Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Re: Sofia Curtis

My two cents here....life would be *really* boring if you could only be attracted to one person regardless or whether or not a relationship were feasible. Grissom and Sara have merely been collegues during their time at CSI - why shouldn't there be an attraction between him and Sophia as well? It's not like being attracted to someone or flirting with the automatically means you want to marry them after all. Sophia is a beautiful, intelligent (not to mention *stable*) woman and I think it's perfectly natural for there to be chemistry between them. (It's not like Grissom never dates other women after all.)

As for the status quo - any regular workplace always has people coming and going. I think they are trying to reflect that while still keeping the core of the show intact and not becomeing like Law & Order. Life is pretty dull without some degree of change...

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

LOL, now that is most definitely a matter of individual opinion! I tend to agree with what Billy Petersen said in an interview about Grissom and Sophia. "It would be hard not to flirt with a girl like that. She's quite stunning." :) I'm guessing he doesn't consider her an ugly, mannish/butch "skank" - and the fact that he has acknowledged that Grissom flirts with Sophia too, not just the other way around, also makes me guess the character of Grissom doesn't find her ugly, either.

I agree with Barbarella, it would be boring - and slightly unrealistic - if characters weren't attracted to more than one person. Warrick is now married, but that doesn't mean he isn't still somewhat attracted to Cath. Greg is attracted to Sara, but that doesn't mean he won't find the new lab tech attractive, too (when she starts). Heck, if you're looking for it, you could find "evidence" that Grissom is attracted to all three women in the lab/field - Sara, Cath and Sophia. And you can throw Lady Heather into the mix too, if/when she comes back. :lol: And if Terri Miller came back freshly divorced, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him making the same googly eyes at her that he did when he had the huge crush on her in S1.

Fact of the matter is, the character of Sophia is much like the character of Sara in the respect that they both are very, very polarizing - you either really, really like them, or you really, really don't. I just think it's kind of funny that people can be watching the exact same show, and have such vastly differing opinions on the characters. And as long as it doesn't degenerate into a name-calling catfight, it's fun to discuss those differing opinions.

3. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Boggles the mind. Leaving before the spitball fight breaks out.

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

:lol:

5. lemon_grass

lemon_grass CSI Level Two

:lol: Oh man, I had no idea even the way Sofia walks or talks could elicit such passionate hatred. Gotta hand it to the shippers! You know, I think the dinner invitation scene is the whole reason behind naming the episode "Unbearable". :lol:

Note: I'm generalizing here; I know not all GSR shippers feel so strongly about Sofia, so please don't bite my head off. :D

6. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

well said if gris flirts with her...she cant be that ugly or butch-like...and i gotta hand it to those anti-sofia fans out there for noticing every move she takes...the way she walks the way she talks...it also proves that shes growing on you guys...at least u all took time to pay attention to her movement..keep it up :lol:

7. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Arturtle and Barbarella, I couldn't agree more with you both. Heck, if Grissom was my boss, well...I think you get what I'm getting at here. :lol:

It's unfair in a way. She is accused of impeding the Grissom/Sara situation but it's unrealistic to expect Grissom to hide in his office pining for Sara and not being attracted to a co-worker like Sofia, whom he obviously has some more than just work related opinions about. She's stunning. She's whip-smart. She's respectful of those around her.

Ah, I'm such a GSR nut but such a Sofia lover. I'll be over here in my minority if anyone is looking for me. :lol:

8. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Ha! Now isn't that the slouched shoulder, prodruting beer-belly, heavy on the green eye-shadow, not very clothes fashionable for a 30-something, Berkenstock wearing, kind of major butch from head to toe calling the kettle black. :lol:

[​IMG]

I'd be jealous too if Gil was smitten with Sofia.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I like his character. I hope she remains in CSI.

10. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Yeah, I hope she sticks around, too.

I feel like the ladies are outnumbered on CSI. Sofia is a lovely way to even things out, IMO.

Welcome PhiberOptik and enjoy the boards. They're the best! :)

11. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I'm not into women but I think Sofia is a very pretty lady, and you can see Grissom is interested in her something I never saw around Sara. I'm begginning to wonder if this is TPTB way of getting rid of GSR and replacing it with something better.

12. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

That's a thought. I hope so. There are a lot of rumours and spoilers floating around that indicated that "Gum Drops" will bury the GSR business. I think that's one of the reasons they moved Sofia out of CSI and made her a detective - to move any Grissom and Sofia dating potential out of the area of 'office romance'.

13. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Me too Kira, but if I were AC/DC, I'd go for Sofia in a heartbeat.

Funny story, got the hubby watching CSI now and he never use to. He gets Sofia eye-candy and I get Gil eye-candy. It's a sweet deal all the way around and after 21 years of marriage, ya gotta try some new spices now and then.

14. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

:lol: :lol: Tazzer, your post just made me spew my Diet Coke out my nose... oooooh, bubbles! *snort*

I agree that moving Sofia to the detective slot very likely could be, in part, to keep the romance options open between she & Grissom - no pesky "boss/subordinate" boundaries to contend with. The writers know what they're doing this time around, they don't want to paint themselves into another corner like they did with a certain other storyline. JMO, of course. ;)

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't think she's a threat to anyone-she just doesn't fit in- anywhere- boring--Ill wager- she'll be history- soon-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.