Mac/Lindsay--All Dressed Up and Ready to Dance

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

:lol: that's alot! lol who cares the more the merrier.

I like what you said abut this being an accidental ship. I don't think the writer's ment for this, but the actors have such awesome chemistry it can't help but be noted.

2. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

I understand and respect the idea of this being an accidental ship, and think that idea flows easier with multi-shippers and I’m not one. I feel the writers are a bit cleverer than that. I think the writers were fully aware of the implications some would draw from Mac and Lindsay showing up dressed up at a crime scene that really is a huge coincidence especially given that one of the enduring mantras of all the CSI's is that they don't believe in coincidence.

I also don't think Lindsay's detective work was simply an oversight on the part of the writers or a way to divulge more about Mac, which could have been done in any number of ways and no doubt more easily and naturally through an interaction/conversation between Mac and Stella given the relative closeness of their friendship. I think it was a way to show Lindsay's increasing interest/involvement with Mac, I mean the idea of taking free time to search for information on someone who is simply your boss is just not believable for me, but a lover or lover to be, yes. The smile on her face when she looked towards the stage was positively beatific.

So, maybe accidental in the sense that the writers and show runners hadn't anticipated such amazing chemistry between Gary and Anna, but once they did, the scripts were then peppered and littered with moments of tenderness and admiration, Lindsay staring intently in his direction, and Mac of course looking more boyish and engaged than I have ever seen him.

I think in the beginning Danny/Lindsay was simply more obvious for the writers given their relative ages and based on Danny's personality it would be his natural inclination to deal with Aiden's absence by filling the hole left in his work life.

In general, I find writers are a deliberate breed. Especially given that on television, there are precious few moments to waste, so they veer closer to the Hemingway or Shakespeare school and stay far far from Dickens or Beckett, and I speaking more in terms of delivery and less in terms of length.

But, indeed the more the merrier -

Ali

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think it has to have something to do with the chemistry between Gary and Anna, too. They really spark together, and their characters respond to each other. Lindsay is defensive and sometimes insecure with the other characters, but she shines under Mac's gaze, like she is basking in his confidence in her. Mac, usually serious and somber, lights up whenever Lindsay is around. I think the writers have seen that and are incorporating it into scripts, perhaps testing the waters or maybe just diving right in (depending on how you interpret that scene with them both dressed up ;) ). :D

4. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

5. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

I think the witers are diving right in and rightfully so, you don't waste that kind of chemistry, you kick it to the forefront and let everyone delight. :D

I agree they do seem to brighten up with one another. Lindsay becomes less serious, less dull, but dare I say more adult around Mac. Her interactions with the other characters run the gamut from all business to show-off to school aged know-it-all. Mac makes Lindsay a little delightful to watch, their giddiness is infectious.

The same goes for Mac when Lindsay is around, he’s looser and is caught up in her delight, and it really is so sweet.

Adams_girl, your pictures show we have the smiles to prove it. They really are incredible together.

Ali

6. Top41

^They are working together in the upcoming episode--yay! :D I'm hoping because Mac and Stella are on the main case that Lindsay isn't shoved into the background--I want to see more Mac/Lindsay interaction.

I noticed last night in City of the Dolls how they looked at each other in the doll shop, and how Lindsay was eager to get back to the lab to work with Mac, so eager that she didn't even want to grab lunch. ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

M/C
    it's a nice idea sometimes i think we should be the writers :p

8. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*sighs* I need new eps. Desperately. I miss those cute little gazes that Mac throws in Lindsey's direction.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

i don't think they'd really "match"

10. squirt

squirt Pathologist

I am sorry.. I am a lurker but I have to say.. if you do not ship them and do not think they really 'match" do not comment.. this is their ship and this is what they feel and belelive. If you do not that is cool but let them have their fun. JMHO..

Back to lurking.

11. Top41

Ditto what squirt said--everyone is entitled to their opinion of which ships work for them and which don't, but coming into a shipper thread for a couple and saying they don't work for you is considered bad manners, djmik12.

Lyn, I love the way Mac looks at her! His eyes just sparkle, like he's coming back to life or something. It's so...adorable. And she looks back at him in the same way. She loves his attention, and he loves giving it to her. I can't wait for the new eps!

12. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

she makes his face light up. I've beenwatching last year and the 2 episodes before she oined, No one ever did that. I need a new epsiode. :( i miss the gazes and the sly smiles... hmmmm

13. Top41

I know--he was very much low key, serious Mac in the first two episodes of the season. Then Lindsay comes along and well, boom! Suddenly he's got a slightly goofy grin on his face.

And she clearly loves being around him--going out of her way to find out about his personal life and seeking him out in the lab. No doubt about it--it's mutual. :D

14. Adams_girl

Adams_girl Captain

they're working together in the next epsiode right? (I can't remember the name) Something about Water guns? We probably wont get much, considering it will be Stella, Mac, Lindsay, and Flack. (have Flack and Lindsay even worked together yet?) i Just need an episode. :lol:

I love Mac when he's around her. He's so cute and playful.

15. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

djmik21 this is (at least) the third time you have commented negatively on a ship (previous times being in the Nick/Greg and Danny/Flack threads)

As Top and squirt have already pointed out to you, while you're entitled to your opinion, it is considered very bad manners to go into a ship thread simply to disagree with them. If you're unsure of why a ship exists, by all means ask for clarification or reasons why people ship a particular pairing - I'm sure shippers would be more than happy to wax lyrical as to why they like their chosen pair. But to simply dismiss a ship is rude and I'd ask that you exercise your freedom of speech by commenting in ship threads to which you do agree.

Since you are relatively new here, I'd suggest that you read through the Shipper Central Guidelines which should clarify our rules here.