Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Re: Sofia Curtis

My hubby dosent watch CSI but he walked by the tv last week and I made a comment about Sofia it was at the surprise part and he wanted to know it that was Grissoms girlfriend when I said not he said it sure looked like there was something there.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay guys this isn't a competition of who gets grissom, this this about the actress/character who plays Sophia (which btw is spelled either way).

In reguards to her accent, the "pick one" comment was bordering on out of line, the actress is from London, she also uses an american accent, if she went home recently (to have her baby) she may have re-picked up her accent, or decided not to tone it down anymore.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I neither like nor dislike her, but I'm confused about where she fits in on the show.

4. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

Back when Sofia was a CSI on graveyard shift, I thought her character was kind of redundant and serves no real purpose except to set up the love triangle. I think it's a very smart move on the writers part to make her a cop. We've never had a recurring female detective on the show before. Very cool. :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I think everyone should stop bashing the characters for physical attributes (both Sofia and Sara).

By the way, I can't help but remind you that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the relevant eye certainly thinks that *someone* is beautiful (please see Primum Non Nocere, ice rink scene) ;)

7. Destiny

Judging someone on looks reminds me of the conversation Grissom and Greg had in "Big Middle".

GRISSOM: Attraction is subjective. It can't be analyzed.
    GREG: Yeah, I consider myself to be pretty open-minded. Find other people's predilections very intriguing. What do you like? What gets your juices flowing?
    GRISSOM: Someone who doesn't judge me.

That being said, i am a woman, i sometimes walk in longer strides, or with an attitude/determination (ie as sophia) or when my back is out at times a little huntched over (ie like sara).
    Also lets face it woman are prone for that monthly time in which bloat will show up, and the camera does add weight to your weight...

I figure it this way if you don't like what i look like or how i walk and talk that is up to you, what matters most is that i am comfortable with it.
    In saying that i am wondering if "Louise and Jorja" doesn't think the samething at times. ;)

8. X05

X05 CSI Level One

that is so the truth.

9. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I heard on another board that she was brought back as the new love interest of Grissoms, which I think is fantastic. Even if it does interfer with my ship. I like her and the part she plays a strong female we need more of that the two they have now they have totally ruined.

10. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :O:O:O:O
    She should keep her hands away from Grissom >=@

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Too bad these nats keep dirty up these threads here. How many times to they need to be told to read the rules?

You so right Kira, Sofia or Lady Heather is the only women good enough for Gil. Sofia was to be the love interst last year, but real life got in the way. But that's cool, because now she's back as a Detective and looking better than ever. Second hellos will lead to second opportunites, just wait and see.

12. Destiny

I am sure there is probably a "Ship" In Shipper Central to discuss them please keep it there.

Repeating There has been no indication that she and grissom will even have a romantic relationship, i swear to heaven if a person has one dinner, and sits talking and laughing with each other makes for a romantic relationship, then there are alot of people in trouble.

Lets tone this down a bit, again
    ship talk = in ship forum please.

Moving on, you don't like the character that is all fine and good and your opinion, one in which you wish to express which to is fine and good, but there is a limit, on what is acceptable and what is inapporperiate.

From the Talk CSI Rules pertaining to showing criticism in the forums:
    "It's fine to say a certain aspect of CSI is bad, as long as you don't insult the people who think otherwise, and as long as you actually back up what you say. Jumping in and shouting "Willows sucks!" is not an acceptable form of constructive criticism."

When we post these or other comments about inapporperiate, or unacceptable, we are giving you an unofficial warning, this means we are giving you a chance to correct, or to re-word, or in general to agree to disagree and walk away, continuing to bait will lead to official warnings, which go to the admins.

If you don't like the character then state that "I don't like sophia/sofia because..." and leave off words like skank, slut, B*tch, ect, you know its unacceptable, and inapproperiate, therefore don't do it.

If you are defending the character your best bet would be to agree to disagree and walk away, if you keep going it will only make you look bad to.

13. Guybrush Threepwood

I would never insult someone that didn't think the same way as me... I just had to say that :p
    And sure, I don't like all the characters in CSI but I don't hate anyone of them... Not even Sophia, it just havn't klicked with her...

14. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I liked her from the start remindes me a little of the way Cath was in the first few season plus she has an extra spunk to her. I think she is a great addition to the show a woman with spunk.

Didn't mean my last post to sound shippy I was just posting what I'd heard for the reason she was brought back, I think it'll make for an interesting season with a female Det.

15. Guybrush Threepwood

You're picture is a fake right? (Sorry I know it's oftopic just had to ask)

I think I might like Sophia later on, if she does something speciall in a case or something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.