Life on Mars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Jul 27, 2006.

1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

-_- What, lmao. Are they completely different shows? Or can they have the same thread. *sigh* I need to go to bed.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Doesn't matter to me. One is a US version of the other. Same premise, same or similar character names, different cast. And that other similar show I was trying to remember from last year is Journeyman.

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

For now they can just share threads.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I watched the first US ep...looked kinda interesting.

I got excited 'cause they played Baba ORiley lol. I could hear Mac "Hey that's my theme song! I want it back!" lol

And this guy...could he not play Horatio's brother? lol

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2338558976/tt0787490

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

The one thing I find interesting is seeing just how much has changed in the crime scene and the procedures and ID system. Its hard to imagine no DNA, trace and all the other goodies we are so familiar with now. Not to mention the cell phones and tv's.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Jason O'Mara is serioulsy handsome, wow, he's so awesome. Interesing episode, the old "gay bashing" in the 70's called horrible names the poor war veteran, coming out, and getting beaten to death by his own leader when he was in Viet-Nam. Jason being kind to the son and sharing his stories about his dad. Harvey Kietel so abrasvie, and things are so different now. The ditzy neighbor harmless and such a hippie:shifty: interesting and good:)

7. Desertwind

Thid was a bit creepy and off the wall, He thought the woman who was being threatned by the thugs was him mom, and acted werid around her even spooking her out, His boss and him getting the freaky boss [Robert Klein] a good dark role for him and them drinking together out of his little flask.. His ditzy hippie neighbor, and the chick who drugged him and was found floating in the river EWWWW:( really good new show! A+

8. Desertwind

This is my new favorite show, amazing Jason O'Mara is exciting and drop dead handsome and the reat of the team good.. The old hostage crisis again the psycho brother of a brain dead brother, holding all the mental patients hostage, and the rest, a nail biter, how he keeps going back to when it was and still hasn't figured out how he got to 1973. The ending with Harvey Keitel and his mega flasks saving him from the bullet:eek:good new show!

9. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

From what I have seen of this show, I really like it. I usually either forget that it is on or I distracted in the middle of it and miss the end. :(
    I like that it lets us see how the criminal justice system worked way back when. It was such a different world!
    And I agree Desertwind, Jason O'Mara is amazing ;)

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

No kidding. Boy it has changed in so much. You think Sam would be so frustrated, not only because of not knowing why he is there but in 2008 there are cell phones, computers, gps, fingerprints database, DNA, ect and being so used to that and not having it would be hard.

11. Desertwind

This ep. had so many twists and turns it made my head spin around:eek: the dad factor, and so confused that his father left him to be a gang leader, so to speak, and lied through his teeth about the whole kidnapping of the baby. And following him and calling the girl [the wife] mom, and confusing her. Sad and poignant, he got shot at the end by his own supposed dad. Jason O'Mara a sexy handsome star, and he is captivating in this role. The whole team is memorable:)

12. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I really hope the US version ends up on TV over here as the UK version's one of my favourite shows of the last few years. Pity the follow up series (Ashes to Ashes) was so bleh. At least we got more Gene Hunt I suppose :D

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Well, I've never seen the UK version, but I think that the US version rocks :thumbsup:

I was confused through a lot of this episode too.
    Maybe it was just me, but I thought that it kind of skipped around a bit. It would start talking about one thing and then was onto something completely different.
    It scared me when Sam got shot, lots of twists in this episode. I thought it was so cute when they found the baby and Christopher was riding through the police station on a chair with her on his lap.
    Good episode, but I can't believe that it won't have another new episode until January 28th though. :(

14. Desertwind

Jason O'Mara:adore: yummy he's my new fav. TV celebrity, so handsome and charismatic, those blue eyes, his perfect nose, those sumptuous lips straight white teeth and the dimples and curly hair. I saw him the other day on "THE VIEW' and he was so charming and at ease with all those vultures, and he's from Dublin how Irish. And a good actor very convincing. This ep. about the Russian mafia, and the bank robbery gone sour. And how the one tough guy actually told the poor guy who wa ranting and raving and [this is 1973] about cell phones, told him to go ahead and jump and lordy he did. Harvey Kietel so gruff and such a thug mentality, drinking whiskey at his desk:eek:the quick sexual act, right in the back room with the social worker girl:wtf: the end finding out she was his bosses daughter:evil: good ep. thanks goodness for a new exciting show!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  15. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Yay it's back! :D

I thought the new episode was really good.
    The cellphone guy was funny, I just kept thinking "if only you guys knew..." ;)
    It was interesting to see Sam with a love interest though. Can't wait to see how this works out.
    I'm excited for next weeks episode. :)