Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSILevel1

CSILevel1 Lab Technician

I think it's time to make a topic about the controversial new character, Sofia. Some of you like it, some of you hate it, let's see the opinions about her. And no bashing, please! ;)
    Personally, I like her. She's not as good as the main characters, but she's OK.

Pictures:
    When posting pictures in threads please keep them under or close to:
    1 Large pic 400x400, or
    2 Medium pics 130x130, or
    3 Small pics 115x115.

Anything larger then the max size should be put into links, and we ask no more the "6 URL Links" per post, people will click on (most likely instructions regarding pictures will be in the first post of that thread) as it stretches the screen. Please upload any pictures to your own site to link over, as hotlinking is not allowed.
    ==========
    ~Edited To add Picture Posting requirements.~

2. X05

X05 CSI Level One

Re: Sofia Curtis

I enjoy Sofia - is she going to be a permanent part of CSI? Someone had said that she was leaving.

3. CSILevel1

CSILevel1 Lab Technician

She will be leaving soon, because she's pregnant. I hope she will return in Season 6.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

She seems like a nice enough character. She brings something new to the show which can be good. However, I'm stubborn and dislike change :( BUT, being fully supportive of the show I will have trust in the writers that they will not muck up the lab. *turns introspective----did I just say 'muck up the lab'? oh no it's starting....I'm turning into my mother.* It's ok people !! I'm not that crazy---today anyways :D Bring on Sophia !!

5. beautiful_loser

beautiful_loser Pathologist

She is new, she is different, she creates conflict in the lab amongst the people (at least in their minds) and conflict is not always a bad thing, it reveals more information and shows that these people are just as human as everyone else.

However, I just get this bad feeling that she's going to turn into the person on Star Trek that nobody's ever heard before who has to go on an away mission.

6. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

LOL...going on an away mission. I second that bad feeling. ;)

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

*cries*
    I'm sorry, I don't have anything else to say at the moment.

Tho, I like her as a character. But can't this go to "the rest" thread? Since she ain't reg or anything...

8. Starpiper

Starpiper Hit and Run

Personally, I like her. It took a while to warm up to her, but now I think she's a pretty cool character. She has a quirky kind of spunk to her and that talking-aloud-to-herself thing is kind of odd, but in a good way.

Starpiper ^_^v

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I definitely liked her right from the start. I recall crossing my fingers, hoping she wouldn't turn into an evil Ecklie plant. Well, we know Ecklie was hoping she was his plant, but she stuck to her guns, did what she felt was right, stuck up for a guy she thought was an all-around stand-up sort (Grissom), and took the blow for her integrity. And I think she took the demotion with amazing grace and class; I know that I, personally, would have gotten alot angrier than she did. She also seems to tap into something inside Grissom, she makes him think, and that's always a good thing, being able to throw Grissom off track a little, and get him out of his comfortable safety mode. I loved the scene where Grissom tried her "talking the scene" on for size. Even though he didn't know her well, and knew she was on Ecklie's team, I got the impression Grissom immediately liked her, respected her, and felt he could trust her.

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Great reply MBGrissom! [​IMG]
    I hope she comes back for Season 6. Not as a regular cast member but to see her from time to time like Archie and Bobby. :) :) :)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

ok i admit that i didn't like Sofia at the begining b/c i was a fan of the Grissom/ Sara ship but now that she's been on it for a couple of eps i reallie like her. i think i had a change of heart when her and Grissom were talking in the autopsy room processing a body and they had such a nice converstaion. i was thinking that Grissom could never have a talk that deep and that nice with Sara. that and the fact that i have givin up all hope of Grissom and Sara getting together and find them totally wrong for each other i like Sofia. i now acutally miss seeing her in an ep when she's not in it. i wish she would sign on with CSI but not reallie be part of the main cast. i like what Sofia brings to the team. i think she eases the tension a bit.

i did the same thing on Alias when Micheal Vartan's character got married on show i hated her b/c she stood in the way of his relationship with Jennfer Garner's character. but after his "wife" went evil and started going behind his back she became one of the best characters Alias has ever seen.

12. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

oh i like sofia,she's my second choice(of course sara's first :D) Some GSR shippers dislike her because of G/S,but she's totally harmless,she doesn't enjoy working night at all and wanna go,victim of office politics NO.2 :eek:

13. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

Can someone please post a pic of this so called Sofia, becuase i don't know who youse are talking about, and i would like to find out! :)

14. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

*cough* :D
    Sofia is CSI level 3 from day shift,she worked for Ecklie,and after "Mea Culpa",she was demoted and now works for Grissom :)

15. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

I find that I do enjoy her. I like the element her character brings and the interaction Sophia has with other characters (Grissom, Sara, Greg, and even Catherine). The only drawback is that she came with the breaking apart of the teams and now it seems like we don't see the regulars as much, imo. Granted this isn't particularly a result to the Sophia character, just a general observation. I've really enjoyed (and was pleasently surprised by my enjoyment) her interaction with Grissom....they have a mutual respect/comradery that's cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.