Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Re: Sofia Curtis

Wow it just warms my heart to see all the new posters and Louise/Sofia fans growing in heaps.

I will give them one thing this season. Last episode "Toe Tags" they had our detective busy as a bee. I mean she worked the case with Warrick over the woman being pushed off a cliff. Next thing we know she is working the car wreck and stabbing with Nick. I love how she digs in and gets to the nitty gritty and gets the job done.

For some reason I got a bang out the fact nothing bothers her. Here is this mass chaos around her and she is talking on the phone like the distractions aren't even around her.

[​IMG]

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I know people will line up and call me a flip-flopper, but I was willing to remain open-minded about Sofia this season so long as I felt they were putting her to good use.

In a lot of ways... much as I ADORE our snarky detective Vartann, there actually is a strange sort of stability in having two "main" detectives.

While I still want to know a little more about Det. Curtis's background, I think she is starting to blend into the cases quite well.

3. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Exactly, having two main detectives, Brass and Sofia, makes perfect sense. I think it brings stability in the fact that Brass and Sofia are going to know the personalities of our CSI's and how they each work cases. This aides Sofia or Brass in cracking down on the cases easier in my opinon.

Sofia fits in beautifully. I liked her role as a CSI but she does seem to shine as a detective. She has an impeciable way of interrogating the suspects. She seems to always get her guy/gal in the end. I think Sofia/Louise is a great role model for women who might be considering law enforcement. I have done some research and its not easy for a woman to obtain a job as a detective.

Women's roles within policing now range from firearms instructors to prostitution decoys. As an occupation traditionally characterized by a high degree of institutional autonomy and white male privilege, policing poses special hurdles for white women and all people of color. Sexist stereotypes about women's physical strength and emotional self-control contribute to a working environment in which men have considerable latitude to harass, undermine, and discriminate against women, especially women of color and lesbians.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Curtis is hot. She just radiates confidence, calm and coolness. And she's so very casual about it, just a very matter of fact person. She doesn't seem afraid of anything but does that without appearing indifferent or cold. Ever since they made her detective she's become my fave character.
    I agree that it'd be nice to get a bit more into her background, but it's a first step to see her get more screentime already. (At least that's my impression from the caps and such)

5. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I think one of the most telling things we have learned about Sofia in last season and the start of seven is the fact she is not afraid to show she has a gentle caring side. Sure we see the tough "go get em'" cop but in many ways she reaches out and shows there is more to her character.

For one in "I Like To Watch" she reaches out to the rape victim and protects her from the grueling press.

In "Way To Go" she is quick to ask about Brass's condition Then later in that episode we see her offering to take care of his daughter Elle if she is proposing a problem.

In "Toe Tags" during the stabbing of the military young man, you can see her pained expression when they are dealing with telling the wife.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay this thread is close to 1000 posts, randomly we (the mods) will ask someone to start a new one. This has been done, This thread will remain active until that thread is started, then we will lock this one down.

7. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Thanks for the reminder Destiny. I have the new thread up and ready to go once 1000 posts are reached here in this thread. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.