Life on Mars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This ep. was a bit hard to folllow to me, the headless victims, I immediatley thought of "JACKPOT" and the out of control nasty cop with the loser bro. who was a habitual thief, and the strange phone calls from who the hell was that? Harvey Keitel funny with the biker guys, he's a trip:eek: but I couldn't understand alot of what was going on, so if anyone else can fill me in thank's:vulcan:

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I'm not sure what happened either to be honest. I was too busy yelling at a hockey game and missed the first 30 minutes :D

I know that someone lost their head ( ;) ) and Sam bailed Michael Imperioli's (can't think of the characters name) brother out of jail. And the whole time Sam was retelling eveything to some guy who was looking for the brother, who'd already escaped in his brother's car. Then there was the mysterious phone call from the guy who has a bunch of information on Sam...
    Creepy. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it all, cause right now, I have no idea where they are going with this.

3. Desertwind

This was another strange ep. but I guess beings he's in 1973, it's always going to be a bit off the wall, the rock singer of that day and age, his eyes were creepy and all his girls and gong to his house and partying with him was what's his face's dream come true, but he watched him and the rock guy slipped LSD into his grape soda so he was 'trippin' so the girl he was with disapeared, andf they both claimed it was an UFO, actually it was a helicopter, and it sucked her into the marshy swamp water, so our hero went back and found her body, and had the same expeirence . the end was cute the rocker telling Miss Priss, how 'sexy' she was and gave her free tickets to his concert! who was this guy? I mean his real life name?

4. Desertwind

This time Tyler was over the top and ran amok on the guy he knew killed grils, but from now, not 1973. and he was arrested for hitting the guy Tony Crane. But in the end it was him and. It's hard to describe this show beacuse of his moments when he sees into the future, and it's really now the future, his co-workers cal him "space man" It's an interesting concept, and just looking at Jason O'Mara is delicious.:p

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got bad news for you guys, ABC cancelled Life on Mars, but it will let it finish it's first season.

6. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Ah! Say it isn't so?!? :scream:

Why is it that almost everytime I really get into a show (that isn't on CBS) they cancel it?
    It's like a conspiracy or something...:shifty:

7. Desertwind

:eek:WHAT, NO, DAMN I love this new show, Jason O'Mara and Harvey Keitel, and the whole 1973 concept, CRAP, it's so good, what the H happened?

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read over at tvguide.com. It didn't said why it cancelled. I guess low rating or something or ABC never get them a chance to do good work or something.

9. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Hey guys!

OMG, I love this show and it's not coming back??? :scream: No more "Spaceman"! :(
    There's something about Bad boys that turn me on. :lol:

What can I say? I love Jack Bauer to death!!!

Heck, I didn't exist in 1973, and the music is pretty cool even though I don't know most of it? :lol:

That is just soooo WRONG of ABC to cancel Life on Mars!

------------------------
    [​IMG]

10. Desertwind

Riveting episode, and I thought he was good-looking before. He went undercover with a narly full beard and moustache:p he's just incredibley handsome. He got caught up in the whole scenerio of the corrupt leader of this gang of thugs, and got romantically involved with the guys sister, who turned out to be a snake too, of couse the team came in and rescued him at the last moment when they were going to kill him. Many twiste and truns his mom form the 70's and asking hin to talk to her son who was him, mind boggling situation. At first he declined and then at the end he did, and it showed him as a boy, a teenager a young guy and up to now. Only two more and then it's gone:( Such a good show damn:klingon:

11. Desertwind

I just can't believe they've cancelled this great show:(, it's fabulous, always.. and a great cast. Last nights Tyler got aressted for killing the nasty low-life gang leader, but his boss snuck him the key to his cell, with instructions to find the real killer. So he was sneaking about looking and hiding and his co-worker girl helped him and the thug co-worker as well, and lo and behold it was the FBI guy who had him arrested, and blamed it one him wiht a bogus wittness, he almost junmped off the roof, he's got major issues with his idenity and never knowing why he's gone back to 1973.. but she saved hm and two of the cops were shot, and one almost died but he recovered.. so many twists and turns.. what a shame they dicided to nuke this riveting always amazing show:scream:

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Gosh I thought last week was the Series Finale. :( Darn just one more to go. I am definitely getting Life on Mars on dvd.

My wish is for Spaceman to come back to 2009 or do you think it will be 2008?
    Looking so forward to the Finale! :drool:

--------------------
    [​IMG]

13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am so sad at the end of this show. It was the only one on ABC I even watch. They are making a big mistake getting rid of this, but keeping Dancing With The Stars and The Bachelor. (What crap that is.) I will enjoy every moment of this show. And I will be getting it on DVD too.

14. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Aw, the finale is next week? :(

I'll have to remember to watch it. I'm gonna miss Life on Mars when it's gone...
    Why is it that every time I like a show that isn't on CBS, it gets cancelled? (with one or two exceptions)
    Well, I've enjoyed watching for however short of time it was. ABC's making a mistake in my opinion.

15. Desertwind

IT SUCKS that they cancelled, I know it's not ever even in the top 20 in ratings. When I lived in Vegas our paper listed the top 40, so maybe it's not even there. I don't know the criteria for how many viewers a show needs to maintain it's standing, but I do hope that Jason O'Mara and Harvey Keitel, are picked up for some other show, their both so riveting as well as the other cast members. Wouldn't it be great to see Jason on CSI? he was a guest on "MEDIUM" and I thought at the time how great he was, he's very versatile~It will show this in the finale & reveal how he got back to 1973.. so that will be interesting~

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009