Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

My mother is still thinking and getting used to the idea that i am with a woman, she is so afraid of not having any grandchilderen. But I already told her that i can take away that fear. I always wanted to have kids. So will, doesnt matter to me i've I am with a woman or a man.

With my dad i dont know what he thinks of it. He is a bit away from the subject and doesnt ask much about it. I think he has to find himself in this thing. The fact that one of his little girls is have a relation with a woman. He is a bit "old school" with things like that. His wife is very nic about it. She wants to hear things from me and doesnt look that weird to it at all. She is happy for me, at least for the fact that i will find someone i will be happy with.

About the "problem" thing of mine, i am not sure what i will do with it. We are just taking some time of, or apart, how you want to say it. I didnt had really the guts to say how i really feel, but i think she already knows it. She is not being real to me with what see feels or think. We are both scared to hurt each other to much on the moment. We will take our time for this and doesnt it work out, i hope we can still be friends.. I am just waithing for what to come.. :( :(

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Ahh, my girlfriend broke up with me. But I'm okay with it I guess. There's plenty of other people in the world :D I just hope that we can eventually became friends. Because we were friends before everything.

I don't like going to family gatherings of my own, much less my girlfriend, or even friends.

3. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, even if you're okay with it or not, I send you virtual hugs!

I'm glad you're seeing it with "theres more other people" haha, when I broke up with my girlfriend I was really wanting to jump off a bridge (which I made very clear several times). Then again, I should have found a better way to cope with it. (Me being the very smart person I am went over to her house the next day) I actually seriously considered thearpy because I was so upset about it. (It was pretty harsh, she broke up with me with a poem!)

But I'm glad that you're taking this okay Ashley And I do hope you two can be friends again. You're right, there are many more people out there.

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Sorry to hear it went wrong Ashley. You're right, of course there are others out there and I wish you the besr of luck in finding one who will be right for you.

Nathalie, hugs to you. I hope things work out for you too.

Now, reading both your posts I was wondering, how come that so many of you want to stay friends after breaking up? I mean, at first I thought it was what I wanted too, after my break up, I guess I didn't want her out of my life completely, but after only a little while I found out it doesn't work for me. I can't be friends with someone I was ince very intimate with. It just never felt right to "change" my feelings and the nature of our relationship like that. We weren't made to be friends with each other I guess, we would have ended up in a pretty screwed "friends with benefits" arrangement that would have oppressed a genuine friendship from happening as well as it would have belatedly betrayed the feelings we used to have when all was still good.

I understand the idea and the effort to make a friendship with the ex work, especially when things haven't ended in bad spitits, but has it ever really worked for anyone? I mean, it probably has, but I'm just wondering how it would be.

5. Kylie

Kylie Witness

I'm afraid to say that friendship didn't work for me and my ex. She treated me horribly, but I still cared a great deal for her. I ended it, though.

We talked on and off for a few weeks afterwards, but never about anything serious. It just couldn't work out, which is sad really. *shrug*

6. Nienna Berylla

Mia what i can say about being friends after it, is because we are more friends now than lovers. And i like it in that way. Its nice to have her around like that. I can depent on her and she on me, but its nothing more.. So way be lovers i've can be good friends.. But maybe i see it to much on a "pink cloud"on the moment i dont know. Its for me a thing to find out i guess, she is my first relationship in my life...

At Ashley I am so sorry for you, i hope its really ok..Thake care.. Huggles to you..

7. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

When I broke up with my girlfriend we remained friends. I mean, well, it probably was because she was one of my roommates. And we shared a room (until I told her to go sleep in a different room, now I have my own room, baha!) but we were best friends, and losing your best friend sucks. And we were really good friends, and I really didn't want too lose that. We fought a lot more, and had to work things out. But I just wanted to have that friendship that we had before.

Sometimes remaining friend doesn't work, I almost at a point didn't think it was going to work for us, but in the end it all ended up working out. (Except she beats on me a lot more now, not kidding, I'm constantly covered in bruises from her hitting me :p)

8. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

That just sounds so wrong. Why are you putting up with that?

9. AshleyFirst223

Thanks Everyone. Virtual hugs for all :D

Well I want to be friends because we were friends before. If we hadn't been, I could care less. A majority of the time, (in my experience) frinedships don't work out between ex's. I have probably 2 friends who I've dated.

I don't like friendship with an ex because no matter who ended it, it's like awkward to talk about new relationships. I don't like to look at a person and start to remember everything we had done in the past. It's just weird.

10. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Oh dear :( Please don't continue putting up with that anymore. I had an old friend of mine that used to beat me up every chance she got. She just looked for an excuse to hit me. I've had many "friends" beat me up, and it's not worth it. Please don't continue to tolerate that abuse :(

But, on the other hand, if she is beating you up, that just shows that that relationship just wasn't meant to be :rolleyes: She sounds like a bitch who needs to go into anger management :lol:

11. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Another thing I found. Everytime I would talk about wanting to meet someone new to my ex, she would get all shifty and nevous and eventually irritated, because she was jealous.

Awe! Thanks for the concern Jorja_Rain and quoth it was a while ago, and it's not like she beat me until the point where I was bleeding and couldn't move. (Yeah, that would be me at the police station) I would say she hasn't done it for a while but I've been back home for the summer. So she obviously hasn't done it for a while. And I probably didn't help, I would hit her back, but not nearly as hard. I think it was the only way she knew how to solve problems actually. Only it really did hurt! But pretty much what happened was this:

She beat on me so many times that I freaked out (I'm not kidding, we were in the middle of the hallway at school) and I screamed so loud that if she was to ever lay a finger on me again she was out of my life. That was about a week from the last day of classes before break, and she left for Vacation right away, but I think I would like to say she probably won't do it again. (And put it this way, if she does as much as it will hurt me, she is completley out of my life)

But thanks for the concern guys! Don't worry, I'm all good.

12. Nienna Berylla

That really doesnt sound good, why would you stay with her? i get it that you love her, but do you really think she will change and not beat you any more.. I really hope you are walking away from her i've she is doing it again. Because its really wrong. I lived true a thing like that and i know how hard it is to walk away but i promis you you will feel so much better when you are out of that situation..Think about yourself and your feelings dont let her do that to you.. YOu are so much nicer than that..
    Good luck with it. *huggles*
    Dont mean to be hard or so, i am just a bit worried about it.. Mean it nice and to help.. Hope you will see that. :(

13. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Yeah, I've made it clear that I've changed a lot in my life, and second chances are something I'm not giving anymore. I know she understands that if she does it again, I'm done with her. And my roommates have also agreed that if she lays another finger on me again we will be telling her to find somewhere else to live. But thank you, your concern really does mean a lot to me.

14. AshleyFirst223

Well, I trust your choices Levon! You stand up for yourself :D

Well I started school today. My math teacher is so hot :D She's young and greek plus she's really mellow. Oh jeez, a teacher crush rebound really doesn't sound good :eek:

15. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Good to hear that, Levon :D

I subscribed to a GBLT podcast for free on iTunes, I figured what the hell, and it totally sucks :lol: I was listening to it the other night, and it was 50 minutes long, and they spent like... 5 minutes talking about what they were supposed to, and the other 45 about working at K-Mart and setting french-fry grease on fire :rolleyes: Deleted :lol:

My aunt made me feel uncomfortable today, I kind of tricked her into the whole lesbian-dicussion thing to learn her views and she said butch-looking lesbians freak her out, but the feminine-looking ones freak her out even more because you can't tell if they're gay. ...Does that even make sense? :lol: She used Portia de Rossi as an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.