Locker Room #13 - **Muffled Thud** - We're Busy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Locker Room # 13 - **Muffled Thud** We're Busy!

roflmao.gif
OMG he's such a drama queen :lol:

Thanks for the kind words ladies!

It was a lot of fun to do ... but ... I'm feeling kinda guilty that I've defaced Danny now, like it's disrespectful or something. :eek:

Fay you are right ... one of them was flipped ... very observant of you! It was either flip the photo, or flip the sash, and if I flipped the sash the words on the sash would have been mirrored and unreadable.

^ lmao :lol: those photo manips were PERFECT!!! :D :lol: yes, i agree with fay, you should be the locker room's official photo manipulator!!! :D

damn, i didn't even notice the flip thing :lol:

LOL! Those are great. :lol:

And don't worry about 'defacing' Danny...he did this to himself. Despite my fondness for the guy, he is a dramatic one. ;)

I'm watching The Big Brass Ring right now, and I'm in perfect agreement with MrsG - this is a must-see for Carmine fans. Especially the first 10 minutes. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I freakin' love the pics of Danny in the tiara!

Danny was more over sweet in this episode than he was whiny, I think. To carry another discussion over here...am I the only one who doesn't want Danny to drastically mature? What drew me to the character in the first place wasn't his looks--it was his presence. He's memorable for his dramatic personality. Let's face it, based on looks alone there are many guys who are more handsome. What makes Danny stand out his personality, and I don't want to that to change. I don't want to tune in each week to see Danny turn into Lindsay's bitch. The Danny I knew would have gotten pissed off about being stood up, and then being given no explanation.

I'm not a fan of the pussified Danny, for lack of a better term. :lol: How do you guys feel about it?

YES YES YES!! Over-sweet, not whiney, I actually didn't see 'whiney' at all ... I'm with you on that one. To me it seemed more like he was trying to hard rather than whining.

And I agree I don't want him to be too grown up. It's Danny's character that initially intrigued me rather than his looks, and I'd like it to stay that way. That said, I'm not averse to him getting a bit (just not with Lindsay ... I'm in the 'see no chemistry' camp), but I don't want to see him submissive. Ever. :p

Well, maybe submissive with Flack. ;) :lol: :devil: But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. He came off as such a wimp in this last episode. How is a girl supposed to respect that, let alone be attracted to that? Nice guys are a good thing, yes, but not total pushovers. He should have at least gotten mad at some point.

I'm not adverse at all to him hooking up with someone, but seriously, it needs to be someone he has chemistry with and can be himself with. I liked the idea of him with Stella early on (and still do), and think a pairing with Angell would be interesting as well.

I'd like to see him mature a bit, but I don't believe he should (nor is capable) of taking such a drastic turn from the previous seasons to this past episode. I like that he has a strong presence and is over dramatic, picky, passionate, says cheesey things, etc. But on a personal preference, I'd like to see that he isn't a stagnant character who's confined to a certain range. I was drawn to his personality first as well because really, the man's too short for me (I'm 5'10", so a shorter guy despite his looks kills it for me). Though I don't think he would be able to grow to the extent of "Love Run Cold." I actually, quite frankly, don't even consider that any kind of maturing. That was just him being a pushover.

But yeah, I don't think some character growth would hurt.

And no, I'm not fond of pussified Danny. He actually irritated me and I found myself for the first time getting a glazed over expression whenever he came on screen. I was so expecting him to have more of a backbone when asking Lindsay where she was that night. She just brushed it off and offered no kind of explanation (almost as if it never happened) until he brought it up. Lol I took it as a respect (or lack-there-of) issue. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the pics crankyjules, I've never looked so good on my baby's head before :lol:
And if you all want to keep talking about me an Danny, that's fine by me. :lol:
But remember ... I'M THE ONE sitting on his HEAD :devil: :devil:

I'm not adverse to Danny's character maturing. It happens ... people change over time. And without growth the characters would become boring through the years. But Love Run Cold left me puzzled because there were moments where Danny was just so far removed from what we know about him.

I'm going out on a limb here, and you can call me weird (happens all the time :lol:) but even though I was puzzled some of the time, his behaviour didn't irritate me in the slightest. I didn't see him as wimpy or whiny, just a bit suck-uppy (which I can't imagine Danny being). In fact ... I thought the 'where am I' bit was quite amusing.

I had been wondering if we all hadn't been reading way too much into the whole D/L thing ... in in fact Danny isn't actually 'head over heels' but feeling things out ... UNTIL that ruddy scene where he looks desperate & bereft at Lindsay knocking him down. The shot where he is left standing there looking alone and lost ... I wanted to haul off and smack the writers around. It was all too bizarre (kind of like my mind this early in the morning).

I think the fault lies with the writers for this one ... which is sad after the previous episode was such a good one. Don't they watch the episodes during the season when they air to have a look at what the ACTORS are doing with the characters? to get a sense of the chemistry (or lack thereof in this case)? I'm launching off into a crankyrant now so I had better stop :mad:

It would be interesting to know how Carmine felt about this episode.

crankyjules said:
It would be interesting to know how Carmine felt about this episode.
That would indeed be interesting. I can't imagine any actor would be thrilled to see their strong, passionate character turned into someone's bitch.

I don't want to see Danny mature. What makes the character special is that he isn't always mature about things. He's childish, he's tempermental, he disrespects the chain of command and does whatever the hell he feels like. That's interesting. There's nothing interesting about some guy who gets stood up, fed the tiredest line in the book and then suddenly becomes the posterchild for sensitivity. * yawns and finds self staring at Flack instead* :lol:

crankyjules - I don't think we've "met" before. Welcome to the board. Your Danny drama queen photo manips rock! :D

A mature Danny definitely would not be fun to watch. Although it can get annoying once in a while drama queen Danny is pretty hot & having that temper brings up his sex appeal. He's probably use to getting his way all the time so that's probably why he chooses to act like this. He's just not the kind of person who remains cool & collected. That's Flack & Danny is no Flack or Mac or anybody else for that matter. His distinct personality makes him a pleasure to watch on screen. If I was to change one thing about him it would be those tight shirts. At first it was nice on my eyes but after a while it looks just wrong. He could always go shirtless or wear a tank top instead :devil:.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
I don't want to see Danny mature. What makes the character special is that he isn't always mature about things. He's childish, he's tempermental, he disrespects the chain of command and does whatever the hell he feels like. That's interesting. There's nothing interesting about some guy who gets stood up, fed the tiredest line in the book and then suddenly becomes the posterchild for sensitivity. * yawns and finds self staring at Flack instead* :lol:

Amen to that. I couldn't have said it better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back