Let's Talk Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree, I always say dyke but hardly ever lesbian. Sucks though that there is no word like "dyke" in German...but I mostly use English vocab anyway ;)

csi_fan18, welcome to the gay thread.:)

Welcome csi_fan18!

I usually say dyke. But I try not to because I know how it offends people.

My girlfriend and I are all better. I went to see her today. She just said she overthought it and I apoligized for not including her. Than we made up :devil: It was nice to see her, though I had to take the train :(

Yay! Another gay person, now I'm excited! Haha, welcome csi_fan18 :)

And I use the word dyke all the time. Like all the time, when some guy hits on me, I don't respond with "I'm a lesbian" it is usually "I am a dyke, now leave me alone" :lol:

hi csi_fan18! :)

i like the word dyke but not bull dyke. i hate that term and i hate being called that, i'm not even anywhere near being a bull dyke nor do i wish to be. i've decided i also don't like the labels 'femme' and 'butch' because i find it wrong to have your personality summed up in one word. thats the downside to how i look, i get generalized. people assume too much about me by my looks and they are usually wrong. i don't get too caught up on it though, i choose to look this way so i don't have any right to bitch about it. no one held a gun to my head while they cut my hair down to 1/2 an inch. :p

AshleyWillows said:
(I hate the word lesbian for some reason)

Oh I'm glad it's not just me that hates that word :lol: I've always hated the word lesbian, and I don't exactly know why. I guess it's because I don't like the idea of people being labeled a stereotype for their sexuality. I don't believe in that sort of thing I guess :eek:

Welcome csi_fan18! :D Yeah, it's mostly us gals in here but don't worry, that means you won't get any lame pick-up lines thrown your way, right?? :lol: :p

I just can't stand it. It sounds weird to say lesbian. I just perfer dyke. I've never actually heard the term bull dyke, but I can put it together. I don't call other people dykes, I just say gay.

It seems to me that the word Lesbian just isn't used that often any more. Most people will use the word gay to mean guy or girl. When i came out to my best friend i said "i'm gay" rather than "i'm a lesbian". I kinda like the fact that gay has become more of a univeral word. Except when people use it in the sentence "that's so gay". It really annoys me when they do that.

I don't think I've ever actually had someone come up to me and talk about lesbians or call me one. Although I get called fag and dyke most of the time, mind you those aren't really civilized conversations. My aunt uses the word lesbian all the time, but I know it's only infront of me, so either she is a very cruel preson and likes to see my wince at the word, or she wants me to fess up that I'm gay.

In civilized conversations where I'm talking about my sexuality, I usually say I'm gay (I only say I'm a dyke when I'm with close friends, or to get some creep to go away) but when I'm just randomly talking about my sexuality, it is that I'm gay.

And I have finally gotten over the whole "that's so gay" I heard it so many times I just started saying "that's so straight" people get irritated by it actually...aha.

Hello, all. Thanks for welcoming me into your group. :D
and quoth_the _raven, i'll be happy with lame pick-up lines thrown my way if they're from some incredibly hot guy. :p
But, like you said, that ain't gonna happen here. :lol:

I bought a rainbow badge today :)

I think the statement it makes about my sexuality will be lost on most people though.

I saw one of those shirts that says 'No one knows I'm a lesbian' today too. I laughed and said I wanted one and the guy at the counter looked at me all like 'Wait...you're a dyke?' fun times :lol:

I bought a rainbow badge today

Well now I'm all jealous! I want a rainbow badge!

One time I wanted to go to gay pride and get a ribbon, but my dad told me I didn't have a need to be there (dad doesnt know yet) then I wanted to go in Vancouver when I was on holidays, and then I left the day before it started! I was all like grr!

Haha, my friend has a shirt that says 'No one knows I'm a lesbian' even though she's actually only bisexual. Someone bought if for her for her birthday actually :p But I want one, I would wear it, and make my family all confused. Ehe!

Haha, my friend has a shirt that says 'No one knows I'm a lesbian' even though she's actually only bisexual.
I'm bisexual too (for the moment. I think it's more bi-confusion) but I don't know if they make shirts that say 'No one knows I'm bisexual'

I'd totally buy one if I could :D

I think dyke is a rude word, its not a very nice word.. its like calling a gay guy a puff..
I have never used dyke or anything like that.
I would stick to saying gay. Gay can mean both men and women.. I dont like usuing lesbian, perhaps cause im bi I dont see myself as a lesbian or its too much of a strong word to call myself.. I have no idea. :)
But I agree with most of you

csi_love said:
Haha, my friend has a shirt that says 'No one knows I'm a lesbian' even though she's actually only bisexual.
I'm bisexual too (for the moment. I think it's more bi-confusion) but I don't know if they make shirts that say 'No one knows I'm bisexual'

I'd totally buy one if I could :D

^^ you can make one yourself.. Than its even very unique & cool.. I would walk in it. Just so i dont have to tell people it anymore or answer questions like what do think of... and so on..

Around here i dont use a real word like Lesbian or so, sometimes i say gay but nothing more. Maybe also because i am surounded by people who are all strayed and dont talk about it much. (sorry i've i spelled some words wrong).
We have a nasty word in dutch that people use, but only when they are disgusted by a lesbian. And it always hurts me i've people say it to me or about someone. Because they mean it so negative. Being gay isn't negative damn in what time do we life lately.. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back