd speak "through" friends. They're celebrating their 32nd year of marriage next week. :lol:

That was such an adorable moment. The look on Mac's face was so funny. :lol: Aww, I love this pairing. You all have created a monster!

10. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

you know you love it Mariel. :devil:

she was totally flirtying in Jamalot with him.

That girl that was coming on to him in Jamalot was annoying. Atleast Lindsay is subtle. I bet Mac and her would want a quiet relationship. No loud, proud, drama for these two. They're just not like that.

11. Top41

Well, please, pardon me. I must have forgotten the order. :rolleyes: But, now that you bring it up, that was a totally cute scene. :D And totally something girls do, when they see another girl macking on their man who totally has no chance with him. ;) Lindsay knows who he wants.

Aw, really? That's cute! But they were young, weren't they? In their early 20s? I just think it's something younger people do more than older ones. I could be wrong, but Lindsay is in her early 30s (if she's Anna's age, she's 34) and Mac is either late 40s or 50s (if he's Gary's age), so I think it makes sense for them to be building a relationship based on mutual respect and obvious attraction Plus, everything about Lindsay and Mac as characters tells me they'd each want a strong relationship built on mutual respect--neither seems like the 'throw caution to the wind' type. They have so much in common, which draws them together, and yet there's enough difference there to keep things exciting.

We have! :D But it's so funny, because once I saw it in "Risk," I suddenly saw it everywhere. The Mac/Lindsay stuff has been there since the beginning. Rewatching the older episodes, I can totally see the dynamic between them--how eager she is to please him ("Dancing with the Fishes"), how she rushes back to the lab to see him ("City of the Dolls"), how he loosens up and jokes around her ("Corporate Warriors"), how impressed he is with her ("Zoo York"). It's a snowball that became apparent in "Risk" and gained a huge momentum in "Stuck on You." Lindsay is very clearly "stuck on" Mac, and vice versa. :D

12. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Awww, Top - I don't even know what cases go with specific episodes, much less what came first. In my mind it could easily be a dead roller derby girl in a pit of lube, just as easy as it being two different cases. There are those that do know and then there are those that go outside. ;) Top, you are one of the ones that go outside, find comfort in that fact. :D

I think evidence of their bond has been around since the beginning and certainly, someone took note of their chemistry, because we got "Stuck on You." I love that she invited Danny along to share in her excitement and he seemed happy about her delight in that scene. Friends love when friends fall in love. Lindsay was absolutly adorable when she was gazing at Mac, her energy bounced off the screen. Mac brings her to life and no matter what happens with her personality in the rest of any episode just a few short minutes with Mac is enough to change her mood. I love it! The writers must keep going and letting this grow; natural chemistry between actors should be exploited and used to the shows advantage. These two make me giddy and I don't do giddy. :D

Ali

13. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

woo! JDonne i just read the latest chapters of Breaking the silence! :D i really like it! Continue!!! :D :D

I'm thinking of writing asequel to whole again. I have an idea, but it might take a while to surface.

14. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Thank you Adams_girl, I'm working on Chapter 4, I just need to type it up, proofread and post. Here's the link for everyone http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2780183/1/. It is two chapter update. :)

You should continue the story you started Adams_girl, the more M/L stories the better! :D Maybe this weeks new episode will provide people with plenty of inspiration!

Ali

15. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

woo sounds good! :D i hope i get inspiration from the newest episode. I'm so glad we're getting a new episode! :D :D It's been to long! :lol:

I had a fic in mind, but it turned into Smutt. (i know shocker.) Might be to early for that.